The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VR14 and New Ninth Crafting Trait (Nirnhoned) Coming in Update 1.4

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The max level is increasing to VR14 effective with the upcoming 1.4 update due to be released in September.

Also, a new, ninth crafting trait, Nirnhoned, is coming and will be available only in the new Upper Craglorn region and PVP gear bags.

See this thread for the official announcement from ZOS:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/127711/pts-patch-notes-v1-4-0
Edited by LonePirate on August 19, 2014 6:49PM
  • Ladiev
    Ladiev
    ✭✭
    I haven't yet had time to experience the PTS to see this ninth trait myself.
    But I'm hoping there's some research time exception for learning this trait, so this wont screw over people who already have 8 traits researched by making us wait over a month to be able to craft this new trait (given it is even useful at all)
    Edited by Ladiev on August 19, 2014 7:45PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned, 54 days to research....... Guess I will not be testing crafting this
  • rainith2000nub18_ESO
    So I don't have the PTS installed (and don't really want to do that), but what does this new trait do? Is it weapon or armor?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

30 days, check your blacksmithing skill tab, the research one now goes to 4 tiers with the last bonus limiting research time to 30 days max
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

30 days, check your blacksmithing skill tab, the research one now goes to 4 tiers with the last bonus limiting research time to 30 days max

Could expand you expand on this for clarity? For instance, does Metallurgy for Blacksmithing still have 3 skill levels to it or is it now 4? Have you found any other changes?
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned is spell resistance as a trait, for those wondering, for armor. For weapons it's a chance to proc a spell resist buff.

From PTS discussion thread. Can't say I like the 30 days to learn it, but it sounds like everything beyond the 8 is going to be 30 days. At least they capped it, I guess.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the new 9 trait armor sets are nice
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    What does it do
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increases spell resistance.
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    Increases spell resistance.

So it's worthless.
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

Could expand you expand on this for clarity? For instance, does Metallurgy for Blacksmithing still have 3 skill levels to it or is it now 4? Have you found any other changes?

Its now 4

and no on other changes so far...
  • Grimbim
    Grimbim
    ✭✭
    Also the new 9 trait armor sets are nice

Are there new crafted armor sets in 1.4? Can you post a screenshot please?
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically.. Spent 3 more POINTS to get level 4 crafting on Wood, Heavy and Cloth. CAP at 30 days for things and get 25% faster.

WHY no 4th ITEM researched? Seems a little LAME we didn't get that feature. The 5% less didn't seem to budge my timelines by much on several crafts I have in the works.

PLUS having to now chase a stupid quest for very little to gain. Spell Resistance most light armored folks (IE: Majority of players) are capped already on that one.