The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Bow is screwed up

Elyna
Elyna
✭✭✭✭
I went to use a bow and wow is it broken. I wont fire any arrows, the invisible arrow will hit, but it wont change the targets health bar, however the target will still take damage and it will cause the target to die with HP still in their bar. Same with abilities, equipping the bow causes the stamina and magicka bar to show the incorrect amount of resources left. For example, I can still cast spells and stamina feats even if the bars are empty.
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I noticed this. I just started using the bow and when I fire, the first hit will show on the enemies health bar but the it gets stuck there, enemy still takes damage but health bar doesn't move.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • wallb16_ESO
    wallb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here... its pretty annoying.

Doesnt seem to happen every time though, but on a regular basis.

pls fix!
  • Remmo
    Remmo
    ✭✭
    Yup, bow bug too.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's fubar, really. Just like tons of other stuff they break every single patch.
  • suelothvar
    suelothvar
    ✭✭✭
    if it was a staff bug, would be hot fixed already
    Edited by suelothvar on August 7, 2014 3:49PM
    Seraklan - Nightshade EU
    Beardybpbear. Xbox1

No console text chat = discrimination against the deaf!
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    suelothvar wrote: »
    if it was a staff bug, would be hot fixed already

Actually there is a staff bug. I replaced my bow with a healing staff and it just gave me my double daggers. Except I could shoot the restor staff ball things out of my right dagger. And then I was swinging my staff as if it were a dagger.
  • suelothvar
    suelothvar
    ✭✭✭
    staff bug still lets you kill as normal, all be it looks odd doing it, bow bug = simply put bow away till fixed.
    Seraklan - Nightshade EU
    Beardybpbear. Xbox1

No console text chat = discrimination against the deaf!
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    staff bug still lets you kill as normal, all be it looks odd doing it, bow bug = simply put bow away till fixed.

Odd thing is is that I made a lower character and everything is perfectly fine. Its just my main. (Is a vet 8 )
    Edited by Elyna on August 7, 2014 6:39PM
  • thorntk421
    thorntk421
    ✭✭✭
    Same here with the bow bug. There is also some sort of weapon swap bug. It sometimes shows the wrong weapons when swapping.
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue with the bow here on 2 of my characters. Any update would be nice :)
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, not getting ult from it as well.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seem to be several separate (although possibly related) issues being reported here. At the very least, we can confirm that investigation is underway on the bow issue in which you're able to kill an enemy but the damage does not show in their health bar. We'll follow up to make sure the right people are aware of the other things mentioned in this thread (and of course, make sure to use /bug in-game whenever these things happen).
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    I really wonder how this sort of thing slips past QA before a major release.
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    There seem to be several separate (although possibly related) issues being reported here. At the very least, we can confirm that investigation is underway on the bow issue in which you're able to kill an enemy but the damage does not show in their health bar. We'll follow up to make sure the right people are aware of the other things mentioned in this thread (and of course, make sure to use /bug in-game whenever these things happen).

Sorry to say but if I use the /bug whenever these issues occur I won't have time to do anything but /bug report. Once is all you guys get in-game, then its back to playing. Hope you're able to fix this new slew of bugs soon, I'm taking a break from bow until this gets sorted out.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Devlinne
    Devlinne
    ✭✭✭
    The swap weapon but still holding old weapon thin happened to me too. Relog with the new weapon on(but with wrong graphic) and it will fix it. Fixed it for me.

It seems that u have to relog ONCE when u get the bug, with the bug in effect, to fix it.
    Hope this helps.
    Devlinne: VR12 NB
    Demonos: VR12 Sorc
    Devin Flames: VR12 DK
    Hellzanger: VR12 Templar

Thats right. ALL CLASSES.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug is very annoying. I need to swap weapons to open doors. I use a DW/Bow build and can't activate any DW skills, I guess the game is confused as weapon swap changes skills set but not my weapon. Makes melee pretty painful.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an option for me, never used staff.
  • robertlive2014
    robertlive2014
    ✭✭✭
    So, there is an obvious issue with the way the player models including both weapon sets are cached. It is likely related to both the new dye system and the performance improvements made to weapon swapping. What I've done as a workaround is to use an add-on called Helm Toggle by Feroc that allows you to key-bind the Settings -> Gameplay helmet toggle function. Now, whenever I change dyes or weapons, I toggle the helmet using the key-bind in order to force the cached player model to refresh. It even works in combat, so if you get the bug where your character appear to stop attacking, in the middle of the fight, but you are still able to cast spells, just without the animation, or with the incorrect animation, you can fix it on the fly just by toggling the helmet.
    Edited by robertlive2014 on August 8, 2014 11:21PM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've got a costume, like goblin or seducer etc, swapping those seems to fix any issue with bow and DW combo's you might have, it has for me at least.

I'm finding bow fine to use, and for the most part I'm without issue apart from slow response in registering damage which happens about 50% of the time after prolonged game play.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Mavra
    Mavra
    ✭✭
    Just confirmed. I removed my dyed gear and replaced with any disguise or costume and bug vanished.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

except its being heavily abused in cryodiil, not being put away.
    its actually a huge advantage to bow users that a player cant feel he is getting hit or see the life disappear and then react. people are randomly dropping dead everywhere and are not happy about it. this is not going to go by the wayside, its a major issue.