The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Prank You've Ever Done

arena25
arena25
✭✭✭✭✭
I know the mods will likely close this thread, but if they do, I would kindly request that the devs create some kind of "Off Topic" section for discussions like these.

Now, without further adieu, here is the driving question of this thread:

"What was the best prank you've ever done?"

My answer: I've had my moments of glory.

Best Prank #1: On April Fools Day, place a sticky note under computer mouse sensor to make it a "malfunctioning mouse". For extra kicks, unplug the cord too.

Best Prank #2: Unscrew the cap off slightly on a water bottle...like the one shown below slightly. When an unsuspecting person starts to drink from it, the water will get into the lid and spill all over the person's shirt because it's not fully screwed on. I can't really describe it without a video, I'll have to try to upload one someday.

Best Prank #3: The ol' "You got the wrong football" prank. QB takes it, yells "Hey, I have the wrong football", walks past defensive linemen, then yells "LATER!" and takes off. Touchdown! I tried it once in Lifetime Fitness at school, and everyone laughed at my opponents. The irony in this is that the team that I faced that fell for it was also the powerhouse team in the class. Sadly, my teacher made the play illegal the very next day.

Well, what's your best pranks?

Comments, questions, concerns, insults?

Edit: I see i forgot to add picture. Well, here you go. Sorry about that!

https://www.medco-athletics.com/images/products/263010.JPG
Edited by arena25 on August 31, 2014 11:08PM
If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I called up a live local radio trade show and told them I had a vehicle for sale and for how much and then I gave the radio host my buddies telephone number. He finally had to turn his phone off after the first 30 or so calls he received....lol

I haven't got paid back for that one....yet.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bag of frozen peas. Scatter them evenly on a bed, then cover it with the sheet. They will melt, and the owner must then carefully pluck each one off, or they'll get squished into the sheets, leaving dozens of little green dots that are murder to wash out.

Cherry on top - leave a little note - "I 'peed' your bed". Win. :)

Or, less effort, you could just splash Sprite all over the kitchen floor, and ketchup on the walls. Not much'll get those off. The important thing with any of these is that you do them when the house is going to be empty for a while. Give them a few days to set and you're laughing.
    Edited by MorHawk on September 1, 2014 12:42AM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds more like vandalism than a practical joke.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Told my friend that Wildstar was amazing and convinced him to go out and buy it. He still hates me.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our now 5 year old was only a couple weeks old and I taped "dirty" open diapers on our older kids door handles. The oldest sat on the floor and cried for her brothers to open the door from other side rather than get the "dirty" diaper off herself. Note: the "dirty" was only honey mustard. :D
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• AlexDrago
    AlexDrago
    ✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    My answer: I've had my moments of glory.

Best Prank #1: On April Fools Day, place a sticky note under computer mouse sensor to make it a "malfunctioning mouse". For extra kicks, unplug the cord too.
    Yeah, I was pranked by this joke. It was very very fun, and when I find pranker - I pranked him too.
    Well, I just redirected all Internet requests from his comp to our company site page with text: "You are hired for work, not for I-net web serfing". After a week, or two I was satisfied.
    If you have nothing to say say nothing ©
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    I was on rift and waited blood fiend's. Some hero pass by, and wisp me "what are you doing?" so i explained him the case.

" i wan't also to be vampire!" he said.

so told him now its not the time, BUT there is a cheat what makes them spawn sometimes ;).

"tell me, tell me please!" he pegs.

well ok.. i tell you, but you might not like it, how its done.

"i don't care!" he said.

OK here we go. Take your gear of, and run around that tree about 50 times and vawe your light attack time to time.

"are you serious, can't be?" He :open_mouth:

I said, well you don't have to do it, im just telling you how i heard..

"No, no. I want to try!" :agree:

So there he was, running around tree, and i was lmao :innocent:
    (of course i would bite him free after this, im not so >:)what you guys think.)

So then comes the WTH part, the Blood fiend's spawned (o_0')
    He stops the run and

"Awesome! lets get an Bit...."

All sudden Some Nord :trollface: with 2Hand Sword, Rollface the area. killed them all!

LMAO so hard that dropped my coffee cup and it spilled all over my cat, yes you read that right.
    So my cat went to panic mode (OMG OMG, Water!) runs around sofa, (trying to catch him)
    Doges me jumps toward my 42inch Tv. And it falls over my lap.

So here is my Prank, (see i don't have social life only Teso :smiley:)

Don't worry TV working and the guy got the bite, only Nord is missing.

Hope you like it! still gives me the lmao moment :)
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Erlindur
    Erlindur
    ✭✭✭
    Not my best prank but the sticky note on a mouse reminded me this...

On a good old Win XP (newer versions may have different steps)

-Hide the mouse pointer in a corner and take a screenshot of the target's desktop.

-Remove all shortcut icons from the desktop.

-Move the taskbar all the way down. (you may have to unlock it)

-Set the screenshot you took earlier as the background picture.

Stay close and enjoy :)
    Edited by Erlindur on September 1, 2014 9:04AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our now 5 year old was only a couple weeks old and I taped "dirty" open diapers on our older kids door handles. The oldest sat on the floor and cried for her brothers to open the door from other side rather than get the "dirty" diaper off herself. Note: the "dirty" was only honey mustard. :D

That's evil.

Note evil in the original sense.
    Note disapproval and condemnation.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The sticker under mouse and unplug i have done 1000 of times and never gets old. Although my manager was unhappy when he had visitors and a presentation and his mouse didn't work. It was the beginning of the end of my career lol.

I used to work on a laboratory and i had a 10 meter long waterhouse under the tables on weener height. One end on a faucette and other end under the table where people would work. Open faucette and wet pants for people who sat there. extra bonus: they went under the table to check for a leak and again i opened the hose.

We had an old stereo also on that same lab and i had a plug (dop in dutch, i dont know english word for it lol) for a testtube that was grey and fitted perfectly on the volume knob. So i turned the radio really loud in the morning and when they wanted to turn it down it didnt work because they turned the testtube plug.

I don't work there anymore for obvious reasons. Now i have a desk job with serious people and cannot afford to do any pranks anymore :neutral_face:
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    The sticker under mouse and unplug i have done 1000 of times and never gets old. Although my manager was unhappy when he had visitors and a presentation and his mouse didn't work. It was the beginning of the end of my career lol.

I used to work on a laboratory and i had a 10 meter long waterhouse under the tables on weener height. One end on a faucette and other end under the table where people would work. Open faucette and wet pants for people who sat there. extra bonus: they went under the table to check for a leak and again i opened the hose.

We had an old stereo also on that same lab and i had a plug (dop in dutch, i dont know english word for it lol) for a testtube that was grey and fitted perfectly on the volume knob. So i turned the radio really loud in the morning and when they wanted to turn it down it didnt work because they turned the testtube plug.

I don't work there anymore for obvious reasons. Now i have a desk job with serious people and cannot afford to do any pranks anymore :neutral_face:

I think i would be sick every time, if worked in same sift with you :disagree:
    Just horrible person you are ::D
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think i would be sick every time, if worked in same shift with you :disagree:

We didn't have shifts. It was just a dayjob from 6:00 to 6:00 (you just had to work 8 hours so it was variable when people came. I usually came at 06:15 to do the pranks bewause the rest came around 08:00.

Well, i don't work there anymore, but people still talk about me. Well actually not about me, but about the idiot and his pranks lol. They are not done with me yet though. I programmed a little program so people could scan in barcodes and that program generated several files with those codes other machines can use. There are things that will happen in 21-dec and 3-march WOEHAHAHA
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I think i would be sick every time, if worked in same shift with you :disagree:

We didn't have shifts. It was just a dayjob from 6:00 to 6:00 (you just had to work 8 hours so it was variable when people came. I usually came at 06:15 to do the pranks bewause the rest came around 08:00.

Well, i don't work there anymore, but people still talk about me. Well actually not about me, but about the idiot and his pranks lol. They are not done with me yet though. I programmed a little program so people could scan in barcodes and that program generated several files with those codes other machines can use. There are things that will happen in 21-dec and 3-march WOEHAHAHA

You sir are evil NO pure evil ::D
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • jcleaver42ub17_ESO
    One time when a co-worker went on vacation, I turned her monitor upside down (CRT monitor). I had also flipped the screen. So when she came back, she turned the monitor back over, and was rewarded with an upside down screen.
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    One time when a co-worker went on vacation, I turned her monitor upside down (CRT monitor). I had also flipped the screen. So when she came back, she turned the monitor back over, and was rewarded with an upside down screen.

LOL nice one :)

(。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    not much of a prank person..i once bought a very lifelike cat doll and threw it at my dog while he was napping
    (bout 40kg weight pitbull)

minus the living room table, two chairs, a couch lining and a couple of scratches on the wall painting, i could almost say it was worth it..)
    Pride, honour and purity
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »
    not much of a prank person..i once bought a very lifelike cat doll and threw it at my dog while he was napping

minus the living room table, two chairs, a couch lining and a couple of scratches on the wall painting, i could almost say it was worth it..)

im a cat person, that just mean don't do that, poor fluffy hello kitty snif ;(

Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on September 1, 2014 2:17PM
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »

I'm assuming the pitbull went crazy and destroyed everything in the room.
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I make my one at this very moment ;D
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    I'm assuming the pitbull went crazy and destroyed everything in the room.

young and stupid, you know? They tend to go together :blush:
    plus that one was always so calm, so passive..never got overly excited, overly joyous..just calm all the time,lol..don't know if you ever had a terrier, or a breed with terrier in them, they are usually quite the opposite. I remember wondering why he wasn't like that..add some *** for brains in the mix..

Think it was mostly that, wondering how he'd react :)

Pride, honour and purity
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's evil.

Note evil in the original sense.
    Note disapproval and condemnation.

LMAO, well that oldest (16 now) was sitting beside me when I answered, *now* she finds it hilarious
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I pulled off my next prank today.

I spread some water all over my hardwood floor and waited for sister to come downstairs. The results were entirely spectacular. She slipped crashed into the door, but the funny part was that exactly .5 seconds later, my house-roaming foster cat, whom we call Little Ann (even though she is fat) slipped and slid trying to chase Raven, who also slipped and slid. Result: total carnage!
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorry, edit for the overly sensitive:

that dog got to stay with us till cancer took him away. I slept with him, bathed with him, went out with him, went to vacation with him, despite everyone's complaining. He got a lot of love, and would have got even more had he stayed around. I buried him myself in our back yard, and he's still there. He was never oppressed/neglected. And a toy is a toy. Ok :)
    Pride, honour and purity
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! While this is a fun discussion, it is not related to ESO, and as such we are closing this thread. We ask that all discussions on the forums have a clear topic related to ESO. Thank you for understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.