The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does 1.4 hit Tuesday?

neiljwd
neiljwd
✭✭✭
Or do we have to wait longer?
I'm stockpiling glyphs but running out of space... .
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, there is no maintenance Monday or Tuesday.

"We will not be having our regular maintenance for the North American and European Megaservers on September 1 and 2, respectively."
    Edited by dharbert on August 31, 2014 12:43PM
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    neiljwd wrote: »
    Or do we have to wait longer?
    I'm stockpiling glyphs but running out of space... .

My guess would be around september 8 or something, since they gona fix some stuff on PTS 1.4 with the new content before releasing it live.
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Black_Wolf88
    Black_Wolf88
    ✭✭✭
    id say 15/16th before the patch comes to live servers.
    Edited by Black_Wolf88 on August 31, 2014 1:50PM
    "The key to immportality is first living a life worth remembering." -Bruce Lee
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To tell you the truth, I really hope ZOS takes their time and let's everyone on the PTS give it a good testing before they actually push the patch. 2 or 3 more weeks wouldn't kill anyone and might prevent some of the "Rage Quits" we see after every release.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will guess at least one more drop to 1.4.2 on PTS before it goes live, probably as 1.4.3

The reason is that I sense that there is more that they want to put in that does not appear in patch notes yet.
    Edited by Elsonso on August 31, 2014 1:17PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want it released quicker then goto PTS and help test it.
    Weeks off release yet.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    Weeks off release yet.

Not exactly weeks.

Since we aren't seeing it this week (4 weeks after 1.3), I'd say we can expect it within 2 weeks of tomorrow, as ZO has so far kept to their promise of releasing major updates every 4-6 weeks.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weeks off release yet.

Not exactly weeks.

I'd say we can expect it within 2 weeks of tomorrow

So, weeks until release, then? :smile:

• neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    lol
    How does PTS work then, If I d/l and reinstall it, does it just give me a V12 character to test?

is there an EU PTS or just a US PTS?
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough
    Edited by I55UE5 on August 31, 2014 2:08PM
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    I55UE5 wrote: »
    •Significantly increased the amount of inspiration gained from glyph creation.

Not sure why so many people are holding on to their glyphs.

""Doubled the inspiration gain from the deconstruction and creation of white quality glyphs.""

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/127711/pts-patch-notes-v1-4-0
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    has there been any feedback on a possible date yet?
  • Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just learn to be patient.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Week of the 15th.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weeks off release yet.

As if that actually matters. The amount of testers has nothing to do with how quickly it's released off the PTS.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we only had an update to the PTS yesterday, I'd say not this soon. Another week (maybe 2) for them to see what the latest version plays like

;)
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭

I am incredibly patient, and I haven't I displayed any impatience in this thread.
    I'd simply like to know if there's a due date. I haven't complained that it's late, nor asked for them to hurry up.

Seeking information to plan ahead, and prepare is not being impatient.

• Khami
    Khami
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol
    How does PTS work then, If I d/l and reinstall it, does it just give me a V12 character to test?

You'll get a VR14 character in the DC faction. Not sure about your second question.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me register a vote for "NO" to releasing it next week. I'd like to see them get to at least 1.4.5 before they release it to the Live server.
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    Khami wrote: »
    lol

You'll get a VR14 character in the DC faction. Not sure about your second question.
    I just started a PTS and sorry to say you I got a level 1 character.
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because you didnt select Craglorn on the top left corner of your screen.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    I got it. Thx for help.
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got it. Thx for help.

Probably best to return to edit something you quickly learned was incorrect information :), then. Heaven knows enough of that circulates on purpose around here...
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on September 5, 2014 6:58AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭

I am incredibly patient, and I haven't I displayed any impatience in this thread.
    I'd simply like to know if there's a due date. I haven't complained that it's late, nor asked for them to hurry up.

Seeking information to plan ahead, and prepare is not being impatient.
    Surely you must be aware by now that Zenimax do not announce the exact date that an update will be released, until just before it hits the live servers, at the earliest. Nobody is going to be able to provide any kind of meaningful answer, only baseless speculation.

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they first announced it on their main site they said the week of the 16th. However that has since been edited and no date given. Hopefully not a bad sign!

I just wish there was something in the notes that said "fixed Nightblade cloak so your DoT damage will not break you out of invisibility" but alas...

Maybe update 5? :p
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they first announced it on their main site they said the week of the 16th. However that has since been edited and no date given. Hopefully not a bad sign!

I take that as a good sign. I would prefer that they release it when it is solid rather than being fixed on a specific date, come oblivion or high water.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol

@neiljwd, in a sense, yes.

You have the option of standard character build, just like in the normal setup, or you can pick from templates to test the more advanced areas like Craglorn, etc.

You're started out with a higher level character, gold, and skillpoints to place accordingly.

Just one PTS to my knowledge, as the only differences in content really involve language.

Bear in mind it will take up double the space of the normal install, as it's just as large, if not larger.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not ready for live server....so much anger gonna be on the forums come next week when it's pushed out early....
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.