The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trials. What where they thinking?

NukaCola
NukaCola
✭✭✭
Oh boy where do i start?

Let's make raids that make you do dps races in a game that doesn't allow macros. In a game that advertises diversity and play like you want mentality, instead of cookie cutter builds. A game that has issues with controls and responsiveness to begin with.

On Eu servers we have a massive language barrier. Why would you make a death limit on a raid and make it impossible for people to come together and learn... to have fun? I don't know how it is in US servers, but in EU you have to have the completed achievement to attend these raids. This will only further isolate players that have so far played this game mostly solo. They can't even start to learn group content because they can't even try.

This has to be the worst introduction to end game in a game i have ever seen. Now in the coming patch they add another trial. Is this how the game will continue? Just trials. Where are the real raids? The 30+ player wipe fests? The good and the fun stuff.

More imagination for the bosses. The Aetherial archives has a promising start and cool layout. The teleporter pads and the rooms with traps is the best part. Bosses are really boring.

Here's how it should have been:

Remove the wipe limit. Make it just a regular end game raid dungeon. Have a separate trial mode with all the time attack and leaderboard nonsense. Have separate achievements for each.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AA is boring, since it's nothing but stacking together in one big pile. lmao.

HR is more interesting, but it doesn't drop warlock rings, so they are far fewer Hel Ra groups these days.

Wipe limit is fine with me. It limits damage control in that you won't be losing 25 soul gems every run just because a sub-par group wants to keep trying.
  • Mormo
    Mormo
    ✭✭✭
    OP, have you tried the new Serpent Trial on PTS? Have you tried Dragonstar Arena? If you want a good indication of where the game is headed (at least in the short term) I would suggest heading there.

You are not alone in wanting a "real raid". Many on the forums, including my guild (DaFunk), have complained that these so called "raids" are too short. It is my understanding that the Serpent Trial was under development around the time the first clears of AA and Hel Ra were done. The developers then used that data to tweak and finish the Serpent Trial. However, that being said, it has been said that they are making the "score" (i.e. time calculation) from the trials a bit more complicated in the near future. Not sure what that entails, but I look forward to it.

As for Dragonstar Arena, it is by far the most fun I have had in this game to date. The normal mode will be good for casual players and the veteran mode will give even the best players a real struggle. Having spent 5+ days on the PTS in JUST Dragonstar Arena, I can safely say that DSA will be the best 4 man raid in the game. Each time through it has taken us ATLEAST an hour and a half to complete it. I love it.

If they make a 12 man raid similar to this, it will be amazing.
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Mormo
    45K DpS oN NaVi GoDSLaYeR
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  • NukaCola
    NukaCola
    ✭✭✭
    Well i wouldn't call a four man instance a raid. But yea the Dragonstar Arena sounds good to me. But there needs to be a big raid with massive monsters. Bring on Dragon and Giant bosses etc.

They need to keep these trials a separate thing from the regular raids. Otherwise many are left unhappy because they can't even try them out, because of ridiculous requirements.

Many doesn't even care about some leaderboards and why should they? It's not a old arcade game from the 80's.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has to be the worst introduction to end game in a game i have ever seen. Now in the coming patch they add another trial. Is this how the game will continue? Just trials. Where are the real raids? The 30+ player wipe fests? The good and the fun stuff.

Every MMO with raid content does have requirements these days and those are always set up by Elitists.

Even if we had 40 men raids, the Elitists would still be there and demand that you spec like a pro gamer website suggests, that you use add on xy and have TS.

Its an issue by the current generation of gamers and not so much the games. WOW is full of Elitism as well and it doesn't have trial raids.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    NukaCola wrote: »
    Oh boy where do i start?

Let's make raids that make you do dps races in a game that doesn't allow macros. In a game that advertises diversity and play like you want mentality, instead of cookie cutter builds. A game that has issues with controls and responsiveness to begin with.

On Eu servers we have a massive language barrier. Why would you make a death limit on a raid and make it impossible for people to come together and learn... to have fun? I don't know how it is in US servers, but in EU you have to have the completed achievement to attend these raids. This will only further isolate players that have so far played this game mostly solo. They can't even start to learn group content because they can't even try.

More imagination for the bosses. The Aetherial archives has a promising start and cool layout. The teleporter pads and the rooms with traps is the best part. Bosses are really boring.

Here's how it should have been:

Remove the wipe limit. Make it just a regular end game raid dungeon. Have a separate trial mode with all the time attack and leaderboard nonsense. Have separate achievements for each.

Yea, that 'play as you want' can be viable - it was obviously put in for the solo-centric folks.

It is of course not effective for those grouping/raiding at higher level content. Wasn't really ever a question for competitive play.

Implementation of 1.5 has 'phasing fixes' in addition to other deliciousness like STAM REGEN in it; if so then upper level content ie Craglorn may be somewhat more attractive for grouping, and that may lead to people being better prepped to head into the Trials.