The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Veteran Rank and Public Dungeons Bosses?

Humble48
Humble48
✭✭
I seem to have hit a sudden wall here. In the public dungeons as a veteran rank 1, the dungeons bosses for the completions are very difficult, if not impossible, for me to kill. I have just about 3k in health and they have 19k. I don't even do near that amount of damage. Is it just because I'm supposed to come to this at a later point or is this just an issue that everyone sees?

Thanks.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean the group challenge?
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Public dungeons are for small groups so you need to find someone or even better couple of companions to save yourself a lot of pain...
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did all of them in a 2 man group.

I guess a trully strong char can do them all alone up to vet10 , but by having just 2 players it is already easy enough.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    I guess I got used to being able to solo them and now it's not really possible. Kind of bummer after doing that for 50 levels.

Thanks for the info folks.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Which in particular? CC makes them pretty easy for me, or I stack HoTs in case they're immune.
  • Draxuul
    Draxuul
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i`ve been able to solo some of them myself but you need to keep in mind that those dungeons have been designed to be cleared by small groups.

In my opinion, you should embrace the fact that you finally found a group encounter that you couldn`t solo. Because such encounters seem to be rare outside of private dungeons and trials and such.

This game has been made too easy already because of the amount of people who complained that it was too hard some time ago. I`m actually very happy to hear that some parts of Tamriel still offer a challenge .

Draxuul
    Be who you want to be , do what you want to do, play the way you want to play.

The Prophet once said :``There is no perfect choice , there are only other choices. ``

Same goes for your build. There is no perfect build, there are only other builds.

My name is Draxuul and i approve this message .

• bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should have tried it before VR nerf, then it wsa fun, now its just cakewalk easy
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Humble48 wrote: »
    I seem to have hit a sudden wall here. In the public dungeons as a veteran rank 1, the dungeons bosses for the completions are very difficult, if not impossible, for me to kill. I have just about 3k in health and they have 19k. I don't even do near that amount of damage. Is it just because I'm supposed to come to this at a later point or is this just an issue that everyone sees?

Thanks.

GROUPAGE. Yes, it is hard for some folks to put together/keep together/even hire others to group up with you. Guild it up, get irl friends to come along or...no need to participate. Those dungeons are group content, aside from some exceptional players. You most certainly can do some of them with less than a full group though.

And please, SHHHHH... the solo-centric plant at ZOS HQ might hear you and start digging around in the gear closet for that nerf bat, AGAIN.

• Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Humble48 wrote: »
    I guess I got used to being able to solo them and now it's not really possible. Kind of bummer after doing that for 50 levels.

Thanks for the info folks.

So predictable that these comments would come. That is not directed as sarcasm at YOU o-p. It is related to what was easily known to be the direct result of nerfage in Vet+ content.

Still, there are people saying 'there just isn't enough solo content in TESO, fix it now, its not fair' - :o

Yes o-p there SHOULD have been a bit more of a transition from 1-49 into the next hurdle of content. That would have helped prep players, just like making grouping WORK, and making grouping in Vet+ 1- 10 zones WORTH the effort for e x p AND loot would have provided the basis of a prep foundation for PvE players who decide they want to go further into higher level content at endgame. But, Nope. Vet+ was made more 'comfy'. B)

Now what is ZOS gonna do with the relative masses heading up in levels toward Craglorn and further environs? Good question.

Edited by Anastasia on September 1, 2014 9:05AM
  • Markuseb17_ESO15
    i am vet 3 light armor sorcerer by now (after nerf). had no trouble clearing pub dungeons solo with the help of my ultimate storm atronach. found the outside world bosses more tricky. died only twice as veteran by accidently pulling more than two hordes of trash mob.
    Edited by Markuseb17_ESO15 on September 1, 2014 12:07PM
  • Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    So it turned out that I was in a harder dungeon than I had originally thought I was, so that's the reason for the difficultly. I appreciate the feedback and want to be clear that I wasn't asking for an easier content injection, but rather just confirm that I was on the right path per say. So thanks for the info and some of you can chill out a bit. :smile:

• KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    They seem inconsistent in terms of difficulty vs higher or lower VR ranks, so try them all out as you go. I've been able to solo some of the group challenges very easily, while some of the regular bosses kick my ass in the first minute.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, a few select bosses didn't get the memo they're supposed to be nerfed and seem to even have gained in power. I can solo pretty much all of VR content except dungeons and those stubborn guys.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the Windhelm one a while ago. The normal ones are a bit of a faceroll. I was fooling with the trash and doing pretty good, a VR4 sorc, and 2 guys show up and we trash the place. Great fun.
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    I remember hitting pre-nef VR just when ZOS accidentally bumped the VR mobs to even insane power levels. I went into the EP public dungeon w/ a DK and a NB, and got wiped most of the time.

But we just kept going and trying out different combinations, taking turns using our ultimates, our AOE shields. I used abilities I had since forgotten when I was doing 1-50. When I suggested to them that maybe they should find a more seasoned VR player because I wasn't used to the difficulty, the DK told me 'No way you're quitting on us.' And the NB even offered to craft me gear after we were done. The thing was, they had already completed that dungeon and were just there to help out newbie VR's. But because of the difficulty jump, were getting their asses handed to them also.

It was intense, but one of the most fun I had in this game. Grouping really mattered during that period. It's something I will always remember when I think of ESO. I've since hit VR levels w/ my DK, NB, and Temp. But it was all routine for them. No unforgettable moments post-nerf.
    Edited by felinith66 on September 6, 2014 8:54AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastasia wrote: »
    It is related to what was easily known to be the direct result of nerfage in Vet+ content.

Maybe so, but since it is so hard to find a group in the VR Zones, most of these places have to be Solo'd, or skipped. Heck, some nights I have a hard time getting people to show up for a Dolmen. They could easily fix this by having a Group or Solo Instance as you enter the place.

I died quite a few times attempting the one in Windhelm with the Boss's, but that was with one other as a Pug. I have not been back since.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"