The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game skipping Launcher and going straight into game (Can't patch or access options)

Gosford
Gosford
Soul Shriven
My game is no longer launching the launcher first and is loading straight into the game clinet. I am unable to login because I am required to patch but cannot get the launcher to load, therefore unable to patch. It's a vicious cycle.

I literally have not touch my computer in 36 hours other than it going to sleep. No settings have been changed.

Any ideas?

Gosford
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, @Gosford. Have you been trying to run the launcher via the shortcut automatically created when ESO was installed? If so (or that doesn't end up working), please try running the launcher directly from the folders in which the game is installed. The default folder paths for both Windows and Mac are listed below:

Windows :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe

Mac OS:
    /Applications/ZeniMax Online/Launcher.app

Please let us know if this resolves it!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Gosford
    Gosford
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, it asks me if I want to install the game and then tells me I don't have enough hard disk space. However, the game IS installed. All 34.5g of it.

In addition, my Launcher folder (the one you suggested) is on my C:\ as you said, but my game is installed on my E: Drive. It has always been this way and I've never had an issue.
    Edited by Gosford on August 5, 2014 4:23AM