Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Teach me how to dps

Parsifal
Parsifal
✭✭
I almost exclusively heal in this game, but I would like to learn how to dps so that I can start filling that role as needed also. I read some stuff in forums that said that the best dps rotation for a Templar is to use vampire's bane, blazing spear, and then dark flare 3x and repeat. The person said that this can achieve over 1k dps, but when I do it I'm only able to get around 300 dps (maybe 400 tops if the fight doesn't involve any moving or monsters stunning me).

I'm only V10 now and not in the greatest gear, but I don't think that 2 vet ranks and 15 weapon power will make up 700 dps! Does anyone have any advice for me?
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crushing Shock + Light attack. + Flawless Dawnbreaker

this even works for Templar. you will probably end up doing this with the occasional Vampires Bane if you actually get in for DPS... if you do this you should have no problem with DPS anyways.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    Blazing Spears alone can reach around 900 dps if spammed. If your'e wanting to use just Templar dps abilities I would suggest...
    • Biting Jabs (This is our Execute, don't spam it before low HP)
    • Vampires Bane
    • Burning Light
    • Blazing Spears
    • Inner Light
    • Flawless Dawnbreaker (Fighters Guild Ultimate)

You would need to weave a light attack into every ability, but you should see some nice numbers especially in a group. The Idea is to Softcap Spell damage, and maximize spell crit.

Also you would be wearing..
    • 7pc Light Armor
    • Restoration Staff (w/crit)
    • Magica Jewelry (w/spell damage enchants)

Also don't forget your passives!
    Restoration skill line has the +10% damage dealt @ 100% hp (self explanatory)
    Edited by Anjelicus on September 8, 2014 4:25PM
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    900 dps with blazing speer only ? and also over longer time? I would very much llike to see that.

also why flawless dawnbreaker? u dont have any skill which scales with weapon dmg as far as i can see.

I am also very unsatisfied with my trial dps output with the biggest problem beeing sustain. If I go with templar skills only so I can fully use my spell dmg (which is softcapped) then i can produce highest dps with jabs+reflective light but thats also melee ranged which is not allways possible.

So I tried for destro stuff with shock+reflective light as maincasts but also nothing amazing happening there..no comparison to the other 3 classes -.- especially when i see how easily some get to 1.3k+

and google gives me crap about a templer dps guide so if anyone could help me out here would be nice :)
  • Parsifal
    Parsifal
    ✭✭
    Anjelicus wrote: »
    Blazing Spears alone can reach around 900 dps if spammed. If your'e wanting to use just Templar dps abilities I would suggest...

I don't see how that would be possible, just based on the numbers. The skill takes around a second to cast and only does 250 damage, and the DoT doesn't stack. So even if you spammed it with unlimited magicka and every hit was a crit, I don't see how it would be able to get close to 900 dps, unless aoeing a big group of monsters.
    • Anjelicus
      Anjelicus
      ✭✭✭
      Flawless dawnbreaker adds 13% weapon damage while slotted. You would have thus on your single target bar, and solar prison on your off bar, you never activate dawnbreaker it is only for passive dps boost. I can explain more when I get home... typing on the phone sucks lol
      Vokundein
      Guild Twitch Live Stream
      Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    • Anjelicus
      Anjelicus
      ✭✭✭
      @Parsifal‌ you weave a light attack in to every cast, that add about another 250 dps
      Vokundein
      Guild Twitch Live Stream
      Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    • Mantic0r3
      Mantic0r3
      ✭✭✭
      Anjelicus wrote: »
      Flawless dawnbreaker adds 13% weapon damage while slotted. You would have thus on your single target bar, and solar prison on your off bar, you never activate dawnbreaker it is only for passive dps boost. I can explain more when I get home... typing on the phone sucks lol

13% weapon dmg with 0 skills using weapon dmg is kinda useless mmh?
      also 250dps with light atks?
      still no proof of anything you claim...
    • schroed360
      schroed360
      ✭✭✭
      Crushing Shock + Light attack. + Flawless Dawnbreaker

this even works for Templar. you will probably end up doing this with the occasional Vampires Bane if you actually get in for DPS... if you do this you should have no problem with DPS anyways.

I ll say this +elemental drain is a good start . Like you I have a lot of difficulty to really improve my dps . And without being optimized in this one(weapon power )I have better result than with my previous build (based on class skill )...