Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Thanks for removing Veteran Points ... but..

• GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim
    ✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »

The mobs in PVP are all VR5, and all the players are VR12, they're VR1. That's what's stopping them. Vet dungeons are VR5 and VR10. Craglorn is VR10+

They're VR1. If they want to be effective in groups or PVP, it means more solo quest grinding.

Not that I like the current state of the VR system but...

I just have to say that I started PvPing at VR1 and had plenty to contribute. Can I stand toe-to-toe with a good VR 12 when I'm VR3? Definitely not. But there are plenty of VR12's that AREN'T good, and pvp in this game is basically NEVER me fighting one other person. I'm part of a group, and can in fact add something to the effort.

Also, you now get decent XP for PvPing, I've seriously gotten at least a third of my VR leveling done by PvPing while VR1-3.

Do I die alot? yeah. But so do most VR12's, even the good ones. It's what you do in between dying that matters.

And two more words for ya: Siege Weapons. They burn everyone. I've been burning people with siege weapons and killing them since I was level 15.

Of course, right now the whole PvP system is borked, so even if your friends realized that they could PvP at any veteran level, it wouldn't change the cluster**** that Cyrodiil has become. But that's a different issue...
    Edited by GreyPilgrim on September 17, 2014 2:32AM
    Options