The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Returning Player: Fungal Grotto Difficulty

Gulvar
Gulvar
✭✭
Greetings,

Has Fungal Grotto been changed recently? I see the queue range as 5-10 but there was a lot of incoming damage to the mid-teens group I was in a few weeks after launch. I realize that was near launch but they were still upwards of ten levels higher than 5.

I ask because I'm AD and want to practice tanking in dungeons while they're still challenging. I don't want to just queue and waste people's time if I'm too low. It's also difficult to find factual information about things in ESO. It appears that I can queue for dungeons as a level higher than their stated queue range but I just find posts filled with people bickering about what that cutoff actually is. And again, I don't want to be so much higher that I learn little to nothing from plowing through it.

Thanks.
  • Gulvar
    Gulvar
    ✭✭
    I guess I partially answered my own question. I teleported to FG and to my surprise it put me in the dungeon by myself. That's pretty nice. I take it people can solo old dungeons and do the quests they missed by themselves?

I suppose I'll just put together my own group if the grouping tool becomes more trouble than it's worth.
    Edited by Gulvar on September 5, 2014 5:05PM
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Origonal or Vet?

Vet has been heavily weakened, or at least it feels that way now that i do trials on a regular basis.

actually i take it back.. i have no idea... it felt really easy to me when i last did it but i have no idea if they have actually changed it.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Origonal or Vet?

Vet has been heavily weakened, or at least it feels that way now that i do trials on a regular basis.

actually i take it back.. i have no idea... it felt really easy to me when i last did it but i have no idea if they have actually changed it.
    I don't think vet has been nerfed. You've just gotten that much better, yes;) Be proud. I know the feeling. Just take some inexperienced PUG in there to realize it's still same old Fungal, which is good:P They did tweak some things(or break them, unsure which), but I don't think it made it much easier.

That said, I'm pretty sure OP is talking about non vet. About which I, tbh, have no idea. I think it's somewhere around lvl 12? I've never used group finding tool, back when I didn't have a steady group to run with I asked in zone chat. Probably easier if you do the same - either look for group straight in zone chat or ask what lvl the dungeon is, someone is bound to answer.