The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 11

bagpuss2014
Hi, is anyone else getting fatal error 11 when pressing play on the ESO Launcher. I havent played it for a while and just wondered if something has changed I should know about?

Advice please?

thanks

Marc
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello! Have you tried using the Repair option available in the launcher? You can repair the files for The Elder Scrolls Online on your computer by following the steps below:
    • First, start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher by double clicking on the icon on your desktop.
    • Wait for the launcher to finish starting.
    • If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure to have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    • In the middle of the launcher there will be an entry for Game Options next to an icon of a small cog wheel.
    • Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    • Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    • If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.
    You can also check if all the updates are correctly installed :

Manually update your launcher. This can be done by clicking on the Game Options arrow located in the middle of the launcher under the News section, and then clicking on "Check for updates." If this doesn't resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online” 
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”
    If these do not resolve the error, please contact our Customer Support Team and include your Game Consultant File. Having this file attached from the beginning will allow our team to help you as quickly as possible.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • WuhTheFuh
    WuhTheFuh
    Soul Shriven
    I just deleted the ProgramData folder, and now I'm forced to repair ANOTHER 28 gigs, AFTER i JUST did so today, that's great, thanks a lot. Useless support team ever,I seriously want a refund.
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Fatal error means fatal full download. End off.