The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Looking for suggestions

blindhawk333
blindhawk333
✭✭
I am still very new to the game, currently still leveling my sorcerer, but I would like to try leveling a DW dark elf NB...any suggestions on starting out, as far as skill line choices, and if I should just distribute my attribute points in magicka/health and ignore stam or should I drop some in stamina...while leveling.

I plan on wearing a mix of light/medium armor (unless you think it is worth something to also level heavy armor) and also leveling a destro staff as my secondary weapon.

Again, just looking for some pointers starting out and thank you in advance for the tips and time :smile:
Edited by blindhawk333 on August 23, 2014 6:04PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can put a few points in stam if you want, it does some good, but don't overdo it, mostly go for health and magicka.

Dunmer (Dark Elves) have good passives for fire damage which work with fire staffs, so invest in those, and the destro staff skills. The first spell from the destruction staff skill lines is great for knocking back enemies, preventing swamping, consider it, and later impulse too.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on August 25, 2014 12:32PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    Alex - he was asking about a new NB char. I can only tell you that right now stamina is quite underpowered. They are giving it buffs, but no telling how long till it is caught up. That said, I think it would be best to put stamina and magica evenly if u are sticking with pve. You will be relying a lot on your class skills which all take magica. I am not knowledgeable exactly how to build a DW, but my main is nb. Make sure to stack your crit chance because you will need to take out mobs from stealth as much as possible, and crit stacks with sneak attack bonus for major damage.
    Guildmaster of Decimation Elite
    "Take all that you can, and give nothing back!"
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rologue wrote: »
    Alex - he was asking about a new NB char.

Sorry, missed that, not sure how I missed it, but I did.

I've taken out the irrelevant bits, much shorter.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 1H/S NB w/Stick has all points in Health and I use Glyphs to add in Mana or Stamina. This is during leveling, as it allows you try different things and to use skills as they become available be they Magic or Stamina Based. Then once you get into either the VR Ranks or the high 40's, then you can respec your point mix based on the Armor Set your wearing, the jewelery you have and the skills you use the most. You can get the gold cost to respec in an hour in a public dungeon.

Remember, Health keeps you alive, skills just end the battle sooner. The goal, outside of Trials, is to outlast your enemies, and have enough left in the tank to handle another mob that may come along before your ready.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think dark elves get bonus on dual wielding if I remember right.
  • blindhawk333
    blindhawk333
    ✭✭
    they get a dual wield bonus.