Maintenance for the week of May 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Elder Scrolls Online Tales of the Dead Contest Rules
Participation in The Elder Scrolls Online Tales of the Dead Contest (the Contest) is subject to the Contest Rules set out below. Failure to comply with them may lead to disqualification as well as legal liability to the Operator and other persons. Each entrant is also granting rights to the Operator to use their Submissions and to publish their name and other details in connection with the Contest. Please read the Contest Rules carefully. TO ENTER:
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 22, 2014 7:22PM
- Read the Contest Info and Contest Rules set out below.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Community Team will post a screenshot on www.elderscrollsonline.com depicting a scene from The Elder Scrolls Online. To enter the Contest each entrant must creatively describe, in five hundred (500) words or less, the story behind what is being depicted in the screenshot. The description contained in each entrant’s entry can be in the form of a story, poem, notebook scrap, or any other creative means as determined by each entrant.
- In order to qualify entrants must post their entry on the official Elder Scrolls Online forum thread announcing the Contest, which can be found here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/133119/tales-of-the-dead-2-contest-entry-thread.
CONTEST RULES:By actively entering into the Contest each entrant (the Entrant) will be bound by and grant the rights set out in these Contest Rules.
- The Contest opens for entries on Monday, September 22, 2014 and closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Friday, September 26, 2014 (the Contest Period).
- The Contest is only open to individuals who:
- are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry;
- legally reside in Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom or the United States (the Territories); and
- possess a valid passport, driver’s license, identity card or equivalent official form of personal identification (collectively, the Eligibility Requirements).
- Only one entry per person.
- During the Contest Period, participants are allowed to enter the Contest by (a) submitting one (1) entry (not more than 500 words in length) describing the story behind what is depicted in the screenshot that does not contain any vulgar imagery, sexual content, copyrighted material or pop-culture references; and (b) providing contact information upon request, including name, address and phone number (the Entry Requirements).
- Following the Contest Period, entries will be judged by two or more marketing and community personnel of the Operator (the Judges), and 3 winners will be selected by the Judges, whose selections shall be final.
- The Judges will evaluate the entries based on creativity and originality (the Judging Criteria).
- Winners will be announced on Friday, October 10, 2014.
- The winners will receive the following prizes (the Prizes). There is no cash alternative to the Prizes and the Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable in full or in part. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on the Prizes awarded.
- Three winners will each receive (approximate retail value of Forty Five Dollars ($45) per winner).
- One (1) Twenty Five Dollar ($25) gift certificate to the Bethesda Store, operated by Treehouse Brand Stores, which can be found at store.bethsoft.com; and
- One (1) The Elder Scrolls Online T-shirt of each winner’s choosing (based on selection and availability).
- The Contest is run by ZeniMax Online Studios LLC (including its parent, ZeniMax Media Inc., and affiliates including ZeniMax Europe Ltd.) located at 200 International Circle, Suite 1200, Hunt Valley, Maryland 21030, USA (the Operator). Entry is not open to the Operator's personnel and their immediate families or anyone connected with the creation and administration of the Contest.
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY FOR ENTRY INTO THIS CONTEST AND PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- THE CONTEST IS VOID OUTSIDE THE TERRITORIES AND/OR WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- The Contest is run by the Operator on http://elderscrollsonline.com (the Website). The Contest is only open to individuals who comply with the Eligibility Requirements above. The Operator reserves the right to require verification of compliance before winners are announced.
- Each Entrant may only submit an entry in accordance with the Entry Requirements during the Contest Period. The Operator cannot accept late, incomplete or undelivered entries for any reason, including but not limited to technical failure. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt of entry. Automated, disruptive or fraudulent entry means are prohibited.
- Each Entrant confirms that: (a) their entry is original and does not contain anything created or owned by any other person (save for any material provided by the Operator expressly for the Contest which Entrant is permitted to use solely for the creation of the entry and participation in the Contest - as set out in the Contest Info); (b) they have the written permission of anyone who features (or whose name, voice, likeness, image or performance features) in the entry and that person is 18 years of age or older; (c) their entry has not been previously published; (d) their entry has not been copied from someone else's work and does not feature the trade mark, brand or name of someone else nor breach anyone's legal rights including of privacy or publicity; (e) further copying, display, distribution, posting for streaming/download, public performance or any other use of the entry by the Operator will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and (f) their entry does not contain anything defamatory, obscene, offensive, vulgar or otherwise inappropriate for the Website or which is unlawful, controversial or would bring the Website or the Operator into disrepute.
- By submitting an entry each Entrant agrees and understands that their entry constitutes user-generated content (the UGC) under the Operator’s Terms of Service, which can be found at http://www.zenimax.com/legal_terms_us, and will be treated accordingly. For the avoidance of doubt, Entrant acknowledges and understands that such UGC may be used by Operator on an exclusive basis for any and all purposes, including without limitation, copying, display, distribution, posting for streaming/download, public performance and any other purpose, within Operator’s discretion.
- Entrant irrevocably grants all necessary permissions, consents and waivers including in respect of so-called moral rights and performers' rights necessary to permit the Operator's unrestricted use of the entry including the right to edit, adapt, re-arrange, amend or change the entry in any way including combining it with any other works without the need for further notification or permission. Entries will not be returned.
- The Operator shall therefore have the right to use each Entrant’s entry in any and all media for all promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising of and by the Operator, whether in connection with this Contest or other promotions by the Operator, or as the Operator otherwise sees fit without further notification or permission but the Operator shall have no obligation (express or implied) to do so or use the entry in any manner. Entrant shall not be entitled to any credit or publicity if the entry is used by the Operator but Entrant gives its permission now for such credit or publicity. No compensation will be paid to Entrant for entering the Contest, for the Operator's use or non-use of the entry or for any other reason.
- By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to sign and deliver to the Operator such documents as the Operator may reasonably require to give effect to the rights and obligations granted in these Contest Rules if they are selected as winner.
- The entries will be reviewed by the Judges who will select winners in accordance with the Judging Criteria as indicated in the Contest Info. The winners will be notified by email on or about the dates set out above in the Contest Info. If a winner: (a) has not been contacted after the Operator have made reasonable efforts to do; (b) is unable to provide evidence of valid usage rights in their entry to allow the Operator to confirm that the winner can transfer all necessary usage rights to the Operator; (c) fails to sign and deliver the documents under paragraph 7; or (d) is deemed ineligible in accordance with these Contest Rules an alternate winner may be selected. Entrants agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any decision made will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the relevant e-mail account was registered on the date the entry is submitted.
- The Operator may in extreme circumstances have to cancel or suspend the Contest or modify these Contest Rules and the Operator may provide notice of this by email or on the Website. Except as required under applicable law, the Operator shall have no other obligations, financial or otherwise, to Entrants and/or winners except for those explicitly set forth in these Contest Rules. Entrants agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Operator has the sole right to decide all matters arising from this Contest and that all decisions of the Operator are final and binding.
In some jurisdictions there are guarantees, warranties, terms and conditions imposed by law relating to the supply of goods and services which the law expressly provides may not be excluded, restricted or modified or may only be modified to a certain extent. Nothing in these Contest Rules attempts to exclude, restrict or modify those except as permitted by law.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In entering the contest entrants are providing information to Operator and not to Facebook. By entering the contest each entrant releases Facebook completely from any liability in respect of the contest.