The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Let's talk about Utility - Stamina Vs Magicka

Asherrion
Asherrion
So, recently I made the switch from the FOTM (maybe it's FOTY at this point) Magicka build on my nightblade. I levelled DW and changed to healer pre-craglorn. Was a lot of fun, love healing. Keep in mind I primarily PvE in my trials guild.

Now, I just came back from a bit of a game hiatus due to financial issues. Since I came back Nightblade's are now "topping charts" with their simplistic and boring Funnel Health/Crippling Grasp Rotation. Being a caster DPS didn't apply to me so I swapped back to my levelling roots.

Let me say this first: Stamina DPS in trials is completely viable and does ok. Here say blah blah some guy on forums etcetera. I did 1k DPS on Storm Atro and 850 on the mage this to me is an acceptable DPS level although not as good as magicka. Where Stamina is lacking is utility. One of the biggest problems IMO isn't the fact that stamina DPS is on the same pool as CC break or Sprinting, the problem lies in the lack of utility comparative to the magicka abilities. No.. you can't cast healing Springs in a group to offheal efficiently. No you can't build ulti fast enough to cover every second negate or Veil, No you can't spam Sap Essence in AoE pulls for extra group heal safety because you have a small magicka bar. You can't run rapid maneuvres because that will KILL your stamina bar. You can't run anything but a Flawless Dawnbreaker as an ulti because it's the only ulti that give you a Stamina DPS increase, and no, you shouldn't be using your damage class abilities because their damage sucks and isn't worthwhile for the most part ( only time this is changed is for myself is for Execute(Impale) and using Focused Attacks for stam regen)... I think you get my point.

So my question to you ZoS, assuming you do eventually make Stamina and Magicka DPS on par with each other(I believe in you guys). What Kind of Utility do you believe a stamina DPS could bring that makes trials safer, easier to complete or straight up brings something that a magicka DPS can't.

Thank you for taking the time to read the post
Asherrion/Babzy-Ebonheart Pact NA
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age of Conan took years to grant an additional bar so that stamina users can keep up with magika!