Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Zenimax Livestream on Twitch tomorrow (9/12/14)

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summing up the entire interview:

-Dev's reading verbatim template copy/paste's
    -Dodging questions about core issues while only talking about new content and not addressing current broken content.
    -Talking about things that look good on paper.
    -Heavy use of "Coming soon" "In the works" "we are working on" and "up coming"

What I hope is addressed:

-Stamina problems
    -Block Casting
    -Class Balance
    -Warewolf crappiness
    -Batswarm
    -Stamina resource managment
    -How spellcrafting will put cherry on top of no one using stamina
    -Lack of guild tools

So, were you disappointed?
    Options
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    i want to watch; anyone record it?

They will upload to YT next week.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
    Options
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Good job zenimax
    Options
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    good stream, had fun watching it.. nice job

but i would not have known about it without this thread ;)
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Patros wrote: »

Thanks, @Patros. We can explain why that is. We wanted to get our feet wet and do sort of a soft launch of the show and channel before heavily promoting it.

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Same, though I didn't get to watch since I was out.

Was there any mention of other features coming in for the UI? I'm glad to see chat bubbles, even though I personally wouldn't use them more options are always good. Particularly as I mentioned before, I'm curious about nameplates/guild tags (toggleable of course) since we're seeing chat bubbles (which are presumably also optional?). And honest question, but how would chat bubbles be intuitive with no names associated to them? As far as that goes, aside from the huge benefits of nameplates as an option, I almost would think they have to go in together. Both for pve and pvp organization, living world feeling + name recognition etc, and even role playing I would think, they'd be useful.

@Zos_GinaBruno @zos_jessicafolsom , any thoughts? :)
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was there any mention of other features coming in for the UI? I'm glad to see chat bubbles, even though I personally wouldn't use them more options are always good. Particularly as I mentioned before, I'm curious about nameplates/guild tags (toggleable of course) since we're seeing chat bubbles (which are presumably also optional?). And honest question, but how would chat bubbles be intuitive with no names associated to them? As far as that goes, aside from the huge benefits of nameplates as an option, I almost would think they have to go in together. Both for pve and pvp organization, living world feeling + name recognition etc, and even role playing I would think, they'd be useful.

I certainly hope nameplates are also coming soon. Paul Sage made the comment that they have "always planned to have nameplates" but are waiting until they get them just right. I think at Quakecon? Don't have a source.
    Options
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, @Patros. We can explain why that is. We wanted to get our feet wet and do sort of a soft launch of the show and channel before heavily promoting it.

Yes, a good idea actually. There were some rough edges, but all in all it was good. Features: more "News," way more "Q&A," more game streaming (which turned out to be a kind of stealth Q&A with the streamers asking all the questions). Less time devoted to praising bad fan art, please: that's something that is okay on Facebook and the website but doesn't translate well to this format. The plushie giveaway was a nice touch, though.

Good job of multitasking, Jessica, talking and replying to chat at the same time. Very Twitch-savvy.
    Options
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Srugzal wrote: »
    Summing up the entire interview:

-Dev's reading verbatim template copy/paste's
    -Dodging questions about core issues while only talking about new content and not addressing current broken content.
    -Talking about things that look good on paper.
    -Heavy use of "Coming soon" "In the works" "we are working on" and "up coming"

-Stamina problems
    -Block Casting
    -Class Balance
    -Warewolf crappiness
    -Batswarm
    -Stamina resource managment
    -Lack of guild tools

So, were you disappointed?

Almost.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I take it City of Ash will be a VR14 dungeon? Or are they adding that "dungeon scaling" feature for Update 5?
    Options
  • MADshadowman
    MADshadowman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Good Job! I really enjoyed seeing you two pretty ladies :)
    Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO Live is going to be a bit of a variety show. Some chatting with players, some chatting with devs, checking out some fan creations, some news and updates, and a few other fun things. Every show will differ a bit from the last since it's a variety show, but the general structure will be the same.

Do you also have Strippers o:)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Options
  • staxjax
    staxjax
    ✭✭✭
    Resueht wrote: »
    Won't be able to watch it live but will be sure to catch it after.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ ,
    Please archive it for those of us you can't be there live!

It'll be archived. :)

"No recorded past broadcasts available"

=(

Options
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    staxjax wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ ,

=(

:(
    Options
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    staxjax wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ ,

=(

So it hasn't been archived yet. Patience, dude. She also said that it will be on Youtube.
    Options
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Stamina problems Was mentioned
    -Block Casting
    -Class Balance
    -Warewolf crappiness Was mentioned for update 5
    -Batswarm
    -Stamina resource managment Was mentioned (before update 5)
    -Lack of guild tools

Just watch it, then complain. Not vice versa.
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Show was awesome!
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rophez_ESO wrote: »

I certainly hope nameplates are also coming soon. Paul Sage made the comment that they have "always planned to have nameplates" but are waiting until they get them just right. I think at Quakecon? Don't have a source.

That was a good while back during an "Elder Scrolls OTR" twitch stream and interview. They didn't confirm that they will be putting them in but rather said they were something they (paraphrasing) "would like to have but don't have an implementation that looks good yet". Considering chat bubbles are much larger and pervasive an option when enabled, I don't see why we can't have nameplates/guildtags in a similar style with a smaller font size perhaps or similar at this point then.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was a great show and I'm very happy that Zenimax is doing this!
    Thanks to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GinaBruno to have hosted it! Good work!
    Even if I didn't won the hoodie!! :'( Next time maybe. *cross fingers*
    Options
    drkeys143 wrote: »
    For those of us who don't use Facebook, could you confirm the time? :)

4:00 pm EDT

am or pm??
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guar!
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed watching looking forward to what you got coming up next and beyond :)
    Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any links for youtube yet?
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for tuning in, everyone! As Gina mentioned, we'll post a short show lineup next time. Also, for those who weren't able to tune in, we'll be uploading the full show to the ZeniMax Online Studios YouTube channel. It may take us several day, though.
    Edited by AshySamurai on September 13, 2014 11:30AM
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for tuning in, everyone! As Gina mentioned, we'll post a short show lineup next time. Also, for those who weren't able to tune in, we'll be uploading the full show to the ZeniMax Online Studios YouTube channel. It may take us several day, though.

Thank you :smile:
    Options
    inspiral1 wrote: »

am or pm??

oh lol sorry just woke up
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

am or pm??

lol! Good morning^^
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options

am or pm??

lol! Good morning^^

haha morning xD
    Options
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was an interesting show, and look forward to more of them, however in the portion of the show named "Hot topics" aimed at these forums the main topic that has had no input on these forums for 5 weeks and has had 5.6k views on here is the topic of AoE caps and the blobs currently lagging cyrodiil and crashing the server etc. I and my guildies asked several times in the stream and yet again it wasn't answered. I am beginning to get worried about the silence on this "hot topic". Any update???
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed the show and will watch when it gets uploaded. Thanks a lot for the effors, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ & @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ !
    Options