The issues related to logging in to the European megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Veteran Crypt of Hearts - Suggestion

Panda244
Panda244
✭✭✭✭✭
So, we finally beat it after about an hour. And after learning each bosses phases/waves of adds and such I found that the second to last boss is ridiculous in more ways than one. It deals **** damage and about every 20%ish it picks up all four group mates, brings them in close, and then wacks them for about 15-20% damage. Now, thats not bad, whats bad is what comes after. All four members are knocked down and cannot get up, then four gigantic circles appear and if you're standing in it you die. The timing for getting out of the knock down and getting out of the circle leaves you with nearly a one second window to get out, and these circles are insta kill for about 4k. And the safe areas are so small one to two seconds is not near enough to get to them. I simply propose reducing the size of these circles by a reasonable amount or reducing their damage, and maybe putting a DoT after the initial damage so it WILL kill you if the healer goofs. If that isn't a reasonable suggestion then remove the knock down from the bosses grope attack so you have time to get out of the red, like I said. The fight is doable but its really based on luck, we had about one guy die everytime the boss grabbed us. Also a tip, have your 4 members stand on the 4 sides of the boss, it doesn't do much but it spreads the giant red circle out a lil more.
Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
#FreeGooey
#FreeAsgari
#FreeAoE
#FreeSubtomik
#FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting that the boss is actually easier the fewer ppl you are. On our first try, both DPS died and the tank and healer finished him off from ~50% health. It was slow but easy. I've even solo'd him from around 25%.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

    Chimaira - Raidgroup Hydra - Chimaira.eu

    Friskyttarna.eu
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »
    It's interesting that the boss is actually easier the fewer ppl you are. On our first try, both DPS died and the tank and healer finished him off from ~50% health. It was slow but easy. I've even solo'd him from around 25%.

    Haha, exactly. The fewer people the fewer circles so the easier it is to get out. I dunno, this boss is just weird. The rest of them all have their regular phases/attacks that you can dodge and then you get to this one and with four people its just like. "Nope nope nope!"
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

    #FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

    Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    So, we finally beat it after about an hour. And after learning each bosses phases/waves of adds and such I found that the second to last boss is ridiculous in more ways than one. It deals **** damage and about every 20%ish it picks up all four group mates, brings them in close, and then wacks them for about 15-20% damage. Now, thats not bad, whats bad is what comes after. All four members are knocked down and cannot get up, then four gigantic circles appear and if you're standing in it you die. The timing for getting out of the knock down and getting out of the circle leaves you with nearly a one second window to get out, and these circles are insta kill for about 4k. And the safe areas are so small one to two seconds is not near enough to get to them. I simply propose reducing the size of these circles by a reasonable amount or reducing their damage, and maybe putting a DoT after the initial damage so it WILL kill you if the healer goofs. If that isn't a reasonable suggestion then remove the knock down from the bosses grope attack so you have time to get out of the red, like I said. The fight is doable but its really based on luck, we had about one guy die everytime the boss grabbed us. Also a tip, have your 4 members stand on the 4 sides of the boss, it doesn't do much but it spreads the giant red circle out a lil more.
    Its the easiest boss in there. Leave your tank in another room.bring in your dps and heal. The circles are minimized and the fight is easy ad all hell . Just dodge roll to clear ground.


    The major thing wrong with Coh is the rewards are horrible
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    So, we finally beat it after about an hour. And after learning each bosses phases/waves of adds and such I found that the second to last boss is ridiculous in more ways than one. It deals **** damage and about every 20%ish it picks up all four group mates, brings them in close, and then wacks them for about 15-20% damage. Now, thats not bad, whats bad is what comes after. All four members are knocked down and cannot get up, then four gigantic circles appear and if you're standing in it you die. The timing for getting out of the knock down and getting out of the circle leaves you with nearly a one second window to get out, and these circles are insta kill for about 4k. And the safe areas are so small one to two seconds is not near enough to get to them. I simply propose reducing the size of these circles by a reasonable amount or reducing their damage, and maybe putting a DoT after the initial damage so it WILL kill you if the healer goofs. If that isn't a reasonable suggestion then remove the knock down from the bosses grope attack so you have time to get out of the red, like I said. The fight is doable but its really based on luck, we had about one guy die everytime the boss grabbed us. Also a tip, have your 4 members stand on the 4 sides of the boss, it doesn't do much but it spreads the giant red circle out a lil more.
    Its the easiest boss in there. Leave your tank in another room.bring in your dps and heal. The circles are minimized and the fight is easy ad all hell . Just dodge roll to clear ground.


    The major thing wrong with Coh is the rewards are horrible
    Yeah lol, it's the favourite fight of my tank - he just leaves the room and goes out for a smoke XD

    Seriously a piece of cake with just 3 people. I lagged a bit last time we did it so didn't roll in time, but since the dps did roll, our circles never overlapped and we made it jut fine^.^ Easy.
  • Sasky
    Sasky
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Seriously a piece of cake with just 3 people. I lagged a bit last time we did it so didn't roll in time, but since the dps did roll, our circles never overlapped and we made it jut fine^.^ Easy.

    Yeah, it is a bit odd that it's a ton easier with only 3 people since they can easily go to different areas and not overlap circles.

    You mentioned you didn't roll - is it possible doing it 4-man the tank is supposed to not roll and the other 3 roll to get your separation?
    Sasky (Zaniira, Daggerfall Covenant)
    Addons: AutoInvite, CyrHUD, Others
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sasky wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Seriously a piece of cake with just 3 people. I lagged a bit last time we did it so didn't roll in time, but since the dps did roll, our circles never overlapped and we made it jut fine^.^ Easy.

    Yeah, it is a bit odd that it's a ton easier with only 3 people since they can easily go to different areas and not overlap circles.

    You mentioned you didn't roll - is it possible doing it 4-man the tank is supposed to not roll and the other 3 roll to get your separation?
    Hm. I don't know, that might be an idea. Maybe I'll see if we can check it next time we're in CoH:)

    Probably still easier with 3 people though XD Amusing.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    last boss is much harder:)
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    Community Ambassador
    Cody wrote: »
    last boss is much harder:)

    This is true... on the thread topic itself, the "circle" boss is really simple to beat :) though. Everyone goes on a separate side (left, right, front, back) of where you start forming a + or X sign basically on top of the boss. When you get picked up, during the stun rotate your camera and look behind you and determine where you need to roll... then quickly hit the dodgeroll key you have bound and steer yourself during the roll to safety. You shouldn't end up losing anyone, ever, to this boss if you use this method.

    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent. =P
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

    -Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    -Order of Mundus, Nightfighters, LoM, and Mostly Harmless founding member, "DPS: We Deliver."
    ________________
    -In-game mains abound with "Nerf" in their name. As I am asked occasionally, I do not play on anything but the PC NA Megaserver at this time.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons easy to do with no deaths the blades edge achievement is pretty easy as well if you have a good tank.
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »
    It's interesting that the boss is actually easier the fewer ppl you are. On our first try, both DPS died and the tank and healer finished him off from ~50% health. It was slow but easy. I've even solo'd him from around 25%.

    I have found that to be true of a lot of boss encounters.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link showing me getting the no death achieve. It's easy as long as the last boss doesn't bug.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    Community Ambassador
    Easy-mode: Everyone hits mutagen every 15 seconds or so during the boss fights. :)

    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent. =P
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

    -Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    -Order of Mundus, Nightfighters, LoM, and Mostly Harmless founding member, "DPS: We Deliver."
    ________________
    -In-game mains abound with "Nerf" in their name. As I am asked occasionally, I do not play on anything but the PC NA Megaserver at this time.
Sign In or Register to comment.