Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No critical damage on light and heavy attacks?

spoqster
spoqster
✭✭✭✭✭
Although I have 5% Weapon Critical (through the Thief Mundus stone) I don't seem to be doing any critical damage with my light or heavy melee attacks.

I've monitored this for hours now with the CombatAnalytics AddOn. Of course it's possible that the AddOn is broken, but I've double checked with FTC as well and it's the same there.

I am wondering if this is intentional and there is no Crit on melee attacks (it works for weapon skills) or if something else is amiss?

Thanks for your input!
  • butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭
    The confusing and limited information aspect of the game is working as intended.

They figure if they don't give you information about something, like run speed, when it breaks you will never notice.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two handers, one handers, daggers and bow all uses weapon critical. Staves uses spell critical. (restoration heavy attack seems to not crit). The lack of feedback from the API is why addon developers are leaving ESO for other games and if someone here is to be blamed it is zos.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on August 31, 2014 2:09PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two handers, one handers, daggers and bow all uses weapon critical. Staves uses spell critical. (restoration heavy attack seems to not crit). The lack of feedback from the API is why addon developers are leaving ESO for other games and if someone here is to be blamed it is zos.

Or we could all just play the game without addons. What a novel idea.

OP: it sounds like your addon is displaying incorrect information. I'm definitely still hitting critical attacks with my melee weapons.
    ----
    Murray?
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP: it sounds like your addon is displaying incorrect information. I'm definitely still hitting critical attacks with my melee weapons.

How do you know you're critting without using addons? >_> Hypocrite much?

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know you're critting without using addons? >_> Hypocrite much?

Because when I attack some mobs over and over again, I start to get an idea of how much a regular attack hurts them vs. a critical attack. If I hit them and a regular chunk of the health bar goes away, it was a regular attack. If more of it comes off, it was a critical attack.

Isn't it fascinating what the human mind is capable of, even without floaty numbers?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or we could all just play the game without addons. What a novel idea.

Some bugs are only revealed through the use of addons. And, seriously, I would never use guild stores if there weren't addons that let you search the stores.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because when I attack some mobs over and over again, I start to get an idea of how much a regular attack hurts them vs. a critical attack. If I hit them and a regular chunk of the health bar goes away, it was a regular attack. If more of it comes off, it was a critical attack.

Isn't it fascinating what the human mind is capable of, even without floaty numbers?

Oh boy.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be a problem with the thief mundus stone. My TH attack has another source of crit and there I see some crit incoming. So I don't think the addon is to blame. I've had problems with the thief stone before and there are a few threads about it. There are many problems with the mundus stones, including the synergy with the divines trait. They announced a fix for v1.3.5, but it's still buggy, now they announced it again for v1.4.