Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What level soul gem to revive in Cyrodil

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
Say you're level 30 and you go off traipsing in Cyrodil and you inevitably get killed by NPC or player (at least I do). Will your current stock of level 30 soul gems revive you, or do you need vet level soul gems to revive?
Thanks for any response.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stupid as this may sound, you will sadly need lvl50 Soulgems : /
    Edited by Yusuf on August 20, 2014 4:16PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game battle levels you to 50. Put the skill points into the passive that has a chance to trap souls from a melee kill and you will fill up your gems.

Problem that I ran into, and it may be because I did not explore enough, was I had to use AP to buy things in Cyrodill, not Gold. But, I could not buy the soul gems or glyphs that I needed in the rest of the map as I was not VR Level yet. So, no AP, no Gems or Glyphs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that I guess I could buy soul gems from a merchant anywhere in Tamriel, but I'm also thinking that filled gems at lvl 50 would be outrageously expensive, and unfilled gems would require me to kill level 50 enemies which is very unlikely (being I'm level 30).

I had a quirky experience with Forward Camps which are an alternative to soul gems: When I did Cyro training I got a complimentary forward camp which I set up near a quest area. The first time I was killed the forward camp wasn't within the options I could choose to revive; the 2nd time, it was, and I revived there. The third time, the forward camp was not an option again. I'm not sure what was going on with that, but overall it's discouraging to have to make those long treks repeatedly. There's been a number of times when I just left Cyrodil because I didn't want to make the same long journey to the area I was exploring.

This leads to another question: If you journeyed through Cyrodil with a companion, and you died, could you do a "Travel to Player"?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caroloces wrote: »
    I'm thinking that I guess I could buy soul gems from a merchant anywhere in Tamriel, but I'm also thinking that filled gems at lvl 50 would be outrageously expensive, and unfilled gems would require me to kill level 50 enemies which is very unlikely (being I'm level 30).

Your Battle Leveled, so you have enough power to take on the enemies you will face, don't worry about that. Your not really level 30 once you go to Cyrodiil. Your not a true Level 50 either as you won't have as many skill points as someone who went out and found all the skyshards along the way to 50. But you will have enough points if you focus on combat/defense skills. In other words, respec out your crafting points into skills that keep you alive.

Yes, Filled Gems are expensive, but empty ones are cheap. As I said in the post above, I did not explore a huge amount of Cyrodiil, but I could not find any merchants that sold Gems or anything else in Cheydinall or Chorrol. So, I don't know if you can buy the gems while your there if you don't have Alliance Points.

However, befriend a VR Ranked player, and they can buy the gems for you in the VR Instanced areas, and then sell them to you via COD emails. The empty ones are about 120 gold or so for that level. If you can't find anyone, send me a note tonight in the game and I will sell you some soul gems for what they cost.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Nestor. I just went back to work (work in a school) so I haven't been playing much on weekday nights, but I'll mail you in-game when I go on sometime this weekend.

My PVP skills leave much to be desired (I have yet to kill another player, LOL), but I'm assuming the NPCs in Cyro are lvl 50.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The game battle levels you to 50. Put the skill points into the passive that has a chance to trap souls from a melee kill and you will fill up your gems.

Problem that I ran into, and it may be because I did not explore enough, was I had to use AP to buy things in Cyrodill, not Gold. But, I could not buy the soul gems or glyphs that I needed in the rest of the map as I was not VR Level yet. So, no AP, no Gems or Glyphs.

You can get them from Cyrodiil mob drops in dungeons and such as other PvE content.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Yes, Filled Gems are expensive, but empty ones are cheap. As I said in the post above, I did not explore a huge amount of Cyrodiil, but I could not find any merchants that sold Gems or anything else in Cheydinall or Chorrol. So, I don't know if you can buy the gems while your there if you don't have Alliance Points.

Buy soul gems from Quartermasters in Keeps. Every Keep/Fort has one. There are also merchants in your alliance home areas.
    Edited by Srugzal on August 21, 2014 1:30AM
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caroloces wrote: »
    Thanks, Nestor. I just went back to work (work in a school) so I haven't been playing much on weekday nights, but I'll mail you in-game when I go on sometime this weekend.

My PVP skills leave much to be desired (I have yet to kill another player, LOL), but I'm assuming the NPCs in Cyro are lvl 50.

They're all VR5. Which is really Level 50 + 40 points added to their base stats. Yeah, you can kill them, their manna pool isn't that much bigger than your (battle boosted) stats, but don't take on too many until you get the hang of how hard they will hit you. That goes double for casters, trolls, Harvesters, and other nasties.

I'm not talking about guards. That's another story. I mean NPCs in PvE areas/quests/delves.
  • Celestially
    Celestially
    ✭✭✭
    This helps now I know you need lvl 50 to revive your teammates thanks.