Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 22:00 UTC (6:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

[Suggestion] Vampires/Werewolves & The Justice System!

FreedomDude
FreedomDude
✭✭✭
Vampires/Werewolves & The Justice System!

As I am sure you'll know a Justice System (which looks similar to the previous TES game's Justice System) has been announced, but how would an "abomination" of Nirn fit in to this?

I suppose the following:

Vampire

A vampire at stage 4 (blood staved) upon entering a town or city should automatically flagged as a hostile by the local populace, this can be avoided through seeking and/or feeding on humanoids to lower said vampirism stage (stage 3 or below). This being said, a vampire should not be flagged for PvP due to the crime of "Vampirism".

Why have this? Previous Elders Scrolls titles have had this system as a consequence for being a stage 4 vampire (strongest stage, unless you run into fire), remeber Vampires are considered "abominations", would you let this walk around your city?

ze5LKgl.png

Currently there is no real consequence for being a stage 4 vampire.

Werewolf

A werewolf in beast form in a city or town should be attacked on site (I doubt much needs to be said on this).

I think anyone would attack this on site?

werewolf-eso.jpg

For all we know this might be included with the Justice System? But most importantly what do you think about this?

Please share your thoughts and/or improve upon the idea if you wish.

Added a spoiler tag to the original OP to keep things nice and neat.

I'll admit I failed to suggest any changes or new mechanics to help explain the this suggestion.

Putting werewolves aside (it's pretty much black and white with them) I'm going to forward idea(s) which will help balance and allow stage 4 vampires to "hide" from the system:

- Stage 4 vampire is flagged as hostile to city/town NPCs

- Level 2 vampire can unlock an ability called "Mortal's Mask" , this ability when activated can hide player's vampiric appearance (changing players appearance to what it was before they became a vampire). Mortal's Mask ability has no timer but player's magika recovery is halted or halved? (could use suggestions for this).

Mortal's mask ability would allow players to safely do their normal activities within cities as a stage 4 vampire at the cost of no magika recovery or something like that.

An alternative to being killed on site:

- Stage 4 vampire is flagged as "vampire" by city/town NPCs. When a player makes contact with an NPC (merchant, banker etc) there is a 50/50 chance if said NPC interacts with the player, e.g. I approach a merchant as a stage 4 vampire and they may say "I'm not dealing with your kind" or something similar based on that 50/50 chance.

Edited by FreedomDude on August 31, 2014 2:03AM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Skyrim, I could walk around in anything but vampire lord form (floaty gargoyle) and people just commented that I was pale. In Oblivion, people just commented that I was pale, and after a point I started becoming flammable. Though a friend tells me that after a very long time (possibly rl months?) your vampire stage advances and you do become kos.

Anyway, there's precedence to have it or not have it, but towns and all they provide are kind of a necessity.

A lot of us who are vampire do not feed at all, and the benefits would be almost completely nullified by feeding. I would have to go out to pvp for an entire hour for my benefits to kick back in and then would keep npcs also attack me on site?

The downside of not feeding is already having your health bar refuse to move unless you actively heal yourself.

Making it hard for me to access a bank, crafting stations, etc seems excessive, regardless of it making sense.

Vampires need more balancing, but I don't feel such a heavy handed drawback is the way to do it.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stage 4 Vampires have absolutely no health regeneration to speak of. This is balanced by either enchantments (which could be better used somewhere else) or by using drain life (or other self heals). In all, I wouldn't say Vampirism isn't without its weaknesses. The character you have shown there looks like a Dunmer, probably one of the best races to be a Vampire however with Innately better Magicka and Stamina maximums that dovetail nicely with Vampire perks, as well as an innate and strong Fire resistance which offsets the Fire weakness of Vampirism. Bear in mind though, that a Dunmer Vampire represents the corruption of Molag Bal and one of the hated 4 Corners of the House of Troubles.

I actually am not too impressed with the monstrous transformations of vampires in the game. Additionally, I don't view vampires in the TES sense quite the same as I would Blade, or Dracula, or any other set of vampires. They're their own thing, based upon a particular myth but certainly nothing to do with the strigoi of eastern Europe.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus, if I'm going to be attacked in towns, I demand it also flag me for pvp. I would be much more crippled by having to feed being pvp focus, no reason the pve'rs should get to skate by.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • xChewtoyx
    xChewtoyx
    ✭✭✭
    A vampire at stage 4 (blood staved) upon entering a town or city should automatically flagged as a hostile by the local populace, this can be avoided through seeking and/or feeding on humanoids to lower said vampirism stage (stage 3 or below). This being said, a vampire should not be flagged for PvP due to the crime of "Vampirism".
    I'm a stage 4 vampire and will not be participating in the justice system. I won't steal or murder. Flagging me as hostile would be the same as flagging me for PVP because I have no intention to feed. If you did this then you would have to give me some sort of mez aura spell or you would be forcing PVP on me.
    Why have this? Previous Elders Scrolls titles have had this system as a consequence for being a stage 4 vampire (strongest stage, unless you run into fire), remeber Vampires are considered "abominations", would you let this walk around your city?
    I keep myself covered from head to toe at all times. You can't tell by looking at me that I am a vampire
    Whether you think it is real or not 75% slower health regen and 50% more damage from fire is a real consequence to me.

Without changes to your ideas about vampires I think it would be terrible
    Edited by xChewtoyx on August 30, 2014 10:15PM
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. Especially the werewolf stuff.
  • AoEnwyr
    AoEnwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampires/Werewolves & The Justice System!

As I am sure you'll know a Justice System (which looks similar to the previous TES game's Justice System) has been announced, but how would an "abomination" of Nirn fit in to this?

I suppose the following:

Vampire

ze5LKgl.png

Werewolf

A werewolf in beast form in a city or town should be attacked on site (I doubt much needs to be said on this).

I think anyone would attack this on site?

werewolf-eso.jpg

For all we know this might be included with the Justice System? But most importantly what do you think about this?

Please share your thoughts and/or improve upon the idea if you wish.

I agree there needs to be some consequence for choosing to be an abomination. The fact that it also opens up additional skill trees and achievements it feels like the game tries to force you down the path of choosing one or the other. It's starting to feel like Underworld Online not ESO :) I choose not to be either because it doesn't align with my character's principles but also because TES isn't all about vampires/warewolves. So I'm all for a penalty under the justice system.
    This could be running the risk of being arrested or like Oblivion, reduced chance to get information out of npc's because they didn't want anything to do with you (so maybe the persuade/intimidate skills could be affected).
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bear in mind though, that a Dunmer Vampire represents the corruption of Molag Bal and one of the hated 4 Corners of the House of Troubles. .
    Not correct, ESO vampires are offspring of Mother Lamae and we all and our mum hate on grandad Molag
    Edited by Ragefist on August 31, 2014 12:26AM
  • SahrotRein
    SahrotRein
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will shorten this. I disagree with stage 4 vampire being attacked on sight in town. No matter if they are "considered" this or that, think about Count Ravenwatch or Valeric. Ravenwatch has saved whole Rivenspire and possibly whole Nirn, while Valeric has given his blood to you in order to save King Jorrun. If vampires are considered to be abominations, so can Men be. Besides, not to mention all the vampires you meet along your journey, only bloodfiends are evil and are "offsprings of a vampire" as Valeric said. Which means that vampires can be as much good or evil as humans.
    As not everyone is same and just like vampire can be evil, so can be "pure" human being.
    I agree with werewolfs (only transformed form ofcourse) being attacked.
    So, not to make vampires completely worries-free, it'd be of a use to give them a sort of a disadvantage while they are inside a city. Let's say, more expensive repairs and items from vendors, or certain NPC's refusing to talk to you because they are frighten (maybe not being able to talk to even quest giving NPC, though that might be a bit too much).
    EIther way, I'm looking forward to the Justice System :D
    Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as we can fight back.

VR3 Vampire arrives in mid to low level area at stage 4. Locals attack and are wiped out.

Yup, I can live with that. ;)
  • FreedomDude
    FreedomDude
    ✭✭✭
    Updated OP with some ideas. Yes I'm aware stage 4 vampirism has some hefty consequences (My character is a vampire too).
    Edited by FreedomDude on August 31, 2014 2:05AM
  • Araflin
    Araflin
    ✭✭✭
    I have always said being a vampire or a were(whatever) should be more than just a "club" you are in 'cos of a quest or a /zone request for a bite.

Without a disguise, NONE should trade with you.

Guards should actively follow you about waiting to push you from town.

With a disguise.. all is good.. by lore and RP. You come in, trade, leave. Show the "other side" and you are NOT welcome.

I, preferring to be a goblin much of my ESO time, should be equally questionable - but in a more "Awww bless" way (we are always more troublesome in mobs!)
    Same goes for floating clouds of butterflies and walking skeletons too, great visuals but the average vendor would just scream and run inside.

Keep your condition under control or go to "vampire-ville". :smile:

" Brave Clarice. You will let me know when those Nirnroot stop screaming, won't you?"