The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Launcher problem

Zallanon
Zallanon
Soul Shriven
I run the launcher as an administrator and the window opens and says loading with the picture in the background (which cycles) and that is all. If I go to the sidebar and right click, choose close window, "Updating Applications" flashes and then the client window appears with no "Play" button and the update bar is there at 0% and not moving. I go to the "Game Options" gear in the center of the screen and the only option is "Settings" (no repair or any other option). If I right click on the sidebar icon again and hit close window nothing happens, I can click the close icon in the upper right corner of the launcher window and the window disappears but the sidebar icon still is active and needs task manager to close.

Going through the forums to try to find solutions I have tried, removing all addons and settings, deleting the ProgramData folder in the launcher folder. The funny thing is I can run the game if I bypass the launcher entirely but that will only work until the next patch. Is there anyway to run the "Repair" function manually? Or has anyone else had this problem and found a workaround?
  • ZOS_CarolusS
    ZOS_CarolusS
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @Zallanon,
    this can be caused by specific settings in your Internet options that block the launcher from executing correctly.
    Please ensure that Automatic configuration Script and Proxy Server are disabled in your Internet options. You can find these settings by opening the Control Panel, selecting Internet Options. Then click Connections on the top panel and there you can find the LAN-Settings. In this window, make sure that Automatic configuration Script and Proxy Server are disabled (unchecked).
    Once these settings are applied, restart your computer for them to take effect and try starting the launcher again.

If this issue still persists after rebooting, let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Zallanon
    Zallanon
    Soul Shriven
    Ah yes I did try that, all that is checked is the Autodetect settings, but I did check again and it never hurts to reboot so did that too. I also opened the suggested ports in my router for the game and the problem persists, @ZOS_CarolusS thanks for your quick response by the way.
    Edited by Zallanon on August 28, 2014 1:48AM
  • DennaGayne
    I worked with Tech support on this exact issue after the monday patch. After two days I figured out that the launcher update made it so that the patcher isn't recognizing certain types of storage (like external storage devices) as valid filepaths. I had to move my game folder and my launcher folder both to my C: drive. When I ran the launcher that way, it patched the game, and I was able to move the files back to my external hard drive. I can run the game directly from there as long as I do not use the launcher. They said they'll be patching the launcher soon to fix this, but in the meantime, if you are able to move your files to a "valid" drive by the launcher's standards, you might be able to patch it that way.

I hope this was helpful, and if not, then I'm sorry you're having these issues!
  • Zallanon
    Zallanon
    Soul Shriven
    @DennaGayne I have been messing around with it and you are exactly right I have the same issue. My boot drive is an SSD and I prefer having stuff that ends up getting a bunch of read/writes on an external. I'll keep limping along until they patch the installer. Thanks very much for the reply :)