Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Creating ESO: Dragonstar Arena"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Creating ESO: Dragonstar Arena. We hope you enjoyed this behind-the-scenes look at how Dragonstar Arena was created. Don't forget to participate in the Dragonstar Arena challenge we're holding on the PTS right now!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Lindur
    Lindur
    the armour set on the side, amazing! looks like dunmer armour
  • MartinXKid
    MartinXKid
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for some challenge!
    "War ..... War never changes"
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the same endgame feature is also divided to two difficulties, this is a nice addition in my opinion.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    looks like ebony armor style now i wanna see the medium and light version
    Edited by Mettaricana on August 29, 2014 5:29AM
  • Lipizzan
    Lipizzan
    ✭✭
    If each area has its own natural effects/disasters, they should effect the bad guys as well. Since this hasn't been released yet, I don't know if that is the plan or not. It would make things more interesting, as people could attempt to maneuver the enemies into these hazards instead of simply trying to avoid them.
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Lipizzan wrote: »
    If each area has its own natural effects/disasters, they should effect the bad guys as well. Since this hasn't been released yet, I don't know if that is the plan or not. It would make things more interesting, as people could attempt to maneuver the enemies into these hazards instead of simply trying to avoid them.

They actually allow you to use some of these hazards to damage the enemys aswell, been playing on the PTS 1.4 alot :smile:
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heckling! Anything involving heckling is a plus in my book. I look forward to trying this out!
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EBONY ARMOR, [Split] YEAH!

[Edit to remove profanity]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 20, 2021 3:23AM
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• ValerieKyrie
    ValerieKyrie
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Arena the name of the first Elder Scrolls game? Finally getting back to our roots!
    Edited by ValerieKyrie on August 30, 2014 2:56PM
  • elrusho1
    elrusho1
    ✭✭
    Will the samurai style banner (shown in the post header image)

F479fSH.jpg

Be usable in game? and more importantly will we be able to use our guild's logo on the flag???
    Edited by elrusho1 on August 31, 2014 3:51PM
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I recently made it to VR1 on my first character, an Altmer sorc mage, so I am very excited that 4 person groups will have cool new content! I don't know enough players well enough to be able to do 12 person trials so this will definitely help many new players, like me! Cheers
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Kanrethad_Ebonlocke
    Kanrethad_Ebonlocke
    Soul Shriven
    Wasn't Arena the name of the first Elder Scrolls game? Finally getting back to our roots!
    "Nirn" also means "Arena" in Ehlnofex language, so yes.
    The call of the arena has beguiled countless heroes—some simply cannot resist the thrill of a bloody struggle for survival, the deafening roar of adoring fans
    I see what they did there!
  • Klashnikov
    It's so cool! Why does it remind me of Fable lol. Either way I can't wait for this update. I hope they keep adding to the arena to keep it fresh because I can tell this is probably something I will be playing a lot.
  • Pucko82
    Pucko82
    ✭✭
    good idea! but what about Fixing the game first? :/
  • matronicon
    matronicon
    Soul Shriven
    Really unimpressed at this. As a solo player, what is there left for me to do at V12?! So bored of just running around aimlessly for days on end. Why am I paying £8.99/month for this?! If I wanted to run around aimlessly I could do it for free on Second Life. Give us solo players some new content!
  • harmaahukkaeb17_ESO
    harmaahukkaeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I can understand very well your frustration matronicon. As a solo player this game ends when u'll reach VR12. My main hobby is atm to pick herbs and flowers and open chests in Grag. I think that's not what i waiting for my RPG's.

I know this is a MMO, but all other MMO's what i've played from 90's gives to a single player aswell a possibility to develope his character more and more, year after year.... New maps would be one way to solve this "stucked"-feeling, or/and endless character development.
  • Zeth163
    Zeth163
    i havent had a chance to look at it but will the arena allow pvp at all or is just pve? just wondering gonna play either way. also if there is pvp will there be the possibility for other players to bet on who will win in game
    Bring fourth the Four Horsemen and let the Apocalypse judge the wicked