The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Friend wants to be a healer, need tips pls.

AreoHotah
AreoHotah
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone. Ok so i convinced a friend of mine to join me in this awesome game and he wants to be a healer and since ive been playing a dual wield nb since day 1 i cant help him much. If any of you healers out there can give me some tips i will greatly appreciate it. Tips relating armor, weapon, skills and such. We will mostly play pve for now. Thank you and cheers
Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a ton of experience with healing but mine is a Nightblade. Siphoning line for the heals and resto staff. Stacked Magicka by way of enchantments on gear, light armor for the Magicka buffs and get Mage's Guild skill: Magelight.

I'm sure others can help further.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pure Healer? Or, just someone who can heal (others or themselves) as needed?

If the second, then have them build up another weapon until Level 15 when they get Weapon Swap, then build up the Restoration Staff. I think you get some skills with the Templar line that allows heals without the Resto Staff, but not sure on that.

Problem with going the Restoration Staff route from the get go, is there are no offensive capabilities with that staff other than squirting damage spells out the top of it. They would need to have a group or someone else with them during the early levels to stay alive. Or, they can use the Templar Skills, if I am remembering that skill line right. I have not rolled a Templar yet so not that familiar with it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Grayaxeb14_ESO
    Nestor you are correct, templars have a dedicated healing skill line.
    Personally I would say play a Templar if he's wanting to play a healer. I'm bias though as that's exactly what I play.
    Templar pros and cons;
    Pros
    - A dedicated healing line, with the best oh crap heal there is.
    - Great survivability.
    - Decent support type skills.
    - Puncturing Sweeps/Biting Jabs (great trash killing skill)
    Cons
    -Very poor magicka management.
    -Subpar dps.
    -Ultimate cost to function ratio is poor.
    -Will often be over looked for groups in favor for another class.

Armor: All light for doing group scenarios. Wear some of all armor while leveling to keep it leveled.
    Weapons: Restoration Staff for sure (the first three skills in the line are quite good) After that I like one hand and shield. They should use what appeals to them most though.
    Templars might be one of the harder classes to level, it's a class where the player really needs to pay attention and use a variety of skills.
    There is no I win button for templars but in the right hands they can be devastating damage dealers, masterful healers and resilient tanks.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no I win button for templars but in the right hands they can be devastating damage dealers, masterful healers and resilient tanks.

I have watched Templars cleaning the floor in Coldharbor and VR Zones, so at least in the higher levels they are quite devastating.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, ty all.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]