The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Harvest map database is clear after latest update.

RSram
RSram
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if its my system, but after the maintenance update today, all of my nodes that the Harvest Map addon displays were done. I had to use Windows 8 file history to restore the Harvest Map addon folder to see the nodes on the map again.

Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    This issue is realted to the GetDisplayName function broken in Update 2 and fixed in Update 3. If you chack history of comments on ESOUI, you can find for example this post:
    Shinni wrote:
    the data isn't lost, the game just can't find it anymore:

open the HarvestMap.lua in the savedvariables folder (any texteditor works)

the file has the following structure:
    Harvest_SavedVars =
    {
        ["Default"] = 
        {
            ["@accountname"] = 
            {

the game will try to load the data stored in the ["@accountname"] part. however before eso 1.3 all the data was stored in [""].
    So to reload your data, exit the game and open said file.
    (you may want to backup the file beforehand.)
    Search (ctrl+f) for "@accountname" and replace it with something like "@accountname2" (this is essentially a backup of your new data since the 1.3 patch).
    now search for [""] = and replace the "" with "@accountname" (your account name).
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »
    This issue is realted to the GetDisplayName function broken in Update 2 and fixed in Update 3.

I don't think that is the same thing that is happening to RSram.

It sounds like something deleted the addon folder.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just restoring the entire harvest folder from a backup the night before the update fixed the problem. So either EDO messes with the addon folder, or maybe there was an issue with a corrupt file on my PC.

I also cannot find the code section that you are referring to in the Harvestmap.Iua, I'm using the latest version.

BTW what language does the addons use, visual basic?
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    RSram wrote: »
    Just restoring the entire harvest folder from a backup the night before the update fixed the problem. So either EDO messes with the addon folder, or maybe there was an issue with a corrupt file on my PC.

I also cannot find the code section that you are referring to in the Harvestmap.Iua, I'm using the latest version.

BTW what language does the addons use, visual basic?
    You are right. if it had been the correction of GetDisplayName(), a restoration of the files would have done nothing.

Also Microsoft patch day was on 12th August 2014, so maybe it was some odd interaction between ESO and a Windwos patch?

Languages:
    Lua
    with a variation of XML for the GUI markup
    Edited by zgrssd on August 14, 2014 9:07AM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.