The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

RIP EP raid

Garion
Garion
✭✭✭✭✭
RIP EP.

LPuqpsk.jpg

@ZOS imagine what we could do without an AOE cap :). Where's the skill in zerg balling again, guys?

For context, this is the aftermath of a 7 man AD group (the Banana Squad) taking on a 24 man (and more, with pugs following) bomb group on Chillrend yesterday.

Edited by Garion on August 30, 2014 10:23AM
Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • IKilled007
    IKilled007
    ✭✭✭✭
    7 on 24? Man, you guys got it easy. Try being DC on Thornblade. Our KDRs are in the 80s and we still get overwhelmed.
    The only substitute for victory is overkill.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IKilled007 wrote: »
    7 on 24? Man, you guys got it easy. Try being DC on Thornblade. Our KDRs are in the 80s and we still get overwhelmed.

Got it easy?! We are AD on Chillrend!

prVCcc1.jpg

See kill counter (top right corner) - and the blues STILL take every keep in the evening so they can keep their PvE buffs :(

In any event, it was more a statement on the current metagame and the over abundance of bomb groups :P
    Edited by Garion on August 30, 2014 10:22AM

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I know them feels.

Ran with a group of six all day yesterday, over 400 kills most of them on reds, a fair bit on blues trying to retake Aleswell after we ninjaed it with just the six of us.

That EP zerg is real, not to mention the lag it causes every time it rolls through.

Im starting to like zergbusting. Its pretty funny actually, when you can tell they are dumbfounded as to why the little group isnt dying and they are.

Security in numbers and all of that I suppose.

Been saying it for a long time now, Chillrend EP is the opposite of skilled, in any way. They rely purely on numbers to win in every fight, and the key to destroying them is to control their zerg camp placements. Their entire gameplan is about turtling in chalman and arrius until everyone logs out while burning unlimited camps in the northeast corner where they have 40+ people just spamming impulse behind the postern doors.

Ive literally watched them burn through three camps in 30 seconds before (sixty people died in 30 seconds, seriously?)

The most skilled player on their entire team is whoever is placing those camps, to be fair.

Even still, its a good way to take a ballista and rack up dozens of kills from red ants milling about terrified and confused as to why they are burning... O_o That and I have yet to see them adapt to oil on a flag. Too bad for every 20 you kill another 30 replace them and no matter what you do you eventually get wiped out due to sheer numbers.

its like WWI, just throw bodies at the german machine gunners until they run out of bullets, then overtake positions after all bullets are spent (everyone logs out). Only in this world, I guess soldiers are cheap labor or something, its like super mario with infinite lives for these guys.
    Edited by Rylana on August 30, 2014 10:34AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »

prVCcc1.jpg

See kill counter (top right corner) - and the blues STILL take every keep in the evening so they can keep their PvE buffs :(

In any event, it was more a statement on the current metagame and the over abundance of bomb groups :P

i hear what your saying and agree about the aoe caps.... but tell me how did you achieve this 7 v 24? without becoming a bomb yourself? what your saying is our bombs better than that bomb. hardly something to be happy about.

• Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamon wrote: »

prVCcc1.jpg

i hear what your saying and agree about the aoe caps.... but tell me how did you achieve this 7 v 24? without becoming a bomb yourself? what your saying is our bombs better than that bomb. hardly something to be happy about.

I can tell you now that the group I play with do not bomb, so no I am not saying "my bomb group is better than your bomb group". In fact, we all despise that playstyle. Group composition when we wiped that raid was, IIRC, two sorcerer support players, two templar healers and 3 dd (two NBs and one DK, I think). No immovable, no barrier, no impulse spam. We don't blob up and bomb, we spread out and organise - using our class specific skills to synergise well as a group.

Edited by Garion on August 30, 2014 11:13AM

• SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Been saying it for a long time now, Chillrend EP is the opposite of skilled, in any way. They rely purely on numbers to win in every fight, and the key to destroying them is to control their zerg camp placements. Their entire gameplan is about turtling in chalman and arrius until everyone logs out while burning unlimited camps in the northeast corner where they have 40+ people just spamming impulse behind the postern doors.
    OP's sig shows he is talking about EU Chillrend. There is already one thread for this endless nonsense, thanks.

Edited by SeltzerDuke on August 30, 2014 1:13PM
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    Good job on taking out a zerg.
    But if we all SS and posted threads regarding zergs..

Well, there would be hundreds of threads a day.
    Any organized and skilled group will have no trouble dispatching large numbers.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avidus wrote: »
    Good job on taking out a zerg.
    But if we all SS and posted threads regarding zergs..

Well, there would be hundreds of threads a day.
    Any organized and skilled group will have no trouble dispatching large numbers.

Point 1 - yes, but does everyone do it with just seven people? Point 2, as I stated above, it's more a statement about a need to remove the AOE cap so that more people can deal with these zerg balling (and not a normal zerg) groups.

Edited by Garion on August 30, 2014 1:36PM

• bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

prVCcc1.jpg

It's not the Blues you are talking about - you must be new to Chillrend.
    Man I know them feels.

That EP zerg is real, not to mention the lag it causes every time it rolls through.

its like WWI, just throw bodies at the german machine gunners until they run out of bullets, then overtake positions after all bullets are spent (everyone logs out). Only in this world, I guess soldiers are cheap labor or something, its like super mario with infinite lives for these guys.

We were just saying the other night Ry - Feels like this server has a Stalingrad defense of EP. Only...they seem to have an unlimited amount of fodder. The empress is rather easy to deal with outside of tight spaces - but if you get caught in a tight space...well makes me - a sorcerer - want an AE cap on streak. 5 negates then permbats is just a little over the top.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »

prVCcc1.jpg

It's not the Blues you are talking about - you must be new to Chillrend.
    Man I know them feels.

We were just saying the other night Ry - Feels like this server has a Stalingrad defense of EP. Only...they seem to have an unlimited amount of fodder. The empress is rather easy to deal with outside of tight spaces - but if you get caught in a tight space...well makes me - a sorcerer - want an AE cap on streak. 5 negates then permbats is just a little over the top.

I am EU.

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP EP.

LPuqpsk.jpg

@ZOS imagine what we could do without an AOE cap :). Where's the skill in zerg balling again, guys?

For context, this is the aftermath of a 7 man AD group (the Banana Squad) taking on a 24 man (and more, with pugs following) bomb group on Chillrend yesterday.

More to the question.... do you need to remove an aoe cap if 7 players can take out 24 ?
    You make a good case for L2P... but not a good one for removing aoe caps :)

Nice job on the 24 anyway.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on August 30, 2014 3:22PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And there is skill involved by dropping one of the bat swarm ultimates and spamming impulse like your faction does?

• Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭

prVCcc1.jpg

I can tell you now that the group I play with do not bomb, so no I am not saying "my bomb group is better than your bomb group". In fact, we all despise that playstyle. Group composition when we wiped that raid was, IIRC, two sorcerer support players, two templar healers and 3 dd (two NBs and one DK, I think). No immovable, no barrier, no impulse spam. We don't blob up and bomb, we spread out and organise - using our class specific skills to synergise well as a group.

Only really difference here (besides numbers) is group 1 stacks up in order to avoid damage and group 2 spreads out... clearly a group spreading most be miles more skilled?

When the objective is to avoid damage, as long as you obtain said objective, does it matter how? And as long as obtained I dont think its proper to speak of lack of skill.

If you think hiding a corner doing single target dps on a member on a bomb grp is MUCH more skill then something is wrong with your vision. I'll say again skill in this game is so limited and hear this BS just proves to me a point. Ppl always consider themselves better. Yes, there are noob trains - and gz you wiped them. Bombgrps wipe noobs 4-6 times their numbers on a daily basis.

You dont think a bomb group synergizes and do a lot of group organizing? Imo thats all skill left in the game, try to theorycraft with the lacking info we got.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

prVCcc1.jpg

i,m smelling a rat here. you dropped your UI for the pic so we coudlnt see how many were in your group. and your saying that 7 folk spread out took out a 24 man blob? how spread out could you be standing on a wall?sorry but i,m not buying it.

unless you were all standing with oil pots and the blob ran at you anyway.

Edited by hamon on August 31, 2014 1:30AM
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd say this isn't all it seems to be.

Since I know this group is AD and there's a DC player within aggro range of a guard by the inner keep, it seems to be a DC keep which means the siege ring is likely to be from a DC weapon which would indicate that you had help in taking down that 24 man group from other players (either AD, or more likely DC) and not on your own.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

And there is skill involved by dropping one of the bat swarm ultimates and spamming impulse like your faction does?

touche.

• themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    LOL that lone DC probably wiped them and is waiting to regen before taking on the AD.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tabards on these pictures aren't the ones of my guild. We have seen you a lot guys and I understand why unexperienced players can get suprised. I just have a comment on behalf of the Pact.

We (- Fureur- ) - have a red tabard with a daedric kind of Z/F - usually come in and steamroll your group with one silence and one banner (did it again just 2hours ago on a camp tower where you were hiding). Boring. So graz on being the (only) AD guys annoying EP on Chillrend.

It's like you just play to keep us busy while your scrolls and castles are hold by DC. I just would like to know how do you feel proud of yourself knowing that ?

FYI, even though you are annoying as hell, we still manage to wipe your group and take scrolls from DC every night we are raiding. So if you are so skilled and killing whole raids well... maybe it's about time you level up and show you can do something else than put some oils and make traps for newbies.

Edited by Sotha_Sil on August 31, 2014 11:43PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    The tabards on these pictures aren't the ones of my guild. We have seen you a lot guys and I understand why unexperienced players can get suprised. I just have a comment on behalf of the Pact.

We (- Fureur- ) - have a red tabard with a daedric kind of Z/F - usually come in and steamroll your group with one silence and one banner (did it again just 2hours ago on a camp tower where you were hiding). Boring. So graz on being the (only) AD guys annoying EP on Chillrend.

It's like you just play to keep us busy while your scrolls and castles are hold by DC. I just would like to know how do you feel proud of yourself knowing that ?

FYI, even though you are annoying as hell, we still manage to wipe your group and take scrolls from DC every night we are raiding. So if you are so skilled and killing whole raids well... maybe it's about time you level up and show you can do something else than put some oils and make traps for newbies.

Wait, so what you are saying is that you have killed a 7 - 8 man group with 24+ players? What a accomplishment!

:]
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP EP.

LPuqpsk.jpg

Sick brag. I remember when I had my first beer.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, so what you are saying is that you have killed a 7 - 8 man group with 24+ players? What a accomplishment!

That's not my point. My point is they come here bragging about how skilled they are when they just do nothing on the campaign and AD is dying like hell on Chillrend and all they do is camping towers with oils. That's the kind of accomplishment that is worth knowing. They just ignore the metagame of ESO but nevermind.

If you are on AD and fine with it, well keep saying they do a great job.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on September 1, 2014 11:31AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those yellow guys are class, we had a DC/EP back and forth battle going for a while in the outer bailey of a keep, they just rolled in and ran around killing all comers for some time... really forced both other teams to get organised.

Normally I can break through most defences with my attacks but they way the supported each other was epic!
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not my point. My point is they come here bragging about how skilled they are when they just do nothing on the campaign and AD is dying like hell on Chillrend and all they do is camping towers with oils. That's the kind of accomplishment that is worth knowing. They just ignore the metagame of ESO but nevermind.

Care to enlighten me how exploiting AoE caps is more skillfull?
    Edited by themdogesbite on September 1, 2014 3:05PM
    :]
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't get it ? do you ? I am not talking about Aoe stuff or criticizing the fact they are 7 or whatever. I am just saying Cyrodiil is not just about doing some kills. It's also about getting camps and defending your side -scrolls and/or emperor which seems like these guys don't even try to do. I don't know how I can explain it clearer to you.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on September 1, 2014 6:55PM
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those yellow guys are class, we had a DC/EP back and forth battle going for a while in the outer bailey of a keep, they just rolled in and ran around killing all comers for some time... really forced both other teams to get organised.

Normally I can break through most defences with my attacks but they way the supported each other was epic!

Lol. Friends.
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What I find humorous is the endless supply of vampires on AD side on thornblade NA.

I can kill 10 with one dawnbreaker and still die in seconds cause the AD zerg is filled with bat swarming [snip]. Its funny watching them roll up on a keep push in then when their swarm finishes they all die like nubs.

I'm not sure how this is on other campaigns but that's all DC and AD use on Thronblade it seems. AD more so then DC. I just wish EP sorcerers knew what negate was and used it when these zergs roll threw would save a trouble.

If it wasn't for DC and AD tag teaming us and AD's obvious number advantage EP might have stood a chance.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content.
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on September 2, 2014 7:52AM
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't get it ? do you ? I am not talking about Aoe stuff or criticizing the fact they are 7 or whatever. I am just saying Cyrodiil is not just about doing some kills. It's also about getting camps and defending your side -scrolls and/or emperor which seems like these guys don't even try to do. I don't know how I can explain it clearer to you.

Saw killed you again last night, at least once. Hai.

Edited by Garion on September 2, 2014 7:14AM

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

To be fair, all the factions do this. I can't even tell which bat swarms are ours, and which are theirs.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • aclarkob14_ESO
    I miss EP (Chillrend - US)
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP's problem is simply ego. Once they decide to follow the crown and quit comparing *** size in /zone, then and only then will we stop being the AP farming source for the bananas and blueberries.

ETA I'm amazed that p.enis is censored considering this game is rated Mature
    Edited by Observant on September 2, 2014 3:00PM
    Vehemence