The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] API Command: UnequipItem( equipmentSlot ) & 2 graphic issues

Wykkyd
Wykkyd
✭✭✭✭✭
FIRST ISSUE: UnequipItem( equipmentSlot )

This command randomly becomes unresponsive and locks up. It can happen on the 1st occurrence of that command, or the 40th. Once it happens you have to /reloadui at least twice or completely reload the game in order to clear it.

This occurred both in addons, and issuing the command after a fresh login via /script commands, IE: /script UnequipItem( 20 ) <<< that should unequip the backup main hand weapon, which in my testing was a staff, or a bow, or a greatsword... simply wouldn't work, randomly, at times. No reason, no error, no anything. It just did nothing.

This was discovered while testing fixes for Wykkyd's Outfitter. This bug was causing my add-on's gear swaps to hang errantly and without warning or reason. Even with the add-on disabled and not running whatsoever, this error can be re-created with just a few attempts (you have to know the equipment slot id's, but otherwise you just issue a few of these commands and eventually, randomly, it will lock up and stop responding).

This is fairly critical.

SECOND ISSUE: Gear graphics // Character draw

When you swap gear, or even toggle active weapon-set, the game does not always re-paint or update the character model in game properly. This has the effect of say, swapping from Light to Heavy but still showing up in game as wearing Light armor. The character sheet is correct, and the weapons/equipment usually works correctly (it has, occasionally, not worked correctly even though properly equipped). I have a hack in Outfitter right now that double-toggles the helm display setting (off and back on, or on and back off) to force the character to re-paint and this solves the issue about 80% of the time.

THIRD ISSUE: Action Bar icons

This bug is more detrimental than the last one. Occasionally if you use API commands to re-map skills to the action bar, the icons will stay in their prior state. Swapping weapons a few times clears this up in MOST cases but about 50% of the time if the icons are wrong your attacks don't fire. This one is pretty bad and I don't have a "helm toggle hack" that I can use to get the users around it.

All three are game bugs, but represent themselves to a greater degree in the eyes of add-on users. The add-ons themselves are not causing the bugs as these bugs can also occur with 0 addons installed.
  • You can recreate issue 1 with simple API commands without using an addon... simply executing the ZOS-provided functions, they occasionally break.
  • You can recreate issue 2 just by opening your bags and clicking gear into your slots extremely fast. Or by swapping weapons frequently, it occasionally just falls out of sync on its own.
  • You can recreate issue 3 by using script commands against the normal ZOS-provided functions. Do so too quickly and they get stuck, or hung, on the displayed bar.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ - Is there a lead dev/community rep we should be coordinating UI/API bugs with?