Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't learn Barbaric motif

sr383
sr383
I finally found my first rare motif, a Barbaric. There was much rejoicing until I actually tried to add it to my lore library. I then got this oddball message: "Already Known or - Need Metalworking 7, Tailoring 7, or Woodworking 7, or greater."

I'm at 35 blacksmithing, 33 clothing, and 32 woodworking.

So what gives?
  • sr383
    sr383
    OK. I just got off a chat from support, and it turns out that the error is very poorly worded. It means that I have to learn how to craft using the 7th level material in blacksmithing, woodworking, or clothing. I hadn't bothered since a V1 can't use anything that's quite that high. But she was right. I learned the seventh passive, and I was able to learn the motif. :)
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually adequately worded, the skills in question are called Metalworking, Tailoring, and Woodworking.

The skill lines are Clothing, Blacksmithing, and ... well, Woodworking. That last one could be better.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sr383 wrote: »
    I finally found my first rare motif, a Barbaric. There was much rejoicing until I actually tried to add it to my lore library. I then got this oddball message: "Already Known or - Need Metalworking 7, Tailoring 7, or Woodworking 7, or greater."

I'm at 35 blacksmithing, 33 clothing, and 32 woodworking.

So what gives?

Have you invested 7 skill points into the first skill in any of those crafts??, it's the one that determines what materials you can craft in.

If you have invested at least seven skill points then it's got to be a bug, if not well invest away.

PS while the level you have them at would suggest you have invested enough skill points, I'm assuming nothing.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Dweebert
    Dweebert
    ✭✭
    My main/Crafter is an Imperial. I have every Motif consumed except the Imperial. I have the same issue with the Imperial motif, Already known. In the achievement category I have all motifs shown as completed, But in the lore library I do not have it shown as consumed...
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dweebert wrote: »
    My main/Crafter is an Imperial. I have every Motif consumed except the Imperial. I have the same issue with the Imperial motif, Already known. In the achievement category I have all motifs shown as completed, But in the lore library I do not have it shown as consumed...

Well an Imperial character already knows imperial style, thus can't learn it. Maybe raise a ticket in game for advice, only other option is to pass it to a non-imperial alt and learn it that way.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Several weeks ago I logged a ticket on Imperials not knowing the Imperial motif book within the Eidetic Memory list. Sounds like another ticket from another player is needed, although judging from all of the missing books in this list, these problems are not a pressing concern for ZOS, nor should they be. ZOS did fix the Rare Style Master achievement bug us Imperials experienced because of not knowing the Imperial motif. That is as good as it will get any time soon.