The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc PVP Gear help:

Phaserburn
Phaserburn
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I'm trying to find the best gear for gank pvp. is the 64% crit build still the best for sorc in pvp? I know a lot of people run impenetrable on their armour... Which is why I ask... Anyways should I be going max mana and mana regen instead?

Looking to build a gank desto/resto sorc for pvp. Will switch to zerg pvp on the side. That said, I feel zerg pvp doesn't really matter too much with gear. You either have a ton of people and win, or you don't... solo ganking pvp is way more important on the gear I feel.

The reason I ask this is because the gear type will change what skills I use. Thanks for any input.

The 64% crit build includes (FROM WHAT I CAN FIND 4 twlight 3 wise mage 3 wrath of the imperium) I'm really looking for help on what type of enchantments (divines with thief if going crit?) to get as well. Any help would be great.
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a crafter, not a pvper and might not understand a lot of specifics, bit I can tell you one thing. If optimizing for magika pool, use infused big pieces (chest, legs, hat, shield) and divines on the rest. Gives the biggest output assuming you use the mage mundus.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I have read, the flavor of the month gear selection is mixing warlock/seducer set pieces (Pretty sure it's 3 warlock jewelry, and 5 piece seducer)
  • Phaserburn
    Phaserburn
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the help, and I need more of it. Reading more on the stats I see twilights doesn't do it as well as night mothers gaze. I think I'll do the crit, it seems more troll. The questions I have before you read this novel:
    1 What trait and enchant should I get for my Restoration staff?
    2 What enchant should I get for my lighting staff? (I want the shock enchant and precise trait right?)
    3 If I'm spamming endless fury, I should do decreased spell cost over mana regen to finish people right?

Otherwise I went 49 health attributes because I hear you hit max mana way to easy off your gear. Would you say the following is how I want to do it if I want imperial shadowspun gear at vet 12, to be set on max level gear?

Imperial Shadowspun Awesomeness:
    http://eso-fashion.com/imperial-shadowspun/

Below is the full build breakdown. Because *** it, I've been at work for 12 hours already.

Enchanting:

Armour - Glyph of Magicka:
    For max mana I want Cura, Kuta, and Makko. This will be for max vet level glyphs, I hope I have this right hahaha

Jewelry - Glyph of Reduce Spell Cost
    For this I need Kuda, Kuta, and Makkoma
    I feel spell cost decrease is better for endless fury spam (when they hit 20%)

Armour:
    All items will need roughly: 2 hemming, 3 embroidery, 4 elegant lining, 5 dreugh wax, <18 Void cloth to make for vet 12 (I don't know how vet 12 gear really works. Which is why I'm here hahaha)

Hat with infused trait, glyph of magic
    Robe with infused trait, glyph of magic
    Breeches with infused trait, glyph of magic
    Gloves with divines trait, glyph of magic
    Epaulets with divines trait, glyph of magic
    Sash with divines trait, glyph of magic
    Shoes with divines trait, glyph of magic

Any of the armor can be the follow sets:
    5 of them need to be Night mothers gaze
    3 Willows Path (swap for wise mage if you can get the drops)

Weapon:

Each will need: 2 Pitch, 3 Turpen, 4 Mastic, 5 Rosin, and 16 sanded night wood.

1 Lighting destruction staff, Wrath of the Imperium set, precise trait
    1 Restoration staff, wrath of the imperium set, divines trait.

Jewelry:

Wrath of the imperium set, Glyph of Reduce Spell Cost

• madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you are confused on what actually affects the abilities you plan on using.

Sorcerer Class Abilities:
    These all will scale based on Max Magicka, Spell Damage, Spell Critical, and targets the enemies Spell resistance.

Destruction Staff Abilities:
    These all will scale based on Max Magicka, Weapon Damage, Spell Critical, and targets the enemies Spell Resistance.

To maximize damage you want to make sure take the above into consideration.

1: Max Magicka and Max Health is important for both damage and your survivability. I would not recommend going over soft cap in either, but try to get as close to them as possible.

2: Making sure your at the Spell Damage and Weapon Damage soft cap is very important for your damage output. As a sorcerer you can get your Weapon damage to soft cap with just Critical Surge so no worries about that. For Spell Damage you need to either gear for it or use Spell Damage jewelry enchants.

3: Impenetrable is very nice to have in PvP and would recommend obtaining as many pieces of gear with it as possible. This will greatly greatly increase your survivability in PvP and is immensely better then the other traits.

4: With 7/7 Light Armor and using a Destruction Staff and Restoration staff I would recommend using the Sharpened trait. This will greatly increase your damage against enemies with high spell resistance. With 7/7 Light and the Sharpened trait you will bypass all the players spell resistance. I hope this changes but thats how it currently works.

5: Spell Critical is important mostly for burst builds like ganking but do not sacrifice the above for more spell critical.
    Edited by madangrypally on August 15, 2014 1:01AM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PVP most players have 500 to 700 resistance to critical hits by using the Impenetrable trait.

This lower the attackers crit values by 50%-70%. Having a build that NEEDS crits to win.....can cause issues if most of your targets are in the 500+ resistance to critical hits group.
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is an example PvP Gear build.

Light of Cyrodiil: 2 Rings (with Arcane)
    2 pc: 8 Spell Damage

I like these a lot better then the Wrath of the Imperium Rings because they have the Arcane Trait. The Imperium Rings come with the Healthy Trait which IMO is a waste.

Silks of the Sun: Neck (with Arcane), Robe, Hat, and Shoulders with Infused.
    2pc: 126 Max Health
    3pc: 86 Max Magicka
    4pc: 8 Spell Damage

I like this set as it comes with a neck piece.

This leaves 5 slots open for crafted gear. The crafted set should include 8 spell damage as one of its bonuses.

With this set up I can enchant one of the Jewelry above with Spell Damage and be just shy of the Spell Damage Soft Cap. Add in the Cyrodiil buffs and it will slightly put the player over soft cap.

As to the crafted set that is up to the player as there are many viable options. The 4 pieces of Light should have the Impenetrable, and the weapons should have the Sharpened Traits.

2 example Crafted sets that the player can pick are:
    Twilight's Embrace: Max Health, Spell Crit, Spell Damage, and Increase healing.

Torug's Pact: Spell Damage, Max Health, Weapon Damage, and faster weapon procs.

Edited by madangrypally on August 15, 2014 1:08AM
  • Phaserburn
    Phaserburn
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, I think I will go with the twilights embrace for combination with entropy. you make a lot of good points about the crit, it's worthless now. also hitting those soft caps for spell damage is key.
  • Phaserburn
    Phaserburn
    Soul Shriven
    So after a lot of second guessing:

Enchanting:
    7 Legendary Glyph of Magicka needed for armour (Cura, Kuta, and Makko)

Jewelry:
    2 arcane signet of warlock ring
    1 arcane focus of warlock amulet

Armour: All epic imperial shadowsun, max level possible
    All items will need roughly: 2 hemming, 3 embroidery, 4 elegant lining, 5 dreugh wax, <18 Void cloth to make for vet 12

Epic Imperial Hat with impenetrable trait, glyph of magic, Twilights embrace set
    Epic Imperial Robe with impenetrable trait, glyph of magic, Twilights embrace set
    Epic Imperial Breeches with impenetrable trait, glyph of magic, Twilights embrace set
    Epic Imperial Gloves with impenetrable trait, glyph of magic Willows Path set
    Epic Imperial Epaulets with impenetrable trait, glyph of magic Twilights embrace set
    Epic Imperial Sash with impenetrable trait, glyph of magic Willows Path set
    Epic Imperial Shoes with impenetrable trait, glyph of magic Willows Path set

Weapon:
    Each will need: 2 Pitch, 3 Turpen, 4 Mastic, 5 Rosin, and 16 sanded night wood.

Epic Dunmer 1 Lighting destruction staff, Twilights embrace set, sharpened trait
    Epic Dunmer 1 Restoration staff, Twilights embrace set, sharpened trait

I would drop the willows path stuff for wise mage if I got the drops. Otherwise I think this isn't bad for zerg pvp play as well as small group play.
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

A few things:

1: It will go 2 Pitch, 3 Turpen, 4 Mastic, 8 Rosin . Not 5 Rosin

2: You will be throwing away a lot of gold by getting Legendary Glyphs. For the 3 main pieces with Chest, Helm and Legs I would just get Epic quality. Can get either white vendor ones for the other slots or if you have the gold to spend then Epic also.

Save legendary for the enchants that will have the biggest impact. IE: Jewelry enchants.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you go spending a lot of gold on a PvP set, I want to tell you that the Twilight/Willows Path combo is not the strongest build for a Sorc. It was very good pre 1.3 patch because of the set bonuses. Now that all the sets have changed, there are better combinations for a Sorc PvP other than Twilight and Willows.

Here are some tips:
    - You need to use impenetrable on all armor pieces. This means that you must have a crafted armor set. Most drop-only sets do not have any impenetrable, so you cannot use any of those armor pieces. This might seem limiting, but there are still good crafted sets.
    - Don't go for a crit build. In PvP, you will only be critting against lowbies that do not know to use impenetrable. All the real PvPers have switched to full impenetrable. You will not be critting unless you run a full crit build AND use potions. With this in mind, you can look at sets that provide bonuses other than crit. You can even go sharpened on your weapon.
    - Since you will not be critting, you want to build for raw damage or additional utility.
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why warlock? 3 piece bonus is not that great
    Edited by NerfEverything on August 15, 2014 11:35PM