The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Where are the good motif/recipe/style stone farming locations within EP?

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I play a single character and I leveled him through the EP zones fairly quickly. I did spend plenty of time exploring during the process but I cannot remember a single building in any of the five EP zones that I would consider to be a good place to farm racial motifs, recipes and racial style crafting stones.

Both AD and DC have excellent locations for farming these items, namely the Vulkhel Guard Bank in AD and the Wayrest Treasury for DC, just to name two. EP has nothing comparable. Did I simply miss it? If so, where is a good spot? There are plenty of great provisioning ingredient locations. There's just nothing for these items that I can remember.

ETA: My question is in regard to what building or location has numerous containers that store these items as most EP locations only have 1-3 of these types of containers. Are there any buildings that have around 10 or so of these containers?
Edited by LonePirate on August 19, 2014 2:55PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like all other zones, Furniture, Chests/Trunks and Backpacks.

I get most of my Racials, Traits Gems and Upgrade Tempers from Deconstruction. The Extraction Passives really have an impact on what you get.
    Edited by Nestor on August 19, 2014 2:20PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Just like all other zones, Furniture, Chests/Trunks and Backpacks.

I get most of my Racials, Traits Gems and Upgrade Tempers from Deconstruction. The Extraction Passives really have an impact on what you get.

Yes, I know what containers house these items. I am wondering what locations have numerous containers. The most containers in a single location or building that I can recall is four whereas the other factions have places with a dozen or more.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Yes, I know what containers house these items. I am wondering what locations have numerous containers. The most containers in a single location or building that I can recall is four whereas the other factions have places with a dozen or more.

Manor Houses and Banks tend to have the most furniture. Also, Inns and Guild Halls can have them. Wayrest bank probably has the most in one room on one floor. But, so does the Daggerfall Bank for instance. I have just started the EP, so not sure where the farmilicous buildings are in that zone.

All containers reset each time you log in. So, you can log in, farm, then log out, log back in and farm again. Note, if you do this set yourself to Offline so all your friends don't see the login/logout spam while you do this.

Also, I really think it is best to find 3 or 4 buildings to farm rather than just one as I find a nice drop in about every other building. I may already have it, but it is still a nice drop.

Edited by Nestor on August 19, 2014 7:18PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dragonheart013
    Best building I've seen so far in EP is the Fighter's Guild Hall in Mournhold. The Palace there wasn't too bad either, and there were a multitude of fancy houses with containers to loot too.