Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Destruction Staff, Frost Lightning rant and Sorcerer Rant

sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
When, Zenimax are you going to address the destruction staff uselessness frost tree? Frost heavy snares 1 target for 40% seconds? Really 3.5 seconds is useless. Lightning heavy does 15% splash damage 2 to nearby targets? So it does 10 damage for 3 ticks to 2 additional damage for a total whopping 30 DAMAGE? Is this the best you guys could come up with? Why doesn't frost sap stamina? Why doesn't lightning do more damage and why aren't all shock based spells instant when going towards the target? Every other eso game that i remember lightning being a insanely fast moving spell not something that can be dodged here you can just roll out of the way.

The Sorcerer is pathetic when fighting dragon knights. Dragon knights are able to reflect all our spells except daedric curse and the horrid AOEs we get which can be avoided by walking around ( Daedric Minefield) them. Night blades do more damage by spamming funnel health, we still have a entire tree that's useless in pvp ( Daedric summoning) . Our Spells suck only last 2.5 seconds. ( Lightning SPLASH ) No Radius unless you take lightning flood and the damage sucks on it anyways. Why aren't we able to shoot fire and frost out of our hands( you know like other Elder Scrolls games? Every other class gets a instant high damage ability that can be spammed except sorcerers. Why can't we summon the Daedra we want? Why don't we get mass AOE spells that are actually relevant in damage??? Mage guards get a lightning flood that last for 10 seconds has 3 times the size of our lightning flood and does 5 times the amount of damage.

We have no self heals ,no fears ,no invisibility, the only mass CC we have is

streak and that cost a ton of mana and i'm pretty sure that isn't how streak was intended to be used as a MASS CC ABILITY THAT DOES NOT HAVE A AOE CAP.

Daedric Mines has got to be the dumbest thing in the game ATM for a AOE even with the morph of Daedric Minefield 5 mines are not enough, and the immobilize duration isn't long enough what is the point of that spell to spam at wall breaches? thats the only thing that i can think of it being used for. To waste mana?
The only way i can see this spell being useful is if it summoned 20 mines in a circle around the Sorcerer and each mine had a 4 -6 second immobile effect.

Fix this games spells and abilities
Edited by sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO on September 13, 2014 1:21PM
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When, Zenimax are you going to address the destruction staff uselessness frost tree? Frost heavy snares 1 target for 40% seconds? Really 3.5 seconds is useless. Lightning heavy does 15% splash damage 2 to nearby targets? So it does 10 damage for 3 ticks to 2 additional damage for a total whopping 30 DAMAGE? Is this the best you guys could come up with? Why doesn't frost sap stamina? Why doesn't lightning do more damage and why aren't all shock based spells instant when going towards target?

The Sorcerer is pathetic. Dragon knights are able to reflect all our spells except daedric curse and the horrid AOEs we get which can be avoided by walking around them. Night blades do more damage by spamming funnel health, we still have a entire tree that's useless in pvp. Our Spells suck only last 3 seconds. ( Lightning SPLASH ) No Radius unless you take lightning flood and the damage sucks on it anyways. Why aren't we able to shoot fire and frost out of our hands? Every other class gets a instant high damage ability that can be spammed except sorcerers. Why can't we summon the daedra we want? Why don't we get mass AOE spells that are actually relevant in damage??? Mage guards get a lightning flood that last for 10 seconds has 3 times the size of our lightning flood and does 5 times the amoutn of damage.

We have no self heals ,no fears ,no invisibility, the only mass CC we have is streak and that cost a ton of mana and i'm pretty sure that isn't how streak was intended to be used. Daedric Mines has got to be the dumbest thing in the game ATM What is the point of that spell? To waste mana? Fix this game.

I just ditched my V12 NB until they fix dark cloak, and add mobility. I am loving my level 15 lightning sorc, and I dont even have BE yet! Storm calling is the best tree in the game.
    Edited by akray21 on September 9, 2014 7:48PM
    Options
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We have no self heals ,no fears ,no invisibility, the only mass CC we have is streak and that cost a ton of mana and i'm pretty sure that isn't how streak was intended to be used. Daedric Mines has got to be the dumbest thing in the game ATM What is the point of that spell? To waste mana? Fix this game.
    Encase = roots up to 6 enemies, damage or snare on break (depending on morph)
    Rune Prison = mez for 15 seconds, stun on break or +Spell damage on next attack
    Frost AEs (impulse, wall) for AoE snares.

I can agree with a few things though, the Daedric Summoning tree is pretty lackluster.

The Destro Staff passive Tri-Focus is terrible. Worse than 2 hander passives :) damage increase would be better, or adding special affects depending on element, IE Magika or Stamina Drains

Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Sorcerer is pathetic......Every other class gets a instant high damage ability that can be spammed except sorcerers.

Seriously?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can agree with a few things though, the Daedric Summoning tree is pretty lackluster.

The Destro Staff passive Tri-Focus is terrible. Worse than 2 hander passives :) damage increase would be better, or adding special affects depending on element, IE Magika or Stamina Drains

Encase + 2 lightning splash, + some cleave, + mages wrath = laugh.
    Options
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Encase + 2 lightning splash, + some cleave, + mages wrath = laugh.

agreed. I approach AoE situations with Encase > Lightning Splash > 1 or 2 Impulses followed by another lightning splash if needed. Executing the stragglers with Endless Fury :)
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would probably overpowered but I just wish that casting lightning splash didn't overwrite itself. Because of this, to really pump out max aoe dps you need to use impulse in between, but in reality you are doing more DPS if you just spam impulse.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Lag
    Lag
    ✭✭
    Sorcs do a ton of damage. watrutalkinbout willis?
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single target 6000+ hp VR6 mini boss. Shards, repeat until 30%, 2 Furys. Are we bored yet?

Stack of 2 - 3 k mobs. Surge, Impulse, Lightning Form ... Impulse till 'left combat'. I can use Encase and not Lightning Form if I want but being in the middle makes 'bats' devastating.

I hardly ever use it though as I save my Ults for difficult situations and they are rare.
    Options
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is serious, but anways,
    Dragon knights are able to reflect all our spells except daedric curse and the horrid AOEs we get which can be avoided by walking around them.
    Mage's wrath (minus the explosion)
    Night blades do more damage by spamming funnel health
    Hardened ward
    Our Spells suck only last 3 seconds.
    Then spam more spells.
    No Radius unless you take lightning flood and the damage sucks on it anyways.
    Critical surge and Impulse
    Every other class gets a instant high damage ability that can be spammed except sorcerers.
    Critical surge and crushing shock
    Why can't we summon the daedra we want?
    And why can't i summon a unicorn or something?
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer does have a few problems (like all classes), even if OP sounds a bit over the top.

They're stuck with Lightning Destruction Staff, if they want to do anything constructive. Main reason is them lacking a cheap and effective AoE. I don't know any other class being that pigeonholed into one weapon skill line only. That's also why my sorcerer is a crafter these days. I just cant stand the lack of flexibility.

On both my Templar and DK, I'm free to use any weapon really, because I like the passives, one skill or whatever. It really doesn't affect my performance or play-style much. Their wide array of class skills and AoE, makes weapon choice sort of irrelevant. Which of course offers more enjoyable builds to tweak and mess around with.

Sorcerers also have the worse class skill line in the game, Daedric Summoning. Half the skills are toggles. They costs 2 slots to use and they're so *** they aren't even worth one. But maybe Storm Calling (being one if the best lines), makes up for it.
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

They're stuck with Lightning Destruction Staff, if they want to do anything constructive. Main reason is them lacking a cheap and effective AoE. I don't know any other class being that pigeonholed into one weapon skill line only. That's also why my sorcerer is a crafter these days. I just cant stand the lack of flexibility.

On both my Templar and DK, I'm free to use any weapon really, because I like the passives, one skill or whatever. It really doesn't affect my performance or play-style much. Their wide array of class skills and AoE, makes weapon choice sort of irrelevant. Which of course offers more enjoyable builds to tweak and mess around with.

Sorcerers also have the worse class skill line in the game, Daedric Summoning. Half the skills are toggles. They costs 2 slots to use and they're so *** they aren't even worth one. But maybe Storm Calling (being one if the best lines), makes up for it.

Wow. I have never used a lightning staff and my level VR5 Vampire Witch uses nothing but a Destruction Staff, well now she's leveling a resto staff too. Fire all the way. You need to understand that the fire staff and fire stuff in general sets things on fire. As your ability to do that increases it gets very powerful. Your chance for a bit more hit mean very little compared to the DoT fire damage. That has a critical chance for every time it goes off. They add up. A fire staff spamming Impulse is delicious and generates howls of OP all over ... as it should. Perhaps the best non Ultimate AoE in the game.

The pure class skills of a sorc are all you need. My VR5 single target bar allows complete execution off anything less than 10,000 hp in a few seconds with no weapon skills at all. Shards then Fury. So simple.

You want a pet out front, they can be very useful, costs you a slot. If you are flying both ... well you get what you pay for. ;) Big Sparky is the best single target Ultimate in the game. Storm Calling is the least powerful line. Very useful but only Fury as a finisher is exceptional.

Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on September 9, 2014 10:16PM
    Options
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »
    Not sure if this is serious, but anways,
    Dragon knights are able to reflect all our spells except daedric curse and the horrid AOEs we get which can be avoided by walking around them.
    Mage's wrath (minus the explosion)
    Night blades do more damage by spamming funnel health
    Hardened ward
    Our Spells suck only last 3 seconds.
    Then spam more spells.
    No Radius unless you take lightning flood and the damage sucks on it anyways.
    Critical surge and Impulse
    Every other class gets a instant high damage ability that can be spammed except sorcerers.
    Critical surge and crushing shock
    And why can't i summon a unicorn or something?

Pointing out the obvious...
    Hardened Ward isn't sorc
    Impulse isn't sorc
    Crushing Shock isn't sorc.

Of course, that could lead the the argument that the other classes are inferior, as they have a class skill wasted on something everybody can do if they just equip the proper staff.

Achievements Suck
    Options
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GnatB wrote: »
    Hardened Ward isn't sorc
    Maybe you're too busy spamming your 1k shield that you've forgotten its name? ;)
    Options
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Sorcerer is pathetic.

Really?

Dragon knights are able to reflect all our spells except daedric curse.

Endless fury spam.
    Night blades do more damage by spamming funnel health, we still have a entire tree that's useless in pvp. Every other class gets a instant high damage ability that can be spammed except sorcerers

And what about sorcerer's who spam crystal frag proc with crushing shock? I can easily crushing shock > frag (if it procs which it does very often) and repeat. This easily melts people in a matter of seconds. There's also volatile familiar which is constantly spammed, explodes twices and gives you 15%? max magicka back every time it explodes..

Why can't I have infinite invisibility on my nightblade?

Why don't we get mass AOE spells that are actually relevant in damage??? Mage guards get a lightning flood that last for 10 seconds has 3 times the size of our lightning flood and does 5 times the amoutn of damage.
    Well you do have impulse. Also that's like saying why don't sorcs have the same hp as mage guards?

No self heals? What about critical surge?

No fears? Well that's because it's a unique ability for nightblades. That's like saying why don't I have streak or fragmented shield on my nightblade?

Invisibility? Same as above, these are unique abilities you should be able to understand that..

Templars and nightblades don't have a mass CC either, pretty sure it was supposed to be unique for DKs. You can't really complain when you have streak... To be honest even if it wasn't "intended" to be used that way, it's still available for you to use so use it! Simple. And it doesn't cost a ton of mana, if you know how to manage your resources you shouldn't have a problem.
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
    Options
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously OP doesn't know how to play a sorc. You can stack 3 shields for like 3k and get near full heal from it. Combo crushing shock with frags. Sorcs can hit you with 2k+ damage in a second if you know how to actually play. Maybe go watch videos on YouTube of how sorcs are supposed to play.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more thing. You have to have spell regeneration pretty well softcapped. Have to! A sorc needs to be able to lay it down hard for a long time and resources are critical. As everything scales off max, your max magic must be as high as you can get it, I always have food, Consummate Sweetrolls these days, and that can make the difference in a fight.

My VR5 NB son can do amazing amounts of damage really fast but then it falls off fast and he needs to be able to disapear. My Witch can pound stuff for a long time. Crushing Shock fed by a huge, rapidly replenished pool of magic is a beastly thing. Endless, well nearly, Shards, well Fragments I guess, along with the passive that makes it last longer, keeps the poor miniboss on the ground. Nailed down, for my pleasure. ;)
    Options
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »
    GnatB wrote: »
    Hardened Ward isn't sorc
    Maybe you're too busy spamming your 1k shield that you've forgotten its name? ;)

*shrug* you're right, for some reason I was thinking that was the resto staff shield (healing ward, which like funnel, actually heals). I don't actually have a sorc high enough level to have the sorc one yet.

Edited by GnatB on September 10, 2014 12:04AM
    Achievements Suck
    Options
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    The lengths people will go to just to get a "lol" badge on the eso forums.
    Options
  • Lorgend
    Lorgend
    ✭✭
    When, Zenimax are you going to address the destruction staff uselessness frost tree? Frost heavy snares 1 target for 40% seconds? Really 3.5 seconds is useless. Lightning heavy does 15% splash damage 2 to nearby targets? So it does 10 damage for 3 ticks to 2 additional damage for a total whopping 30 DAMAGE? Is this the best you guys could come up with? Why doesn't frost sap stamina? Why doesn't lightning do more damage and why aren't all shock based spells instant when going towards target?

The Sorcerer is pathetic. Dragon knights are able to reflect all our spells except daedric curse and the horrid AOEs we get which can be avoided by walking around them. Night blades do more damage by spamming funnel health, we still have a entire tree that's useless in pvp. Our Spells suck only last 3 seconds. ( Lightning SPLASH ) No Radius unless you take lightning flood and the damage sucks on it anyways. Why aren't we able to shoot fire and frost out of our hands? Every other class gets a instant high damage ability that can be spammed except sorcerers. Why can't we summon the daedra we want? Why don't we get mass AOE spells that are actually relevant in damage??? Mage guards get a lightning flood that last for 10 seconds has 3 times the size of our lightning flood and does 5 times the amoutn of damage.

are you serious now? you are whining about sorcerers? and about their pvp? i can tell you i am a dk and i was in cyrodil with a templar healer and 2 nightblades and we got OWNED by a SINGLE sorcerer. 4vs1 with healer and 2 assassins and still he killed us all while we couldnt lower his life below 50%. stop joking man posts like this are not fun you know......
    Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Encase - almost never works in PVP, and gives CC immunity to everyone. Has a short range and it never feels like it stops anything. Unstoppable potions, immovable and purge are 3 easy answers to it. If you are close enough to enemies to use Encase you have more important priorities.

Oh, and I dare you to encase a zergball of 14 players ;)

Rune Prison - is great for silencing Mage NPC's in PVP. Otherwise, people just break CC and are CC immune onwards and you would have been better off using its casting time for something else, like Volcanic Rune.

Frost AEs - have one benefit, very few spec against it. Everyone specs against Fire. The snare is also usually a non-issue. So you make 1/2 a zergball move a little bit slower and they continue moving at the same speed.

Impulse - is pretty much your go-to if you are up close. Kudos to any form of mitigation you can combo it with. Critical Surge is a must. Encase if you want but what will you do, run away? They will light attack weave + snipe at you. Stay close? They will stun you forever.

Wall of Elements - if you stand on a wall facing the breach and cast it, the spell AOE will hit the floor and that is kinda fun. Overall, you are better with Caltrops or Volcanic Rune.

Many of the Sorcerer abilities either never work because of CC immunity, wonkyness in the spell having no effect, or because of the AOE cap. Sorcerers are still good, yet there is little we can do against high speed nightblade vamps and snipe weaving. My experience is that Sorcerer is fun and easy to play which is why it became so popular.

There is a reason most sorcerers either use the same build or one not much different from it; because the other abilities as you experiment with them you learn don't kill anyone or keep you alive. There are a lot of fun PVE abilities for the Sorcerer; but expect most pvp sorcs to run a similar build. If the other abilities were as good, there would be more diversity. I will just use what I have learned works from trial and error and if most other Sorcs use it too, it reinforces my beliefs.

PVP

1.Inner Light, Critical Surge, Crystal Fragments, Crushing Shock, Pulsar.
    2.Inner Light, Dampen Magicka, Volcanic Rune, Caltrops, Siege Shield.

U: Suppression Field or Replenishing Barrier. We almost always need one or the other up, so having one is an asset. Having anything else means not having second barrier or third negate.

Sometimes, I swap out Caltrops and Siege Shield for Rune Prison (Tower Mages) and Siege Shield for Blessing of Restoration (To help group defend against Zergs). Sometimes I sweap out Siege Shield for Silver Bolts if there are a lot of Vamps around.

My hope is that Zenimax can correct the situation with buffs to every class, not nerfs.

1. Every passive ability for each Class Line should work across the board with everything; at minimum everything within its own skill line. Nothing is more unfun or weak than a passive that only impacts 2 skills or 3 skills.

2. Stamina Flood - a copy of Magicka Flood, should be added to one set of Gear that serves a warriors alternative to the Warlock Set.

There, now everybody has the same access to the same power, and the only fixes needed are implementing poison and fixing broken abilities that don't have any effect. The other classes are finally starting to shine and their OP abilities are coming to light. As more sorcerers find other classes to try, we find problems within those classes that Sorcerers are blessed not to have.

What makes a Sorcerer good:

Most of our general passives work even if they aren't great.
    Most of our passives impact more than 2 skills.
    Most of our Cost Reductions are consistent with Magicka Use.
    Most of our abilities are consistent with each other.
    We can use Hardened Ward and Healing Ward which is incredible mitigation.
    As above, I am not aware of any abilities that overcome Damage Mitigation.

Edited by Soloeus on September 10, 2014 1:34AM

Within; Without.
    Options
  • aronothub17_ESO
    aronothub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I found it funny that he mentions no self heals. while there are no direct self heal the sorc has an amazing heal ability if you take the morph for surge. i mean while i dont pvp much in groups my sorc does amazing pve damage and has amazing self healing. and i use several of your complaints. at level 40 was in a group where we were just farming the never ending spawn of skeletons for the achieve, and i managed in about a half hour time window to do over 4 mil damage with just about 2 million in healing. that was using lightning flood and elemental barricade in tandem with crit surge for keeping me alive. at that level i was hammering 1k dps sure thats AE dps, but still thats far from sucking at such a low level. crit surge heals you for 60% damage done on a crit, while i agree that is basically their only healing ability, unless you want to take dark magic which completely goes against my character story, and that kind of sucks as its a morph making it pretty much a requirement if you intend to solo at all it is still a nice heal. couple that with bound armor for survivability and weapon dmg as well as inner light for increased crit you do some pretty good AE dmg.

besides that sorcs are the only class with pets and, aside from sunshield from templar, the only class that has a really good bubble.

I do agree though that sorcerers are kind of bland when you compare them to other classes. the pets imo are weak, mine do noting but die in one hit. dark magic has like 1 actual damage spell the rest is all cc type and storm calling is well probably the only real viable tree of the three, but even then, when you compare the usable spells of other classes there does seem to be far less in the sorc line.

the only ultimate i find truly useful from sorc as well is atronach. negate magic only works on trash, and forget what the other is called well that one only works if you are using sorc abilities as anytime you use an ability from another line it turns it off.

The only thing that i say is the biggest drawback to the sorc is they have virtually no sustainable single target dps, unless of course you want to spam crystal whatever. which sucks for boss fights. so sorc usefulness is really only for fighting trash which always comes in massive groups after that well, they seem kinda useless.
    Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing all four classes to V1+ (three to V12, but my NB is still only V1) I think the sorc is overpowered in some areas of PVP and under powered in others.

Has the OP tried the other classes? Each class has some useless skills and large balance differences between PVP and PVE

Sorc are still the best in PVE and wanted for trials, and they USED to be overpowered in PVP (when they where using vamp skills).

ESO keeps trying to balance things so the line keeps changing. Templars used to suck in PVP, now they are good, but that will change in patch 1.42
    Edited by Natjur on September 10, 2014 4:41AM
    Options
  • Draxuul
    Draxuul
    ✭✭✭
    Kudos to Zenimax for putting up with all those fail players who rather blame their own failures on Zenimax rather then on themselves. Here i`m reffering to the one who posted the OP only, i haven`t read any of the replies yet.

There are people ranting about every classes on these forums and all those people are claiming that the other classes are better than their own. Yet there are people who rock with all of those classes .

There is only one conclusion that makes sense here. Those who keep ranting just want their characters to do all the work for them. They don`t want to use their heads on the battlefield at all , they just want to press buttons and see stuff die and get loot.

Me ZAP YOU, ME ZAP YOU AGAIN, ME ZAP ZAP ZAP, OH ME DIES, ME GO RANT ON FORUMS.
    Be who you want to be , do what you want to do, play the way you want to play.

The Prophet once said :``There is no perfect choice , there are only other choices. ``

Same goes for your build. There is no perfect build, there are only other builds.

My name is Draxuul and i approve this message .

Options
  • dennis.schmelzleb16_ESO
    I have sorc/nb/dk in veteran ranks and sorc is the one I like most.

There are only three things I would like to see for my sorc.
    1. A magical hard hitting meele attack (like the touches you have in every other TES game, I know destro staff, but it should be for playing a meele sorc)
    2. A selfheal that doesnt rely on crits or is a.channel and drains stamina (also for meele build sorc and sometimes even as range)
    3. A classical fireball. AoE on target
    Options
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soloeus wrote: »
    Encase - almost never works in PVP, and gives CC immunity to everyone. Has a short range and it never feels like it stops anything. Unstoppable potions, immovable and purge are 3 easy answers to it. If you are close enough to enemies to use Encase you have more important priorities.

Oh, and I dare you to encase a zergball of 14 players ;)

I disagree. My raid leader uses it and stops people from spreading out when we come and nuke them. It's really effective against pugs, as the majority won't use any of the three things you listed xD. When we go up against other organized groups especially the ones we recognize he's not prone to use it as much, he might at the beginning and that'll be it.

Also 14? You hardly need encase for that, but it wouldn't be hard to do.
    Soloeus wrote: »
    There is a reason most sorcerers either use the same build or one not much different from it; because the other abilities as you experiment with them you learn don't kill anyone or keep you alive. There are a lot of fun PVE abilities for the Sorcerer; but expect most pvp sorcs to run a similar build. If the other abilities were as good, there would be more diversity. I will just use what I have learned works from trial and error and if most other Sorcs use it too, it reinforces my beliefs.

PVP

1.Inner Light, Critical Surge, Crystal Fragments, Crushing Shock, Pulsar.
    2.Inner Light, Dampen Magicka, Volcanic Rune, Caltrops, Siege Shield.

U: Suppression Field or Replenishing Barrier. We almost always need one or the other up, so having one is an asset. Having anything else means not having second barrier or third negate.

Sometimes, I swap out Caltrops and Siege Shield for Rune Prison (Tower Mages) and Siege Shield for Blessing of Restoration (To help group defend against Zergs). Sometimes I sweap out Siege Shield for Silver Bolts if there are a lot of Vamps around.
    on.

Dampen magicka over harness? Harness is really really good, it's what I see 90% of the sorcs using, at least the ones that streak forever.

Also that 2nd bar is giving so much health and magicka back to whoever is dropping Absorption Field. Which in turns means I have enough to keep streaking back and forth dropping more and more negates.

I honestly don't see why people choose Suppression over Absorption.
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorgend wrote: »
    are you serious now? you are whining about sorcerers? and about their pvp? i can tell you i am a dk and i was in cyrodil with a templar healer and 2 nightblades and we got OWNED by a SINGLE sorcerer. 4vs1 with healer and 2 assassins and still he killed us all while we couldnt lower his life below 50%. stop joking man posts like this are not fun you know......

You'll do better next time. :)

Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Coming from someone with a v12 DK and a v12 Sorc, I'd say the OP is grossly underestimating his class. It's very very powerful.

I dunno why you guys complain about the Sorc's AoE, Lighting Splash is brilliant for both PvE and group PvP. Sure it's not Sap Essence, but hey. I love the synergy when I play with another DK next to me. He'll Talon, I'll Splash, we'll activate each others synergies and that's ~1.3k AoE in just 2 secs with minimal magicka cost to both :)

What I'd like is 2 fixes and 1 improvement:
    1) Mage's Fury explosion gets reflected back at you. Sort that crap out ZOS, an explosion is not a projectile
    2) Volatile Familiar still hasn't been fixed. It occasionally explodes twice and for that reason ZOS cut it's damage by 40% instead of fixing it. If you can't make it bug you just have to accept the decreased dmg.
    3) Daedric Curse

Daedric Curse needs a PvE and a PVP morph.
    The PvE morph can be a strong DoT which a small explosion at the end. A DoT is what is actually missing from the class and not AoE. Ult-generation is very important in end game PvE and the lack of a single DoT skill shows a lot on the Sorc. The damage for this morph would have to be comparable to other DoTs like Vampires Bane, Unstable Flame or Crippling Grasp. Also no more of this "only 1 curse active at a time" rubbish. What other skill has that limitation? The other classes don't have to worry about overwriting each other's DoTs do they?

The PvP morph would do less damage than the skill currently does by about 15%-20% but pulse only once and explode within 1" of hitting the target. It would be a similar skill to Swallow Soul in damage doing mid-400s instead of the current mid-500s, but the fast explosion would allow for much higher DPS. That would also give Sorcs a skill that actually works against a DKs Reflective Scales seen as they are the class that gets almost completely negated by one DK skill.
    Edited by Maulkin on September 10, 2014 8:19AM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP gets a +1 LOL

Really? QQ More. Sorc is badass... You are so flat out wrong and in Left Field on this it astounds.

Oh and frost is really quite useful if CC is your play style. I had a great deal of fun with it even in PvP, although switched to fire. Frost is cool but doesn't compete with the 50% damage bonus to vamps IMO.
    Options
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Lorgend wrote: »

You died as a DK? vs 1 guy [snip] DK are able to tank entire groups of people by spamming dragonsblood. and using the damage cap ult.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_SandraF on September 10, 2014 10:41PM
    Options
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    The Sorcerer is pathetic.

Really?

Dragon knights are able to reflect all our spells except daedric curse.

Endless fury spam.

this is a joke right? that will not work on templars/ night blades Dragonknights who have a shred of intelligence in pvp.
    Night blades do more damage by spamming funnel health, we still have a entire tree that's useless in pvp. Every other class gets a instant high damage ability that can be spammed except sorcerers

And what about sorcerer's who spam crystal frag proc with crushing shock? I can easily crushing shock > frag (if it procs which it does very often) and repeat. This easily melts people in a matter of seconds. There's also volatile familiar which is constantly spammed, explodes twices and gives you 15%? max magicka back every time it explodes..

Why can't I have infinite invisibility on my nightblade?

you spam it and you do.

Why don't we get mass AOE spells that are actually relevant in damage??? Mage guards get a lightning flood that last for 10 seconds has 3 times the size of our lightning flood and does 5 times the amoutn of damage.
    Well you do have impulse. Also that's like saying why don't sorcs have the same hp as mage guards?

impulse isnt a sorc ability.

No self heals? What about critical surge?

this is a morph that relies on crits and it is a passive not a active self heal.

No fears? Well that's because it's a unique ability for nightblades. That's like saying why don't I have streak or fragmented shield on my nightblade?

Invisibility? Same as above, these are unique abilities you should be able to understand that..

Templars and nightblades don't have a mass CC either, pretty sure it was supposed to be unique for DKs. You can't really complain when you have streak... To be honest even if it wasn't "intended" to be used that way, it's still available for you to use so use it! Simple. And it doesn't cost a ton of mana, if you know how to manage your resources you shouldn't have a problem.
    templars are mass aoe healing class with self heals that can sustain them through oblivion.

Night roll dodge evasion invis blades cant even be hit half the time and they continue to vanish.

Options