Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Add Gear Swap to Weapon Swap, please

Rodario
Rodario
✭✭✭✭✭
My suggestion is pretty simple, I'd like there to be separate gear slots for the secondary weapon set. If a space remains empty, the corresponding item would not be unequipped, but remain unchanged when swapping.

For people like me whose secondary weapon set fulfills an entirely different role than the primary one, this would be of great help.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to have a second set of gear e.g. tanking, healing or pvp equip, but does not want to put it in the inventory or bank, for fear of deconstructing it by accident. This is an issue of its own, of course.
Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
{EU/DC}
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this. I'd like to see a second set of gear along with the second weapon and skill bar.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
    Options
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    The two weapons are supposed to complement eachother within one gear set. I have multiple gear sets for different roles but I don't try to be the best of both tanking and dps (for example) in one gear set. I'd wear a tanking set and have an off-dps on your secondary bar. The other option is to make a hybrid gear set that is not min-maxed but suitable to both roles.

Outside of combat you can use something like Wykkyd's outfitter addon to switch gear and skills on both bars. This also puts a mark next to items used in different sets to indicate they are used in a different set to avoid the deconstruction issue. In combat I find it perfectly reasonable to expect not to be able to switch armor.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I would agree with @Tadhg_Longhouse, weapon swap in combat is reasonable, but gear change isn't a practical scenario here. I use Wykkyds Outfitter with 3 different armour/weapon combinations, is good for me, although it can go a little screwy after a major patch, you sometimes need to recreate the load outs again
    Options
  • Nihili
    Nihili
    ✭✭✭
    Is there not an addon that does this? Wykkyd's Outfitter? It doesn't work exactly as you want it to, but it's the same concept and I've found it satisfies my needs for "Gear swapping"
    Options
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I see the problem with in-combat gear swapping. If we're being realistic though, weapon swapping should also not be instant. More like 2-5 seconds, depending on the type of weapon.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
    Options
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. Would look awful seeing peoples outfits instantly change all the time.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on August 16, 2014 9:44AM
    Options
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »
    Ok, I see the problem with in-combat gear swapping. If we're being realistic though, weapon swapping should also not be instant. More like 2-5 seconds, depending on the type of weapon.
    One of the core ideas behind this MMO (and practically every other for that mater) is that once you enter combat, you comitted to a certain gear set.

There is the whole thing that gear defines role in ESO (as opposed to class). But even in other MMO where you can switch your role during combat you won't be as effective as somebody who is geared for the role to begin with.

Due to the nature of combat in ESO, you are granted a second weaponset. Allowing to switch gear in Combat would wreak havok with the class/PvP/PvE balance and that one is not fully worked out to begin with.
    Edited by zgrssd on August 16, 2014 9:47AM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..another one of these which sound great in theory but create havoc in practice.
    I like the idea (be what you want to be at the flick of a button) but it would break the game.

TBH the way the current game works... I am surprised we cant do it already though lol.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options