The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500+ Dmg from Lethal Arrow?

Papa_Hunt
Papa_Hunt
✭✭✭
That sound right? Is that reasonable? Also, what's up with all the Venom Arrow spam? I suppose I'm complaining but not meaning too...just curious if this is the future of PvP.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's getting to the point where everybody has macros and spams a few abilities with higher speed and damage, so unless animation cancelling gets removed from the game this is going to be PVP. Love it or leave it.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there are a lot of damage scaling bugs from 1.3 that haven't been fixed yet.
    Edited by david271749 on August 31, 2014 7:21AM
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    1,500 is reasonable. I don't hit for that much all the time. I usually hit for 1,000-1,700 depending on luck and the target's build. I have hit for 1,800-2,000 before, but just a couple times. Venom Arrow spam is viable because it hits like a normal attack without the need for a drawback animation on the bow. It also stuns if hitting a target that is casting a spell. Players weave venom arrows with light attacks to hit fast.

To defend against this raise up your shield or hold block. If it is an NB using the bow you will survive if you can last through the first 5 or so seconds.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game will be so much better if they fix animation cancelling. It is causing so many unintended things to happen...

But anyway, Lethal arrow hits hard.. but once the bow user is out of stealth they usually wont have the sustainability to go toe to toe with you.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds alright to me

i have an ulti that does over 1900 damage
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, let's not start complaining when stamina abilities start finally to do some damage ;)
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting to the point where everybody has macros and spams a few abilities with higher speed and damage, so unless animation cancelling gets removed from the game this is going to be PVP. Love it or leave it.

Why do you need to use macros to know when to use animation cancelling? Just require alot of practice and you can do it yourself all the time. Thats how you reach maximize damage per second. I recomend going to trials and practice light attack -- > class/weapon ability --> Light attack ---> class/weapon ability. This is how all the endgame players play. :smile:

Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    This game will be so much better if they fix animation cancelling. It is causing so many unintended things to happen...

But anyway, Lethal arrow hits hard.. but once the bow user is out of stealth they usually wont have the sustainability to go toe to toe with you.

If they are bad. My toes touch others all the time.
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭
    That sound right? Is that reasonable? Also, what's up with all the Venom Arrow spam? I suppose I'm complaining but not meaning too...just curious if this is the future of PvP.

Sounds kinda low.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Macro's don't exist in this game.

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honfold wrote: »
    1,500 is reasonable. I don't hit for that much all the time. I usually hit for 1,000-1,700 depending on luck and the target's build. I have hit for 1,800-2,000 before, but just a couple times. Venom Arrow spam is viable because it hits like a normal attack without the need for a drawback animation on the bow. It also stuns if hitting a target that is casting a spell. Players weave venom arrows with light attacks to hit fast.

To defend against this raise up your shield or hold block. If it is an NB using the bow you will survive if you can last through the first 5 or so seconds.

So are you going to stand there for 1 minutes holding a shield while you are marked. Keep in mind you have already taken 2k damage .. they have already disapeared.to set up for a secound round.. Potions are no good they are out of range ... and you are marked ...If they are horrid and get to close to you then they might get caught but they use a invisiable potion with speed so they are traveling over 200% with speed in stealth...

The fights look like this ...
    1800 Initial hit
    450 Venom arrow
    650 Camo
    Then you hold shield up all the damage before was intial all at once...
    200 Venom arrow
    650 Camo
    Your dead..... about 1.5 secs of them shooting you lol no fighting

If you do not get camo again you might actually see them for a split second they just disapear they are now moving at 200% speed you are marked ... You are forced to pop a stealth potion while you hit your heals ..You see nothing ... You purge also ... Then all the sudden the whole situation repeats this time you do not survive....

I have also see thrown dagger be used the same way and I have seen 3300 hit point toons drop instantly ....

Shooting a target is fun for the shooter but most people are targets that have no way of countering this .... I guess a sorc can bolt off if they are not marked if they are the NB will catch the sorc ... Stealth speed on NB can run down a Sorc.....

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

So are you going to stand there for 1 minutes holding a shield while you are marked. Keep in mind you have already taken 2k damage .. they have already disapeared.to set up for a secound round.. Potions are no good they are out of range ... and you are marked ...If they are horrid and get to close to you then they might get caught but they use a invisiable potion with speed so they are traveling over 200% with speed in stealth...

1800 Initial hit
    450 Venom arrow
    650 Camo
    200 Venom arrow
    650 Camo

If you do not get camo again you might actually see them for a split second they just disapear they are now moving at 200% speed you are marked ... You are forced to pop a stealth potion while you hit your heals ..You see nothing ... You purge also ... Then all the sudden the whole situation repeats this time you do not survive....

I have also see thrown dagger be used the same way and I have seen 3300 hit point toons drop instantly ....

Shooting a target is fun for the shooter but most people are targets that have no way of countering this .... I guess a sorc can bolt off if they are not marked if they are the NB will catch the sorc ... Stealth speed on NB can run down a Sorc.....

Wrong, you can't get speed bonus during combat, stop putting out false information
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welka wrote: »
    Please, let's not start complaining when stamina abilities start finally to do some damage ;)

This has been around for a while I posted about this setup months ago .. People are being insta killed and insta killed by another player in my opinion is not good for PVP... People that log in and want to PVP will quickly leave if they do not have the chance to fight back, I mean swing back just once !!! Keep in mind this is not a FPS people have alote of time with thier charactors so they have a small conection with the toon in general ... They have leveled this toon up to level 50 or VR 12 completed hard PVE challanges. To see their toon drop in less then 2 secs to one player is no fun for them at all... With out new people PVP will slowly die out...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme guess, all you whiners are vamps? lololo.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on August 31, 2014 3:09PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme guess, all you whiners are vamps? lololo.

LOL you do not have to be Vamps The shooter can change the bar from Camo to Daggers :P Just as effective !!

Why the hate :) OMG I thought all the recent Vamp movies would build some love !
    Edited by Durham on August 31, 2014 3:24PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's disgusting that a weapon skill is doing this amount of damage. Tell zos they'll nerf it in a hotfix today.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medakon wrote: »

Why do you need to use macros to know when to use animation cancelling? Just require alot of practice and you can do it yourself all the time. Thats how you reach maximize damage per second. I recomend going to trials and practice light attack -- > class/weapon ability --> Light attack ---> class/weapon ability. This is how all the endgame players play. :smile:

Didn't say I use macros.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is easier for some people to cry on the forums about something they don't even understand than to put any effort into practicing weaving in some light attacks.
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

1800 Initial hit
    450 Venom arrow
    650 Camo
    200 Venom arrow
    650 Camo

If you are marked, yes then hold your shield up and walk towards a friendly position. The hypothetical fight you laid out is not an accurate representation of pvp.

The 1,800 damage from Snipe/Venom/Focused shot is high. 1,800 damage is a high tick from snipe. Most people run Impen on their armor so this amount of damage is not common place. If the NB uses their Mark then the target should immediately throw up block and that snipe damage is now pitiful. I never use Mark target because of this.

The attack after snipe can hit for 800 if it is a heavy attack or 450 if its venom but 450 for venom is, again, a bit high.

Now if the target is paying attention and breaks free from the stun they can throw up block and use their class specific sustainability moves.

DKs pop GDB and Reflective Scales while blocking.

Templar can just heal while blocking.

Sorcerers can streak out of there or if they use resto staff they can heal. Honestly I think Sorcerers are the most vulnerable. I tend to kill more sorcerers when ganking.

If the NB used venom arrow then it is likely impossible for them to stealth again without using a potion. The bugged stealth while DoTs are active is the reason for this.

Targets absolutely have the ability to counter this play-style, I see it done daily.

You have to also account for shields like annulment, Ward, etc and friendlies nearby who are paying attention.

If the player is able to judge the outcome of an ambush, is the first to strike, and is geared for ganking then yes they should be hard to counter.

• david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is easier for some people to cry on the forums about something they don't even understand than to put any effort into practicing weaving in some light attacks.

Weaving attacks is so simple, people do it without realizing. It's just easier for people to macro a pattern and eliminate any human error involved. I can see where you would think that requires skill after spening $100 on some naga bs. You're just defending your investment. Go ahead, man. I don't blame you.