The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

One-hand and Shield Templar

CausticSky
CausticSky
Soul Shriven
So I'm somewhat new to the game and I was wondering if anyone could post a templar build that involves tanking with 1-handed weapon and shield and two-handed weapon with the switch. I don't wanna copy it I just wanna get ideas for how to build it. So far I'm level 5. I've put 1 point into magicka and 1 point into stamina and the rest went into Health.
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky,

While I cannot give you the answer you are looking for, I can give some general advice. There are 'natural' race and class combinations for certain roles. While it is true that any race can be and class can do any role, some are more natural fits than others. For example:

* Ranged DPS - Breton Sorcerer with Destruction Staff
    * Melee Rogue - Khajit Nightblade with Dual Daggers
    * Healer - Breton Templar with Restoration Staff
    * Tank - Redguard Dragonknight with 1H and Shield

All builds should have a secondary Ranged / Melee weapon to complement their core weapon, if needed.

So, bottom line is this. If you are going to build a Templar Tank, you can certainly do that. BUT, it is going to be more challenging, and frustrating, than going the more natural route.

You may find it easier to do a Templar Healer or Sorcerer Destruction Staff until you learn how ESO fundamentally works (I prefer Templar as it has Ranged, Melee, and Heals). Then, when you are confident on the game mechanics, do your favored Race/Class/Build. Otherwise, you may quit in disgust when things just won't work as you would expect them to.

A lot of good information on Races, Classes, and Skill Lines to help you decide can be found here : http://tamrieljournal.com/

Good Luck!
    Edited by Innocente on August 9, 2014 5:23AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CausticSky wrote: »
    So I'm somewhat new to the game and I was wondering if anyone could post a templar build that involves tanking with 1-handed weapon and shield and two-handed weapon with the switch. I don't wanna copy it I just wanna get ideas for how to build it. So far I'm level 5. I've put 1 point into magicka and 1 point into stamina and the rest went into Health.

I do play sword and shield on my Templar, basically I bought the first skill, and put a few points in a couple of the passives.

But I only use it as a back-up for when my mana runs out, I used the Biting Jabs, then when I have no magic I use the Sword jabs (not the skill name) until I have enough mana to use Biting Jabs again.

But I'm sure others can give better advice.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule