The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

racial motifs

Jaybomb
Jaybomb
✭✭
I created a charachter as an imperial and found i could then add the imperial motifs to my library is this because there are normal and legendary kinds of armour for imperials or just a misprint on screen

Best Answers

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you actually use up an imperial motif just to test this?
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaybomb wrote: »
    Yes i know that i dont know why it says you can add too your library if younare an imperial

It is also just a stock tool tip. You either get Already in your Library or Used to add to your Library. I use the Craft Store addon, so Already statement might be from that.

I think that once you convert armor or a weapon to Imperial, it is bound to you, so you can't sell it or trade it away. You can only deconstruct it. If I am understanding Bound correctly, I have never converted anything for my Imperial, nor have I made anything with him in the Imperial Style. Not sure what would happen if you just crafted in that style, probably still be able to offer that to others.

The Racial Motif would allow you to make Imperial Armor for others using other races as Crafters.

Now, since this Motif is selling for 15000 gold, or more, personally I would sell it unless I had a Crafting Alt in another race that makes armor for my Imperial.

Also, you can wear armor from any race, you don't have to make or use Imperial on your Imperials. My Bretons both wear Argonian (looks better on the female than the male btw)

Edited by Nestor on July 31, 2014 7:53PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Tremulous
    Tremulous
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    As an imperial, you can convert any of your armor and weapons to the imperial style.

It's one of the perks that comes with the imperial edition.
    :)
    You can convert any none named items. As an imperial race you should also be able to craft imperial gear, thus not needing to buy the 50-60k motif.

Edit: the imperial motif is legendary quality because it is such a rare drop. There is no difference is the quality of gear crafted unless you use higher quality mats.
    Edited by Tremulous on July 31, 2014 7:52PM
    Answer ✓
  • Mitharus
    Mitharus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i know that i dont know why it says you can add too your library if younare an imperial

Probably because of how they do their checks. I don't recall if there's a singular achievement for knowing all the motifs, but most likely the checks on the motif is separate from checking race...
    /* Bad psudocode */
    if (player.race() == RACE_IMPERIAL) {
        (allow making whatever)
    }
    if (player.known_motif(RACE_IMPERIAL)) {
        (Player has read that specific Motif)
    }

So, in the second one it should maybe check like:
    /* More bad psudocode */
    if (player.known_motif(RACE_IMPERIAL) || player.race() == RACE_IMPERIAL) {
        ( Player has read the Imperial Motif *OR* Is an Imperial Character )
    }

That's my guess anyway.

-M
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever find one of these Motifs again I will test it on my Imperial Character and see what it says. I wish I had sold the darn thing TBH, I did not know it was so rare when I found it. Right now, one of my Crafters has the book in her library.

Good to know the Already in Your Library is a stock message.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • alvinp90b16_ESO
    I bought a Imperial Motif like 3-4 weeks after game release from a guy and it cost me 5k gold... sadly I used it and literally bought Imperial Edition like a week after :S
    Edited by alvinp90b16_ESO on August 1, 2014 9:07AM
    Ebonheart Pact / European Server
    L50 Magicka Nightblade / PvP Executioner
    L50 Stamina Dragonknight / PvP/PvE DPS
    L50 Stamina Sorcerer / PvP/PvE DPS(?)
    L50 Magicka Templar / PvP Healer
    Don't ask help from me for any Group Dungeons or Trials...
    ... because I've never done any of that
    Answer ✓
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    As an imperial, you can convert any of your armor and weapons to the imperial style.

If you have the Imperial Edition, any character can convert any armor/weapon to Imperial style, no matter what their race is. You can also create an Imperial character who can craft Imperial directly.

I've taken to putting all of my bank alts in converted Imperial armor as a sign of their servitude. None of them are actually Imperials, naturally.

Converted gear is just like crafted gear, with the exception that it becomes bound to the character upon conversion. When deconstructed, it drops nickel, just like crafted Imperial.

Anyone can craft Imperial, regardless of their edition, once they find the Imperial style motif book. Aaaaand... good luck with that one ;-) But only the Imperial Edition holders can do the conversion thing.
    Edited by Srugzal on July 31, 2014 10:56PM
    Answer ✓
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by SirAndy on July 31, 2014 7:35PM
  • Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
  • Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
    No not that dum it just sayed i could add to my library.when you know a trait it tells you if you pick up another copy says already in library
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my imperial motif early on for 4 embroidery (2 more than the seller asked, because I was so happy to get it.) Neither of us knew how valuable it was.

I already had the imperial edition but that doesn't allow you to craft imperial stuff for other players.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the input guys and ye i found one when i was an imperial what can i say dum luck no not realy got 70k for it so turned out ok.i just though it had a legendary yellow look to it and wondered if it would make your gear better but no it must not
  • Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
    Mitharus wrote: »

Probably because of how they do their checks. I don't recall if there's a singular achievement for knowing all the motifs, but most likely the checks on the motif is separate from checking race...
    /* Bad psudocode */
    if (player.race() == RACE_IMPERIAL) {
        (allow making whatever)
    }
    if (player.known_motif(RACE_IMPERIAL)) {
        (Player has read that specific Motif)
    }

So, in the second one it should maybe check like:
    /* More bad psudocode */
    if (player.known_motif(RACE_IMPERIAL) || player.race() == RACE_IMPERIAL) {
        ( Player has read the Imperial Motif *OR* Is an Imperial Character )
    }

That's my guess anyway.

-M

• Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
    This guy has it right i think?