The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should Magelight take 2 skill slots?

• Two-Dogs
    Two-Dogs
    ✭✭✭
    Magelight should have to be slotted twice.
    There is no such thing as the, 'epistemological method'.

Sure, there's epistemology and yes, we can use the word epistemology as an adjective and no, there is no such thing as the epistemological method.

I'm a fan of the study of knowledge and I study knowledge transfer systems and my god, does it look like you are using a word out of context in order to impress.

Magelight - in it's current form, is a great investment for a skill slot. Should we choose to invest twice, in both our weapon loadouts, then we should pay the price, twice.

Edited by Two-Dogs on September 15, 2014 12:12AM
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    I'd like all toggle skills to be able to use just one slot and be useful.

Then you completely misunderstand the concept behind why they require a slot on both bars. What you want does not equate logical balance.

This is a pointless thread anyway. Those wanting a toggle abilities to only require one slot when swapping weapons are clueless about the mechanics and the balancing behind them. Perhaps some may actually learn this reading through this thread but it is obvious will remain eternally clueless.
    Edited by Tamanous on September 15, 2014 1:06AM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magelight should only have to be slotted once, not twice.
    Two-Dogs wrote: »
    There is no such thing as the, 'epistemological method'.

Sure, there's epistemology and yes, we can use the word epistemology as an adjective and no, there is no such thing as the epistemological method.

I'm a fan of the study of knowledge and I study knowledge transfer systems and my god, does it look like you are using a word out of context in order to impress.

Magelight - in it's current form, is a great investment for a skill slot. Should we choose to invest twice, in both our weapon loadouts, then we should pay the price, twice.

There is no single adjective "epistemological method" there are two adjectives "epistemological" and "method". The only reason why there is no listing as "epistemological method" is that there are several schools of epistemology that are not successful in isolation, but require multiple schools, and still suffers from the assumption problem. The scientific method would be one epistemological method. It's not out of context, you just didn't understand the reference.

Define great investment in a way that does not ignore the prior points in the thread. But in short we pay the price twice, but only get 1 skill. It's like the worst deal ever, Pay for 2 , get 1. The double payment is inexplicable as well because the skill has no restriction to weapon, just as all non weapon skills have no restriction to weapons, and yet it is treated as if it is.
    Edited by Armitas on September 15, 2014 11:39AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »

Then you completely misunderstand the concept behind why they require a slot on both bars. What you want does not equate logical balance.

This is a pointless thread anyway. Those wanting a toggle abilities to only require one slot when swapping weapons are clueless about the mechanics and the balancing behind them. Perhaps some may actually learn this reading through this thread but it is obvious will remain eternally clueless.

The skill has nothing to do with the weapon. It has no bearing on a staff, or sword or a shield, just as any of our class skills have no bearing on a weapon type. The "Why" is because 1 button is used for 2 skills and so one skill must be "deactivated" so that another skill can be "activated". Do you think twilight matriarch cares what weapon you have equipped? When it's master switches weapon does the summon see that and say "Oh, I better die now because he's holding a resto staff instead of a sword." Does bound armor care what weapon you have on? Does it get so angry because it's master switched weapons that it just disintegrates? Of course not. There is a flaw in the system, and I'd like it fixed for all such skills.
    Edited by Armitas on September 15, 2014 11:36AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it's a toggle skill they only function on one bar.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »

Right, I am asking that a toggle skill function regardless of which weapon you are holding since which weapon you are holding has no bearing on the skill.
    Edited by Armitas on September 15, 2014 12:10PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Note there are skills that stick through hotswaps and do not require dual slotting.
    Should Magelight be altered in such a way that it will work on both bars without having to slot it twice?

There are no such skills in the game right now. There are 2 kinds of buffs, the "lasts for xx seconds" type will last through swaps, the "reserves xx% of your magicka" won't.

There are such skills. Shield skills can be activated once on one bar and they don't get turned off when you switch to the other. Shield stacking is a huge problem in Cyrodiil.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, I am asking that a toggle skill function regardless of which weapon you are holding since which weapon you are holding has no bearing on the skill.

So you are asking for an exception to be made for this toggle skill? Or all toggle skills?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So you are asking for an exception to be made for this toggle skill? Or all toggle skills?
    This thread is about 1 toggle skill, but I will be starting another about all toggle skills after this one runs it's course. I don't have the time to handle two threads so when I do start that one I will have to abandon this one. I have the day off and the game is down. If it's down long I might just go ahead and do it today. This thread is pretty close to the end anyway at 3 pages. 3 pages seems to be the magic number where things start to get repeated and that seems to hold true for all the forums I've been in.

To be clear, it is my belief that 1 skill should cost 1 skill slot, and that goes for all 3 of the sorc toggles, siphoning strikes and any I missed.
    Edited by Armitas on September 15, 2014 12:24PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still going to say no as it will cause more balance problems. they will have to figure out potential combinations of essentially 6-8 skills and balance those.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still going to say no as it will cause more balance problems. they will have to figure out potential combinations of essentially 6-8 skills and balance those.

There are 10total skill slots. If a toggle cost 1 skill slot there are 9 left for combination as opposed to 8 left for combinations. What exactly is happening in this single extra combination? Also why did you ask if your answer is No either way? The point you are making would apply whether it was 1 skill or all, and so I feel like my time has been wasted answering the wrong question.
    Edited by Armitas on September 15, 2014 12:44PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's really a thread where people think magelight should get a buff? Magelight is easily the most overpowered move in the game... It gives you a whopping 20% spell crit, you can inexplicably sneak with it active, it costs you MAYBE 100 magic, and it completely nerfs an entire class. Tell me how does it make sense that your 100 magicka, no counter guild skill should overpower my 420 magicka class skill that lasts 3 second!!! I'm waiting for my skill that negates ranged spell casting, prevents healing, and bypasses blocking. Oh and these skills should be constant and also boost my stats. Magelight should get a serious nerf. A level 10 player with magelight pulls a v12 NB out of cloak... how the hell does that make any sense?!?!?! The skill is overpowered.

In the 'real' sense of things, a bag of imperial flour would pull a VR12 out of cloak, or at least his floury silhouette. I'll trade the 'overpowered' Magelight for some quickslotted cake flour, costing me no skillslots and no magicka.

Deal?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Soulharvester
    Soulharvester
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to see the results
    Make magelight a passive pet, while it is out, it should not allow that person to hide.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to see the results
    Like I said in your other posting of this poll (in the General Discussion forum), 1 skill point buys 1 skill. How you choose to slot them is your choice. Silly poll.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like I said in your other posting of this poll (in the General Discussion forum), 1 skill point buys 1 skill. How you choose to slot them is your choice. Silly poll.

1 poll is about a specific skill, 1 poll is about a category. They are not the same thing. 1 skill point purchases the option to use 1 skill or the option to use 1 morph, but it doesn't buy 1 skill slot. They have nothing to do with eachother.
    Edited by Armitas on September 15, 2014 4:05PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim
    ✭✭✭
    Completely misunderstood the question, nvmd.
    Edited by GreyPilgrim on September 15, 2014 6:21PM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TRIP233 wrote: »
    Note there are skills that stick through hotswaps and do not require dual slotting.
    Should Magelight be altered in such a way that it will work on both bars without having to slot it twice?

There are no such skills in the game right now. There are 2 kinds of buffs, the "lasts for xx seconds" type will last through swaps, the "reserves xx% of your magicka" won't.

There are such skills. Shield skills can be activated once on one bar and they don't get turned off when you switch to the other. Shield stacking is a huge problem in Cyrodiil.

Shield skills are of the "last for xx seconds" variety. They aren't toggles.
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should one person be allowed to post the same poll in 2 forum categories?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/131802/should-1-skill-cost-1-skill-slot-or-2-skill-slots

What you are asking for is completely bonkers for all the logical reasons that people have already given about how skills work and the game is designed. If you want to use a skill on both bars, you have to slot it on both. Certain skill lines should not get some special treatment in this regard. Especially since this would clearly favor sorcs, and screw them they are already OP enough.

No matter how many times you post this same poll with different wording, clearly the majority is against you. Let it go.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, should I make an actual argument using data? Hmmm could I make an argument that doesn't refer to dark cloak? I don't want to, but I guess I could give it a try.

1. No skill(or the passives related to it), slotted in skill bar 1 has any affect when skill bar 2 is active. This is true for every skill in the game. I would argue that changing Magelight (or any toggle skill) would require that all skill passives transcend the active skill bar status, so long as they are slotted. I'm not arguing for or against this particular action, just that it may take some time to adjust the coding.

2. I would argue that allowing toggle skills to remain active would unevenly benefit the sorcerer class, as there are 5 toggle skills and they have exclusive rights to 3 of them. The sorcerer class is already considered the most inherently powerful by most. So, giving them any more of a leg up, regardless of it's magnitude, would further unbalance the game. And yes, I'm saying all because it affects the strongest class the most that it shouldn't be done. TESO is an MMO, it's supposed to be balanced.

3. I would argue that Magelight, in itself is broken mechanically. I won't make an argument as to how it's terribly unbalance to sneak around with a flashlight, for I feel the entire stealth mechanic is completely broken. So, that being said, there are supposed to be two drawbacks to Magelight, it's mana cost and that it's a giant billboard that flashes "HEY!!!! I'm a ranged spell caster". The thing is, the mana is a meager %5, which is ludicrous, the skill gives the single largest boost to critical in the game. Also, unless you actually witness the initial casting of the spell, the orb isn't visible to you, so unless you have a combat ui addon (which you should anyway) the drawback is nullified. Having a weak or nullified penalty for a toggle skill that is incredibly useful further unbalances the game in favor of a particular play style that is already considered the strongest in the game (cloth wearing staff wielders). And once again, yes, the game should be balanced above all else. Players shouldn't have to play one particular class or style to be competitive in higher echelon gaming.

There you have it... My argument. And I didn't even go into the woes of the DW stealth NB... That's a whole other can of worms.
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should one person be allowed to post the same poll in 2 forum categories?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/131802/should-1-skill-cost-1-skill-slot-or-2-skill-slots

What you are asking for is completely bonkers for all the logical reasons that people have already given about how skills work and the game is designed. If you want to use a skill on both bars, you have to slot it on both. Certain skill lines should not get some special treatment in this regard. Especially since this would clearly favor sorcs, and screw them they are already OP enough.

No matter how many times you post this same poll with different wording, clearly the majority is against you. Let it go.

Not the same poll. One is about a specific skill, one is about a whole category. If you can't tell the difference perhaps polls are not for you.

Appeal to the majority is a logical fallacy. Appealing to 35 people as a majority in less than 1% of a population is just a crime against statistics not to mention contrived.

I don't know how magelight would favor sorcs but if you want to complain about sorcs there are already numerous threads out there in which you can do so.
    Edited by Armitas on September 16, 2014 11:59AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap, shut up Armitas!!! Do you talk like that on a regular basis or just in forums so strangers on the interwebs will think you're a ducking rocket scientist?!? If you can't see why a skill that boosts spell crit unevenly affects Sorcs, you're either an idiot or you don't play the game. Considering the most prominent Sorcs skills (shards, curse, lighting, and streak. Not to mention the disintegrate proc) all use spell crit. In fact, not a single sorc skill uses weapon crit. The game should be balanced before they start to even entertain suggestions from cry babies like yourself... Waaaaah! My op build isn't op enough waaaah! Woe is me!!! I have to slot Magelight twice waaaah. And yes this is how I talk in real life, I get off on acting like a grade school bully with no imagination and the debate skills of a Neanderthal mwahahaha. Now, grab your thesaurus and write annoyingly tone deaf rebuttal. Make sure to add all sorts of terms that are bound to make readers go "ooooooh...... ahhhhhh"

This is what I think of confirming my age and then having my speech censored... Duck duck duck duck duck...

And by duck(ing) I mean Scrooge McDuck... Who is a money grubbing jerkface cartoon duck. A duck: a water fowl common in the US, as well as other places that I'm sure exists but don't give a hoot about... Zenimax!!!
    Edited by Jacques Berge on September 17, 2014 6:08AM
    "Shadow hide you"

• Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh... And if you do respond and I don't give you a giant thumbs down it will likely not be because of your "great" debate "skill" as like that I was banned from the forums for my gratuitous use of the word duck. 'MERICA!!!
    "Shadow hide you"

• curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not the same poll. One is about a specific skill, one is about a whole category. If you can't tell the difference perhaps polls are not for you.

Appeal to the majority is a logical fallacy. Appealing to 35 people as a majority in less than 1% of a population is just a crime against statistics not to mention contrived.

I don't know how magelight would favor sorcs but if you want to complain about sorcs there are already numerous threads out there in which you can do so.

They ARE the same poll, about the same general idea, just worded differently. One poll (this one) focuses on one skill, and one focuses on all skills, but the basic idea is the same in either case. If you can't comprehend that concept, perhaps English is not for you.

And really, perhaps it's not, because your next paragraph about logic and such... well, it doesn't even make sense, as it is not comprised of full and complete sentences. I don't know if you're talking about me or yourself, but I don't really care anyway. Nice try at debate though.

The idea is the same in either case - you basically want to be able to access (or have use of) all your skills on both bars at the same time, so that toggle abilities can be active even if they are on the inactive bar. As for why this concept favors sorcs, others have already very clearly outlined that in both this poll and your other one. This guy said it pretty well:
    The idea is that at any one time you have five skills plus one Ultimate in play, and while there is some grey area with medium-duration buffs/debuffs/area effects, this generally holds true.Being able to, for example, have Magelight on your off-bar basically means you have six skills in play. This may not seem like much but it definitely adds up.

Imagine a Sorcerer with Bound Armour, Inner Light, Unstable Clannfear and Twilight Matriarch active while still being able to cast Crystal Fragments, Crushing Shock, Velocious Curse, Hardened Ward and Bolt Escape without missing a beat. I dunno about you but that seems too much.

No matter how many polls you make about the same idea, people are not going for it. The horse is dead already - just bury it.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The skill has nothing to do with the weapon. It has no bearing on a staff, or sword or a shield, just as any of our class skills have no bearing on a weapon type. The "Why" is because 1 button is used for 2 skills and so one skill must be "deactivated" so that another skill can be "activated". Do you think twilight matriarch cares what weapon you have equipped? When it's master switches weapon does the summon see that and say "Oh, I better die now because he's holding a resto staff instead of a sword." Does bound armor care what weapon you have on? Does it get so angry because it's master switched weapons that it just disintegrates? Of course not. There is a flaw in the system, and I'd like it fixed for all such skills.

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about. I made zero reference to what type of weapon someone has. I refer simply to the mechanic of switching bars. What a toggle ability is is very simple. It must exist on both bars to remain active when swapping weapons. I do not care if you dual wield rabid raccoons and a pink umbrella ... toggles work the way they do for a reason.

Those wanting mage light to change to ANYTHING ELSE is asking for the ability to be nerfed hard and changed into something entirely different. This may be what some like but many will not. Many here are asking for a flat out exception on how toggles work or an alternative way to use mage light as a single skill but with unique properties not existing in game for any other skill. This is not realistic.

The result of changing mage light to a non-toggle is simple: It will be nerfed in function and a much higher upfront resource cost and duration will be applied. This will be a major change that will cause a great uproar within the community. Not all will be on board with the change.

The only issue I see in this thread is the unrealistic expectations trying to get set here. If you want 100% up time on an ability without upkeep that works across both bars then you have toggles to consider. To expect anything else is to see a change toward how other abilities already function. No in between or made up mechanic is likely going to appear simply because a few players can't accept the the reality of existing mechanics.
    Edited by Tamanous on September 17, 2014 6:36PM
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas
    The notion that 1 slot on 1 bar should be fine for a toggle to remain active because ZoS quickened and smoothed weapon switch is totally missing the point. ZoS wanted to limit players access at any one time to skills and spells.

You could counter that some spells remain active despite switching, like heals and whatnot but, they spend a ton of magicka that is already spent, it's gone, used to activate the spell. The ball already left the hand you can't bring it back. It's a conjuration requiring continuous stream of magicka to remain or in the case of creature summons, a continuous stream of magicka to keep the creature from returning to Oblivion. It's not that difficult to understand and accept.

IF you want to have Mage Light on one bar perhaps we should lobby ZoS to make it a time limited spell like all the rest. You could have it on one bar and cast away to your hearts content. Then it would be on an even playing field when it came to countering Shadow Cloak.
    Edited by Vizier on September 17, 2014 9:19PM
  • Two-Dogs
    Two-Dogs
    ✭✭✭
    1: There is still no such thing as the epidemiological method. If you want to refer to the scientific method, refer to the scientific method. The scientific method is not the study of knowledge. Yes, we can learn from it but no, it is not the study of knowledge. If you want to refer to the study of knowledge, including its transfer and extent, then refer to epistemology.

2: We pay the price twice because we enjoy the benefits on both skill load outs. Much as, if I wish to enjoy having Critical Charge, I must slot it on both bars - though with weapon specific skills, we must pay the prices, twice and have two different versions of the same weapon type.

Now, if folks would like to give Mage Light a duriation - as Vizier suggest and as in the case of shields and some other buffs, or a health pool - as in the case of summons, then perhaps we can consider your proposal. Until then, we choose to slot it twice, we should pay the price twice.

You've asked your question and the people have answered. Regardless of your opinion on the matter the majority of voters on this forum, as proven by your own poll, have voted for Mage Light being required to be slotted twice.

So, to answer you own question, as stated in you OP: YES
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They ARE the same poll, about the same general idea, just worded differently. One poll (this one) focuses on one skill, and one focuses on all skills, but the basic idea is the same in either case. If you can't comprehend that concept, perhaps English is not for you.

And really, perhaps it's not, because your next paragraph about logic and such... well, it doesn't even make sense, as it is not comprised of full and complete sentences. I don't know if you're talking about me or yourself, but I don't really care anyway. Nice try at debate though.

The idea is the same in either case - you basically want to be able to access (or have use of) all your skills on both bars at the same time, so that toggle abilities can be active even if they are on the inactive bar. As for why this concept favors sorcs, others have already very clearly outlined that in both this poll and your other one. This guy said it pretty well:
    The idea is that at any one time you have five skills plus one Ultimate in play, and while there is some grey area with medium-duration buffs/debuffs/area effects, this generally holds true.Being able to, for example, have Magelight on your off-bar basically means you have six skills in play. This may not seem like much but it definitely adds up.

Imagine a Sorcerer with Bound Armour, Inner Light, Unstable Clannfear and Twilight Matriarch active while still being able to cast Crystal Fragments, Crushing Shock, Velocious Curse, Hardened Ward and Bolt Escape without missing a beat. I dunno about you but that seems too much.

No matter how many polls you make about the same idea, people are not going for it. The horse is dead already - just bury it.

Actually if you cannot comprehend the word "same" and "general" then English and thinking is not for you. There is nothing general about referring to a specific skill, they are complete opposites.

I asked about sorcs for MAGELIGHT, because this thread is about MAGELIGHT. Care to give and explanation for that, oh thats right I forgot you're the guy that can't tell one thing from another. Of course you would be confused about that.
    Edited by Armitas on September 18, 2014 11:56AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about. I made zero reference to what type of weapon someone has. I refer simply to the mechanic of switching bars. What a toggle ability is is very simple. It must exist on both bars to remain active when swapping weapons. I do not care if you dual wield rabid raccoons and a pink umbrella ... toggles work the way they do for a reason.

Those wanting mage light to change to ANYTHING ELSE is asking for the ability to be nerfed hard and changed into something entirely different. This may be what some like but many will not. Many here are asking for a flat out exception on how toggles work or an alternative way to use mage light as a single skill but with unique properties not existing in game for any other skill. This is not realistic.

The result of changing mage light to a non-toggle is simple: It will be nerfed in function and a much higher upfront resource cost and duration will be applied. This will be a major change that will cause a great uproar within the community. Not all will be on board with the change.

The only issue I see in this thread is the unrealistic expectations trying to get set here. If you want 100% up time on an ability without upkeep that works across both bars then you have toggles to consider. To expect anything else is to see a change toward how other abilities already function. No in between or made up mechanic is likely going to appear simply because a few players can't accept the the reality of existing mechanics.

I mentioned that because a weaponless skills is requiring a particular weapon. The weapon you are using does not matter, it is because you switch to a different bar that the other one is necessarily turned off.

This thread does not specify any HOW. You are the one assigning hows to it. Someone mentioned that in beta you were able to use it on one bar, just as it is now only on 1 bar. So trying to say it will necessarily be nerfed, and assigning all these bad fixes is simply incorrect.

Edited by Armitas on September 18, 2014 12:02PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two-Dogs wrote: »
    1: There is still no such thing as the epidemiological method. If you want to refer to the scientific method, refer to the scientific method. The scientific method is not the study of knowledge. Yes, we can learn from it but no, it is not the study of knowledge. If you want to refer to the study of knowledge, including its transfer and extent, then refer to epistemology.

2: We pay the price twice because we enjoy the benefits on both skill load outs. Much as, if I wish to enjoy having Critical Charge, I must slot it on both bars - though with weapon specific skills, we must pay the prices, twice and have two different versions of the same weapon type.

Now, if folks would like to give Mage Light a duriation - as Vizier suggest and as in the case of shields and some other buffs, or a health pool - as in the case of summons, then perhaps we can consider your proposal. Until then, we choose to slot it twice, we should pay the price twice.

You've asked your question and the people have answered. Regardless of your opinion on the matter the majority of voters on this forum, as proven by your own poll, have voted for Mage Light being required to be slotted twice.

So, to answer you own question, as stated in you OP: YES

A bit of Irony that you say epidemiological rather then epistemological as I have been quite sick this week. There is no single "epistemological method" but there are "epistemological" "Methods". The scientific method is not the study of knowledge it is a method to acquire knowledge, just as Empiricism and Rationalism are. Epistemology is how knowledge can be acquired, not simply a study of knowledge.

2. We enjoy the benefits of all skills on both load outs while slotting once, other than toggles. Magelight is not a weapon specific skill. Magelight already comes with a penalty, and I have already gone through a value analysis of it in pvp.

The majority is 35 people man, out of far less than 1% of players, I hope you are kidding.
    Edited by Armitas on September 18, 2014 12:15PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to start all over but I think a few things should be mentioned about your scientific approach:
    The majority is 35 people man, out of far less than 1% of players, I hope you are kidding.

You are using a scientific approach and technical terms, I assume you are coming from such a background. You should know that there are certain limits to the methods you are using. When you have a high number of subjects - like in a game with between 700 and 800k active subs - your polls will always reach only a small amount of people (people who read the forum and of those only the ones who are actually interested in the subforum, the topic, ...). I think you knew this when you started your polls.
    Care to give and explanation for that, oh thats right I forgot you're the guy that can't tell one thing from another. Of course you would be confused about that.

Due to the above, I would recommend not to answer people in such a way, no matter how much they insult you. Personal attacks don't do any good when trying to be scientific. Just some advice from my own experience.

In general, I think you should try to express yourself a bit less formal/scientific. I am not saying people on this forum are simple, it's just that discussions about theoretical things like "epistemological method" aren't going to make the average person more interested in joining your discussion. Phrase your comments in a clear way.

"An alleged scientific discovery has no merit unless it can be explained to a barmaid." Ernest Rutherford

Edited by GwaynLoki on September 18, 2014 1:23PM