The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hireling Deliveries now coming every 13+ hours instead of every 12??

xaraan
xaraan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I normally do pretty well with checking my hireling mails on my couple characters that get them. Having to drop what you are doing and sign into each is a pain, but whatever... sometimes I get rotation off and 2nd delivery shows up crazy late and I skip it and try and reset the rotation.

That's what I did yesterday - I didn't get any the night before, didn't stay up late enough, so I got on at 730am to start a new rotation and get my deliveries. Then, last night, the second delivery never showed until 830, now this morning, it's now 930 and no delivery.

The hireling deliveries system wasn't that great to start with, this is definitely not a good change if intentional. I put in a bug report, but wondering if anyone else has noticed a change?

Edit: This has continued, with deliveries not coming until almost 10 when I wrote this yesterday morning and then the evening deliveries not showing up until just after 11 last night.

This will put me at after noon for my morning delivery and well after midnight, meaning I'll probably miss the night delivery.
Edited by xaraan on September 18, 2014 4:00PM
-- @xaraan --
nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
AD • NA • PC
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen this at all and nothing different after patch 1.4.3 and my Patch 1.4.4 this AM were still synched and on time. I will re-confirm tonight at 2250 CDT for my 3/3 mails after patch 1.4.4.

I have 7 characters receiving 2/3 and 3/3 hireling mail. I have them all synched and can move the times just as you did by waiting to logon at a certain time. And move the entire cycle by skipping an entire batch and then waiting past the start of the next scheduled time.

I don't know how exactly you skipped that 2nd rotation but I will offer two suggestions.

1) It is important that whenever you receive hireling mails that you click at least once on every one while you are in the mail window, and change the status from unread to read (Flashing to not-flashing). You don't have to take the attachments just mark them as read.

The reason is, you will receive the Boing sound whenever you receive a new mail. But you will also receive the Boing sound if you have unread mail still in your mailbox.

If you are going quickly and login to 2nd character and there is still unread mail from the first, you are getting the notice for the old mail. If you log out quickly before you wait for a 2nd Boing to confirm new mail for that 2nd character, you aren't actually getting the new mail yet.

And sometimes you are just a few seconds too early on the 2nd character and it will not receive any new mail yet, you will need to completely exit the mail tool to get actual new mail. Marking read ensures that the next Boing you get can only be for new mail and confirms if you have given enough time for that rotation.

2) Whenever you want to move the timer on a complete rotation you have to wait until completely after the start time of the next cycle. If you can I would give at least 3-5 minutes gap to be sure. And if all your hirelings aren't already synched you may have to add hours or skip a day altogether to get one new fresh timer cycle on the first rotation.

You may have done everything right and have an actual bug on your characters/install. I hope any of this may help you further troubleshoot or solve your issue.

Pleas let me know if any of this did help or ask again and I will help if I can.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I was aware of most of what you recommended and had tried it, but I'll start tracking again and double check it all. When no one responded to this for a bit I figured it was a unique problem to me, so I quit tracking as closely, I'll start watching exact times again and see how it goes.

I did continue watching for the next day and a half and the 13 hour thing continued for me through that much, which put it at having been tracked for six deliveries overall since that patch. I'll watch it longer and let them reset again.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure yet but I seem to have had the same problem. My deliveries were planned to appear at the same time for all my characters but I only received the hirelings with 1/3 or 2/3. Those with 3/3 delivered aproximately one hour later. If it's a planned design it's a really bad one that just only adds frustration.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, i'm going to keep checking, but it happened again tonight. I just got my deliveries at midnight-ish and logged in to get them this morning at 10 something.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand : from midnight to 10 is 10 hours right? Much quicker then?

In my case I had the 3/3 deliveries at 1'10 am and I relogged at 13'30 and had fortunately the new deliveries. So maybe it was another reason the delay before (server delay or other...). I expect to have all deliveries ( 1/3 , 2/3 a,d 3/3) at 1'30 am. Hope t goes well :)
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like both of you may have some 3/3 on some crafts out of sync with your 1/3-2/3 on different crafts.

If you have 1/2-2/3 on BS and 3/3 on WW on the same character, the 1/2-2/3 and 3/3 can be different timers on the same character.

If you aren't watching closely, those 3/3 can get on their own cycle and be a totally different time from all the rest, and those 3/3 will not sync back up until you skip all of them together with enough lapse to clear all the timers.

If you start getting late with that 3/3, the next time you log in for 1/3-2/3 you will not get the 3/3 for that craft until later.

When my 8AM-8PM cycle finally creeps out to 11AM-11PM, I have to reset all and I will skip the 11PM AND the 11AM and not log any character again until after 8PM. You have to clear two full rotations on both 1/3-2/3 and 3/3 to re-sync all.

Concentrate on the 2nd 3/3 timer as its own "thing". Basically your only option is to swap the times for 3/3 from AM to PM every so often as you need to.

Edited by SpAEkus on September 23, 2014 2:12PM
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    In what concerns me I have let pass some days because of holidays and just recently could download patch and have an internet connection so I could only log in for the deliveries. So the cycles should have been sync and they were the first day. Just noticed this +-1hour difference yesterday but it seems as now the 3/3 deliveries arrived in time. I'll check tonight if it continues that way and then assume it was just a weird and unique thing :smile:
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No speakus, all three of my VR guys are 3/3 in their hireling deliveries. I'm also aware of all of the various things you should do to get emails to show up, etc. I mean, I've been keeping track of deliveries for months now -- this is something that has started happening all the sudden after 1.4 patch. (I have put in ticket on it)
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay I don't have anything else to offer, all mine are still synched after 1.4.4 and after tonite I'll probably be rotating them, night deliveries are almost at 11PM for me.

Sorry I couldn't offer more.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm having this issue on my NB, my sorc is ok
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!