The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Aldmeri] Greybeards & Gals - Mostly older gamers. Casual group.

rootimus
rootimus
✭✭✭✭✭
Server: North American
Optional: Alts in Ebonheart and Daggerfall.
Focus: Mostly PVE, Grouping, Crafting & Social -- some PvP and Trading.
To Apply: Register on our community forum and then fill out an application.

Currently we have over 100 members from across all time zones and with various play styes and skill levels -- from 3 to VR14.

Our play schedules vary from casual and solo to active, social players who love to group up -- and those whom fall somewhere in-between. Some play every day and others less often - weekends are usually a good time for most of us. Some only play ESO, others spread themselves over a number of games.

You're not considered a number nor treated like one. The guild is quite casual as and each make our own story in Tamriel. The guild has some younger players that fit right in even though we cater to an older, patient and mature audience. We love to laugh and have a good time. We have members working together on both crafting and PvE groups -- our PvP numbers are currently few but we're hoping that will change over time.

More about us:

We began as 3 greybeards & a gal, mostly current and ex-EVE players who put life first and believe games should be fun, its players respectful, helpful and willing to learn and do their best. We have since added several experienced MMO players and are looking to build a core group for VR content. Those not interested in such now are welcome to go at their own pace and run with our alts if and when they want to.

Rules:

The rules are simple — be a decent person and stay, or find another guild home. For the most part the atmosphere is PG-13.

We play as equals with voluntary leaders for various group activities. We have no desire to be your boss/mother/uncle etc. If we have to spell out how you need to behave you’re probably not a good fit.

Who we are looking for:

We welcome those who are mature, somewhat enthusiastic about the game and the guild (even as a casual player) and who treat their fellow guild mates well. We encourage you to make use of our teamspeak server, community forum and guild chat, rather than sit in the corner and never speak.

Have a fantastic day.
Edited by rootimus on November 30, 2014 8:35AM
Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Very lovely people in this guild and good atmosphere. :)
    To quote the original Thief game: Join us, join us, join us now!
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also have good cake.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily bumpage.
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    New and old players are most welcome. And we do tend to help each other out when needed.
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As the frog song goes
    http://youtu.be/gpevZ0-wUYQ
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us recently discovered the joys of Craglorn and are planning on going back for more mayhem. Join us?
  • cyberhazard_ESO
    cyberhazard_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Good times, join us!
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    bumpie the bump
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free skooma for all new members!*
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Always looking for more new members :)
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update day is always a good day to bump.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An orc walks into a snooty elf...
  • Kelsarath
    Kelsarath
    ✭✭
    Hi, I was just looking at your guild and thought it might be a good fit. I'm a 36 year old male (I happen to have gray in my beard, just in case it's a prerequisite) looking for a tight-knit, casual guild who have some room for another. Although I've got a few issues that make me kind of a pain in the ass to have around. I have some social anxiety so when my pills aren't working I tend to withdraw quite a bit so that there's not any unfortunate misunderstandings. Currently I have a VR2 NB (AD), VR12 DK (AD) and a VR10 DK (EP).
    Despite having three VR's, I'm effectively a new player when it comes to group content, I don't know boss/trash strategies inside of Group Dungeons or Trials and haven't run any of them.
    I'd like to run as DPS during group content; I've been playing MMO's for over ten years and in every instance I've either been a tank or healer (with the exception of alt runs and the like) I'd like to spend some time doing damage.
    At this time I'm very interested in finding a guild or even just a group of people that want to do quests in Craglorn (lower and upper). I've only got two friends online and both of them have done bits and pieces of various quests. So there are some points where we've either done different points of the same quests or we only have three people when we need four to progress.
    I'd be more than happy to re-do quests I may have previously done in order to help others catch up or do things I may not have done in order to catch up where applicable, if you have some people that want to do Craglorn and need another.
    I just wanted to make sure that I'm barking up the right tree before I submit any applications. Thanks for your time, I look forward to hearing back from you.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Kelsarath, you definitely sound like you're in the right place. Our application is short and painless and from your post it looks like you'll do fine with us. You'll find that for a wide array of reasons, many of our players have times when they want to play alone so no-one is going to mind you doing it.

I'll keep an eye out for your app.
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bump
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always room for more heroes.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McBump.
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    Sheesh, You guys sound like a perfect fit for me, but both my characters are Covenant. One VR3 and the other level 13.
    I suppose I could start another, but I've got a lot of time in these two...
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rumba, we have some members who have Daggerfall and Ebonheart alts. We'd be happy to have you app in if you're ok with us being primarily Aldmeri and there not being as many grouping opportunities as a result.

Alternatively, if you do decide to roll a Dominion toon, you'll find plenty of help leveling it up. :)
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try rolling out a Dominion type tonight, after all I know Auridon, and Grahtwood almost as well as I do most Covenant territory.
    I'll follow with the app if I don't get sucked up into character creation too much ;)

edit: PS, I'm thinking about going with a Kajiit tank, seems like everybody is looking for tanks or healers.
    Edited by Rumba1 on September 22, 2014 11:20PM
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the guild Rumba :D
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks nemo,
    I've tried twice now to post an intro thread in the Greybeards forum, but neither has appeared..are the posts moderated?
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think Root indeed made something that the first post had to be approved due to spammers. I can't see it myself but will make sure Root will check it out for you.
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    a reasonable precaution,
    Thanks for your help nemo.
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Np Rumba. Welcome to the guild and I hope you enjoy your stay :D
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sun is shining, the birds are singing. Seems like a good day to kill daedra.
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Friday bumb
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're still recruiting. :smile:
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had another good group run last night. They're a regular weekly thing so join us for the next one.
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Did some nice pvp as well. Was good fun >:)