The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unable to get past character select screen for 3 days-An Unknown Error has occured.

cac1977ub17_ESO
Starting this past Thursday my game would crash whenever I used a wayshrine or loaded a new area. The only error I receive is "An Unknown Error has Occurred" It is not specific to any one character or area. Then, on Saturday after it happened again I was unable to progress past the character select screen. No matter which character I tried to log in I get the loading screen then it goes black and I get the same generic error. I have updated, repaired, completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still no luck. The weird thing is I can log into my account just fine on my husband's PC and he can log into his account just fine on my PC but for some reason I cannot log into my account on my PC. We have removed all add ons, uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics card drivers but nothing seems to work. I submitted a ticket to tech support with my game consultant file and very detailed information but I have not gotten a response at all to even indicate they received my info.
Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas on what we might try to fix it?
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cac1977ub17_ESO,

If you're still experiencing the "unknown error" and you currently have an open ticket with our Support Team, you will be receiving an update shortly with some troubleshooting steps that should help to resolve the issue.

Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Koreanwonder
    Koreanwonder
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any updated info on this problem? What are the steps to fix it? Are we still on hold and waiting for a response? I think it would be nice to have the solution posted for everyone with this issue to find.

Thanks!
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Koreanwonder,

Our teams have identified a resolution for this issue.
    If you’re still experiencing this issue, please reach out to our Support Team with your Game Consultant File so that an agent can work with you directly to resolve the problem.

As a reminder, please do not post your Game Consultant File on the forums, as it does contain private information about your computer.

If you already submitted a ticket, do not hesitate to answer it for updating it. One of our agent will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • cac1977ub17_ESO
    The issue was with an add on. I had removed the data files when I did a new install of the game, but I had forgotten to go back into the add on option at log in and unclick them. After I did that it worked just fine. Such a shame since I was only using two add ons, both very helpful with selling things.