The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner: Lightning Tornado"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Battlemaster's Corner: Lightning Tornado." Be sure to check out this powerful Sorcerer build.

If you'd like to be featured in a future Battlemaster's Corner, submit your own build to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com!
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on September 15, 2014 5:30PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just thinking about trying something like this over the weekend. Perhaps this is a sign that I should.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually going for something similar with my Templar and a 2H since the new changes to Medium Armor is um...Kinda nice with that 12% attack power for a 5pc. Mixed that two pieces of light and a set like The Air and Martial Knowledge.....Might actually pull off a decent melee/support DPS build.

Not so sure about Trials though since Templars = Full healers in those, which is only slightly upsetting.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Streak / Immovable... one of the most hated abilties in game after dragonblood spell reflect, talons , Standard of melting.
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Stormcalling
    Streak (morph of Bolt Escape) will no longer affect more than six targets, which was resulting in a much larger amount of Ultimate gain than intended.

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Looks like Steel Tornado just became void.
  • csillver_ESO
    unless youre staying out of somebody else mage light, NT. Still very viable. Ive a friend that has saved me more than a few times with that....
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting build! Nice job ^^
  • Pixelex
    Pixelex
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting build! I will try something like this. But how do you get the 50% Crit or higher?

5 parts of medium armor 15%
    + two swords with precise (10%) = 25%
    + mundus stone thief (5%) = 30%
    + 4 pieces Night Mother's Gaze 4 pieces (8%) = 38%
    + 2 pieces Hundings Rage (4%) = 42%

42% !?

So what am I missing? o_o
    Meisterangler alias Masterfischi
    www.pixelex.net
  • Morrighan_Ravenborn
    Looks like a really fun build. Thanks for sharing.
  • Redwyrm
    Redwyrm
    ✭✭
    Hate to disappoint you, but that build was invented back in closed beta one and half year ago by Atropos_Nyx, creator of FTC addon.
    He showed that build on twitch even before the game launch.
    And by being popular twitch streamer, as you can imagine a lot of ppl used that build right from the game start.
    Edited by Redwyrm on September 16, 2014 5:16PM
  • theHollow
    theHollow
    Nice build Deltia, glad ESO finally posted one of yours.
    aka kiltedpiper
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixelex wrote: »
    Interesting build! I will try something like this. But how do you get the 50% Crit or higher?

5 parts of medium armor 15%
    + two swords with precise (10%) = 25%
    + mundus stone thief (5%) = 30%
    + 4 pieces Night Mother's Gaze 4 pieces (8%) = 38%
    + 2 pieces Hundings Rage (4%) = 42%

42% !?

So what am I missing? o_o

The Cryodiil bonuses.
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theHollow wrote: »
    Nice build Deltia, glad ESO finally posted one of yours.
    Thanks! I'd probably tweak it some now that I have played more but I still love it.
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched my level 20 Wood Elf vamp sorcerer over to this build and I am loving it! I don't have any PVP skills to use so I put Silver Bolts in place of that and it is working well. Thanks for sharing this build! Love it!
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    So for a long while, I did the normal destruct/restro combo on my sorceror khajiit. It was okay, but I really wanted a little bit of a mix up. I had an alt DK that was pure warrior, and a templar that was already all magicka, so I wanted a mixture of both.

The wonderful thing about this is not only does my khajiit squeeze in a bit more critical due to racial perks, but now I get to whisper 'Thundercat, ***!' every time I turn her into an electric kitty.

EDIT: Huh. Apparently the time-honored battle cry of a childhood cartoon is censor-worthy.
    Edited by Runefell on January 4, 2015 3:37AM
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS