The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mud Crab Meat Mystery

sokol42
sokol42
✭✭
It's found in boxes, barrels, bags, backpacks, crates, and cabinets all over Tamriel. What's the one place it's not found? Mud Crabs. Kill as many as you like, you'll not get one piece of meat, unless you have a quest. So where is all that mud crab meat coming from if not from mud crabs? What's more plentiful than mud crabs in Tamriel? People. Mud crab meat is people, it's people.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my. I did not expect this conclusion.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bosmer are surprised it took people this long to figure it out.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hannibal Lecter approves.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it called "Spam meat" in our world?
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Sigilspear
    Sigilspear
    ✭✭
    I always assumed that Aged Meat was people. It is an Aldmeri ingredient.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually, considering that mud crabs are so busy dropping two handed axes, light armor robes, and shields... I dare say there isn't any room inside their shells for meat anyway... ;)
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The soylent green of ESO
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a similar thread in crafting about venison.

Just accept it and move on, there are better things to be annoyed about.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • sokol42
    sokol42
    ✭✭

Alex, google Curragraigue's post and you will discover the true inspiration for this post, and, if you're lucky, perhaps a sense of humor as well. :D
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sokol42 wrote: »

Alex, google Curragraigue's post and you will discover the true inspiration for this post, and, if you're lucky, perhaps a sense of humor as well. :D

I do have a sense of humour, just been off humour form that past couple of days. Some days I'm so funny, other days you have to hit me over the head with it. It happens to us all as we get older less young.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's found in boxes, barrels, bags, backpacks, crates, and cabinets all over Tamriel. What's the one place it's not found? Mud Crabs. Kill as many as you like, you'll not get one piece of meat, unless you have a quest. So where is all that mud crab meat coming from if not from mud crabs? What's more plentiful than mud crabs in Tamriel? People. Mud crab meat is people, it's people.

I wonder about that, too ;)
    Also, it's a bit similar with ingredients like oats and tomatoes which you ONLY can recieve from a hireling every once in a while (like about every "fullmoon", when lucky). The question is the same: where does HE get these while we as the players can't find them anywhere in the game?
    I wish they would, at least, be rare and hard to find like pepper, then it would make more sense, plus certain purple recipes would be actually useful..

Edit: I forgot something^^
    Remember Skyrim (the game) with all the apples, but no apple trees? ;) For this, I've found a small but very nice mod which puts a few apple trees in the game (near the Honningbrew Meadery and in Riverwood). Unfortunately we can't mod ESO like this^^
    Edited by Moonshadow66 on September 6, 2014 5:06PM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raygee wrote: »
    Remember Skyrim (the game) with all the apples, but no apple trees? ;) For this, I've found a small but very nice mod which puts a few apple trees in the game (near the Honningbrew Meadery and in Riverwood). Unfortunately we can't mod ESO like this^^
    This is easy to explain though, they could be imported. Judging by the quantity they must be the cornerstone of trade. What's surprising is that Skyrim has no cider (but there's a mod for that too ;))
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Raygee wrote: »
    This is easy to explain though, they could be imported. Judging by the quantity they must be the cornerstone of trade. What's surprising is that Skyrim has no cider (but there's a mod for that too ;))

Ok, good point^^ And I'll check for the other mod, I don't know it yet, thanks :)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's found in boxes, barrels, bags, backpacks, crates, and cabinets all over Tamriel. What's the one place it's not found? Mud Crabs.

@sokol42‌, alas, you cannot get bear haunch from bear.

You cannot find Beef anywhere near a cow.

And lastly, you cannot find goat meat where thousands of goats roam free.

You can, however, find pickles in wardrobe closets though.

Go figure.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fishy Sticks recipe doesn't call for any fish either. They're all made from the same mystery meat as chicken mcnuggets.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on September 8, 2014 7:02PM
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Fishy Sticks recipe doesn't call for any fish either. They're all made from the same mystery meat as chicken mcnuggets.

I have not found the Chicken Mcnuggets, Enriched Chicken Mcnuggets or Consummate Chicken Mcnuggets recipes, what zones can they be found in?
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair, when you buy crab meat at the store it probably doesn't contain any actual crab either.

Also I do recall looting a few bear haunches from bears before, but that's like 2 total out of a couple hundred bears killed.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this isn't really a problem.

I killed a Mudcrab and got Leather instead of some kind of shell. And everything I cook is a perfect copy of the recipe but in RL, cooking has degrees of fail and awesome.

Within; Without.
  • Yam_of_the_Center
    Yam_of_the_Center
    ✭✭✭
    Make Room! Make Room!
    He will bring life to the dead, hope to the living, and for him the Gate will open.
    The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the finest Elder Scrolls resource around!
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 100 for 900g. I thought it was an amazing deal.

There are some smokin' deals at the Guild Traders. Bought Taderis at 400g each, Donatas at 5 for 1000g, I could go on.

I do spend time comparing prices and know where some great vendors are.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually found some pretty good deals at the traders in Khenarthi's Roost. 20 onions for 300g and 20 potatoes for 300g, for instance. 15g each is pretty unheard of at guild traders, usually you see at least twice that price if not more.

So I would say it's totally worth going to those out of the way guild traders, most of them still have a decent stock of items.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭

Oh, Brilliant, Brilliant. Thank you. Soylent Green is mudcrabs!
  • Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    It's found in boxes, barrels, bags, backpacks, crates, and cabinets all over Tamriel. What's the one place it's not found? Mud Crabs.

Go figure.

Well, people keep very personal things in closets, you know...
  • sokol42
    sokol42
    ✭✭

Go figure.

I dunno if you want to put a pickle you found in someone wardrobe in your mouth....
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, Brilliant, Brilliant. Thank you. Soylent Green is mudcrabs!

I want a skill only fully leveled Provisioners that are also fully leveled Dark Brotherhood can use. Making mudcrab meat from fresh corpses. YES!