The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alliance War future plans and update!

• Casandra
    Casandra
    ✭✭✭
    Future plans???

Have to fix the present first..... and..... we've waited long enough.

I'm here on the forum because I and 3 others in my Cyrodiil group (group of 10) are crashing every 30 seconds on a rather small battle. Population is low for all factions but we are endlessly crashing. Can't play, logged off and not going on for a while.

Shame too because it's the last day of the campaign... What a shame! Shame on you!
    Deliverance Still Emp titled because ZOS hasn't fixed in 4 years,Stamblade, Grand Overlord
    Crimson Chaos, Sorc Grand Overlord retiring soon
    Casandra V14 NB,
    Daenery Grand Overlord (retired) V14 Sorc,
    Immortali General
    Rivenspire Merchant Guild
    FormerlyHaderus
    GraY Host
    (Proud to be all EP)
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it has been discussed already, but how's the alliance war rank requirement for buying a tent going to work in noob campaign? The idea of noob campaign was rather good, but undermined by VR5 guards (also combined with the fact that home keeps are harder to recapture) and after much deliberation I am inclined to say that otherwise pure evil tents are only semi-evil in noob campaign, because noobs are squishy and their horses...if any.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    I don't know if it has been discussed already, but how's the alliance war rank requirement for buying a tent going to work in noob campaign? The idea of noob campaign was rather good, but undermined by VR5 guards (also combined with the fact that home keeps are harder to recapture) and after much deliberation I am inclined to say that otherwise pure evil tents are only semi-evil in noob campaign, because noobs are squishy and their horses...if any.

the "noob" campaign is a DC buff server atm.(unless things changed the last 2 days since iv been) I doubt the FC issue will affect it
    Edited by Cody on October 6, 2014 2:48AM
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

the "noob" campaign is a DC buff server atm.(unless things changed the last 2 days since iv been) I doubt the FC issue will affect it

It has been mostly red lately in EU, though it is not typical one-sided campaign. Numbers are probably even, it's just easy to defend.
    So, the campaign is pretty much alive but if the rank requirement was set too high for noobs to buy a tent, they would not be able to do much. Unless guards are nerfed, which would be better option than VR5 guards offset by camp spam.
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys guys, there is no future plans. Keep zerging, sh*t swarming, impulsing and exploiting. Case closed.
  • Sheaden
    Sheaden
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

Hey Brian,

Have you guys ever kicked around the idea of providing a Cyrodiil "Rally Buff" of some kind that buffs a factions players based on the FEWER keeps they have?

This to me seems like it would have a number of advantages.

1. Smaller groups going into "hopeless" campaigns (campaigns where one faction is totally dominant) would have their power increased and would be more readily able to make a difference with a smaller non-zerg group.

2. In larger campaigns, we've now seen strategies where two factions ignore one another while teaming together to absolutely decimate the third faction. In a campaign where all things are relatively equal, all populations are capped etc.. this tactic would effectively be buffered by the "Rally buff" enabling the third faction to regain footing within the campaign. This would also be beneficial during "off peak" Cyrodiil hours where certain factions might not have as much population, their defenders would be bolstered (weighted based on how few keeps they had) enabling them to actually make an impact without having to rely on zerg tactics.

3. Perhaps this could be a way to re-implement (effectively working as a throttle) raising or removing aoe caps in Cyrodiil. The fewer keeps your faction has the higher your factions respective aoe cap becomes. If your faction is dominating a campaign the caps are the same as they are currently.

Just tossing some ideas out there... I love this game and want to see more people engaging in pvp in particular. I think implementing something like this would bring more appeal for players who are averse to the large-zerg aspect of pvp.

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated of course!
    Edited by Sheaden on October 27, 2014 8:37PM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of all the extra campaigns and just make it 1 30 day long PvP campaign. Consolidate all the server power into that one campaign and give the hardware the best attention.

Problems solved: Buff servers. Possibly PvDoor or whatever the hell it's called, population imbalance(hopefully), high max population would lead to less queue time. Whining (though people will go out of their way to cry about something, it's inevitable).

Make is so there's no where else to run if you're losing in PvP. No more "Screw these guys, lets go to "insert campaign name here" and take over the whole map to show how 00ber l22t we are. YEA WE'RE HARDCORE. No more try-hards claiming lordship and godhood because no enemies exist in their campaign to challenge their epeens.

1 Cyrodiil, MASSIVE daisy-chained SERVERS, top-end hardware = epic fights and closer population balance.

Get those extra hamsters ready to run.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »

5.) Uncap AOE abilities when inside Cyrodiil.

I have a dream... a dream of Cyrodiil without hundreds of people in tightly packed blobs running around spamming AoE with Immovable... a Cyrodiil where some slight measure of skill is more profitable than clicking a single button.
    I hope this dream comes to pass...

In all seriousness, the main problem is that healing AoE always goes to the lowest-health person while damage AoE hits people at random. Plus, their Immovable prevents them from being stopped, ergo Negate Magic Ultimate is useless as they'll run out in about 2 seconds. The only way to beat them is to use their tactic. Or oilpots occasionally work, but people never set up enough.

Cyrodiil isn't very fun at the moment on regular and high population campaigns.

So,you want to negate and everyone inside your negate to stand still untill the die. Also you want your negate to remove enemy ultis as well and you want to spam electric pulsar and invisible bat swarm.

Dont you want a a new skill that maybe will cost 200 magica and will be... INSTANT DEATH. click n kill

Nice expectations lol
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can CC break Negates...

Negate Magic is by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar the best Ultimate in the game. I would trade my Standard for Negate instantly. Saying it was useless because of Immovable is just stupid.

We already killed some super "skilled" bombgroups with 3-4 man when they didn't negate our negate instantly. Negate + Gravity Crush + Bats = Enjoy.
    Of course you gotta attack them on some chockepoint / flag when they don't run away from your negate.

Edited by Sanct16 on November 2, 2014 11:27AM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc