The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Summoned creatures stop attacking

Venereous44
Venereous44
✭✭✭
I keep having this issue, it seems to be happening with more frequency... where both my summoned creatures stop doing anything... they just stand there. Resummoning them doesn't help either, only restarting the game does.

Is there an easier fix? I saw in another thread something about cntrl + G will make them attack without me having to attack first. This doesn't work for me, but then again I redid some of my keys bindings to accommodate a controller. I also didn't see anything about this in the key binding listing.

Does anyone have any insights on this or suggestions?

TIA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the Y key then a left click on what you want them to attack. And there are some tricks to it.

First, you have to have line of site to the one your targeting, so if your winged twilight is flapping in front of your face, then move a little.

Second, the Pet needs to have a clear path to the enemy, so move around if there is an obstacle in the way before targeting.

I find that once I engage them like this, they stay engaged.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    well ..dont know much about that problem since I dont use pets, but check the control keys, because I think i saw a "command pet" key over there, I believe that the default key is " Y " . Hope it helps

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    With the default key binding (or i have mine assigned to Caps Lock) it works at least 95 to 99% of the time. Press and hold whatever Pet key you have assigned and left click to attack and right click to return. When mine wont respond, i unsummon them, then resummon them and that works for me.

I dont know any key that returns them to default AI. Mine usually auto attack after have sent them previous commands but it has happened to me where they wont auto attack anymore also.

Also I use the clanfer.... my wing twilight, which i very rarely use will usually just auto attacks after i do. i doubt he has ever responded to attack commands.

Hope this helps.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember, this is not a stealth attack, once you target the mob, they know your there. They will aggro you.

So, if you want to get a Sneak attack off first, like with a bow, then do that attack, then use the Y and click on the enemy. Or, go back to stealth once the mob is engage with your summoned pet.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've experienced the pet just chilling out during fights.

Not sure what you can do about it as de-resummoning works only on occasion and the "Y" click to send them in doesn't work when they are taking their Daedric Summonees Local 128 breaks.

I usually just swap them off my bar at that point and try out something else for awhile.
  • Venereous44
    Venereous44
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, cool.. thanks guys. Gonna play with that Y key tonight then.
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this issue as well, but resummon as always corrected it.

I would like this fixed and I'd also like it if I didn't need to resummon my pets everytime I enter a dungeon.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • rbenkepub19_ESO
    rbenkepub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have this problem every so often. Resummoning usually fixes it, but not always. If resummoning doesn't fix it, then relogging does. But yeah, this shouldn't even happen.

Also, I agree that we shouldn't have to resummon every time we enter a dungeon. It's not just pets, it's also the conjured armor.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resummoning fixes this most of the time. I really only use them as a diversion anyways, so as long as i can get them between myself and the mob, it's all good.
    :)
  • Venereous44
    Venereous44
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is back with a vengeance now. Now nothing fixes it.. resummoning, relogging, reappling on skill tree, changing weapons or using pet command. They just stand there.

tkt submitted.
    Edited by Venereous44 on August 17, 2014 4:01PM
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens sometimes on my Sorc and I've submitted tickets. If you summon an Atronach at that time, they won't attack either LOL. It's kind of funny, but annoying at the same time. :grinning:
  • Kos
    Kos
    ✭✭✭
    They stop attacking, because they are bored with your playstyle. Try using more skills, roll dodge etc. Make it more interesting.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it does add realism to the game by giving lesser Daedra a mind of their own. I think it's just a bug caused by the pet commands not working quite right. I say this because I don't recall pets doing this before they added the pet command. Pets were also glitched during beta but when they glitched they just became invisible all together.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    I suppose it does add realism to the game by giving lesser Daedra a mind of their own. I think it's just a bug caused by the pet commands not working quite right. I say this because I don't recall pets doing this before they added the pet command. Pets were also glitched during beta but when they glitched they just became invisible all together.
    You might be on to something there ...
    idea.gif
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a dungeon in Deshan do that yesterday. Once I was out the clanfear went back to his old aggressive self.

I have yet to use the pet control stuff. He goes after the first thing I hit, and that's just fine.
  • Venereous44
    Venereous44
    ✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »

it cleared up after a reboot... usually when this happens there is a good chance i die as I usually go barn storming and attract all nearby mobs and before mowing them down... with out the pets by the time I realize what is going on I'm half dead... sometimes I get away.. other times I eat it.