Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should the crafting mats in Cyrodiil be bumped up to max level?

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The crafting mats - the ore, wood, clothing fiber plants and most importantly runestones - are still stuck at their level 50 status that existed prior to the level increase in Cyrodiil that occurred with 1.2.

Should all of these mats be bumped up to their max level (voidstone ore, nightwood, void bloom and the Kude/Kura/Kuta runestones)?

This might seem like a simple decision but in order for the max level leather mats (shadowhide) to drop, the wolves, lions and such would most likely need to be bumped up to VR9 or higher. That might, if not most likely would, require all mobs including keep guards to be bumped up to VR9 or higher. Does this matter? Or should leather users simply lose out given how the other crafting mats can exist at other levels that are independent of the shadowhide dropping animals? Or is everything fine as it is now and players should buy their mats/goods or visit a PVE zone for them?
Edited by LonePirate on August 29, 2014 9:10PM

Should the crafting mats in Cyrodiil be bumped up to max level? 22 votes

Yes, even if the keep NPCs are bumped up to a higher level
63%
IcyDeadPeopleKewljag_66_ESORifraff_ESOMorvulfrosth.darkomenb16_ESOLava_CroftMatuzess7732425ub17_ESOArkathOrchishthemizariodbishopSorisFluffiestOne 14 votes
Yes, but only if the keep NPCs remain at their current VR5 level
13%
KevinmonVegarothDrjones501 3 votes
No way, no how
18%
PudinAldarennKariTRToRelax 4 votes
I have no opinion either way
4%
LonePirate 1 vote
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way, no how
    Keep guards are strong enough and I don't need anyone only coming to Cyrodiil for farming mats, so just let them at lvl 50...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be great.
    I'd go as far as wanting the max level ores to be available only in Cyrodiil.

It would do wonders to have people farming and be vulnerable to ganking. Great way to have small scale combat and retain an open world feel.
  • dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Seems silly to be in an area that requires VR14 (soon) gear but have mats that are useless.

Might also please the pvd qq'ers as the guards start hitting harder.
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way, no how
    Wonder how a L10 will get into VR14 gear - I'd like to see that. Oh wait a minute, my VR12 has far from top level gear and does fine.

As it is already, it is a great place for lower level characters to get relatively high level resources and is the best place for aspect rune farming.