The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

need gold for horse

oldspook619
oldspook619
✭✭
Getting gold is so slow, is there a fast way to make gold in Deshaan? I am a level 18 Nightblade archer.

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A horse is a privilege, not a necessity. Just do your quests and you'll get there.
    That's how they make you have a feeling of achieving something.
  • oldspook619
    oldspook619
    ✭✭
    All the gold I get from quests, I spend on repairs. Seeing almost every other player with horses makes me want one, I'm sure I would have more fun.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 20ish sounds about right unless you spent the extra coin for the imperial edition, which comes with a free horse (well, 1g is almost free).

Sell all your white loot gear since by now it should be pretty much useless for deconstructing anyways. Join a trading guild or two and sell your duplicate recipes and mats you don't need.

You should be able to save the money for a basic horse pretty quickly that way.
    ;-)
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    A horse is a privilege, not a necessity. Just do your quests and you'll get there.
    That's how they make you have a feeling of achieving something.
    Actually of course, many people go their first mount exploiting the game horribly until ZOS belatedly closed the exploits down like the 200k gold/hour one .. not sure many early horse owners achieved anything.

Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on September 9, 2014 6:38AM
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine and harvest, then sell the unprocessed materials @15-20 gold per unit. Alchemy and enchanting mats go for about 50 a piece, colored runes for way more, purples for 1~3k, yellows about 5k.

Check guild traders to get actual prices, but be sure to look at quite a few as prices differ. So a bit of farming and some luck can net you a horse, the expensive one even, in almost no time. (At least faster than quest rewards and vendor loot)
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it that gold is the only requirement for the horses. That way there are no silly level requirements or "training" to do, only gold. Which allows you to buy a mount for an alt right away when you are "done" with your main. Keep selling those white loots, make sure to never deconstruct ornate stuff (sell it), sell all raw materials to other players and join a trading guild :)
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Getting gold is so slow, is there a fast way to make gold in Deshaan? I am a level 18 Nightblade archer.

I was much higher level before I could afford a horse, mind I found once I got one character with a horse, the others soon got one too.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ssfiit
    ssfiit
    ✭✭✭
    A horse is definitely not necessary for normal everyday gameplay. Unless you PVP, the map is so big, getting around takes a long while. There's so many places to go. If you were doing something or questing somewhere, and you died, it will take a while to get back to the location you were at. I recommend you skip the 17k horse (no base stats) and save up for the 42k horse (with base stats). So in addition to the base stats, every 20 hour you can feed the horse to raise it.
    ssfiit | VR14 | High Elf Vampire Pyro-Sorceress | Aldmeri Dominion | NA Server
  • oldspook619
    oldspook619
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have a recomendation for a trading guild?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoneWolfHelp is one that has a decent Guild Store and a decent population. I think they are trying to get a Kiosk for the next round.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which server?

• oldspook619
    oldspook619
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Which server?
    North American PC server

• oldspook619
    oldspook619
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    LoneWolfHelp is one that has a decent Guild Store and a decent population. I think they are trying to get a Kiosk for the next round.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Which server?
    North American PC server
    Too bad. If you were on EU, I could recommend you one or two.

• cuz_mike200
    cuz_mike200
    ✭✭✭
    Do grinding and dungeons. You get good xp and get a lot of items. The items you don't deconstruct or simply don't use it, just sell to a vendor, but if it is good quality and has good traits and enchantments, sell to a fellow guild member or on zone chat
  • Wuggums47
    Wuggums47
    ✭✭
    All the gold I get from quests, I spend on repairs. Seeing almost every other player with horses makes me want one, I'm sure I would have more fun.

Don't repair gear at low levels, just craft new ones or get them from quests.
  • Laerania_ESO
    Laerania_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    According to angry Joe you can always kill 17k skeletons or enjoy the running simulator.