The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Limited Molag Bal Metal Print"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Limited Molag Bal Metal Print."

Will you be adding this portrait of the Daedric Prince to your collection?
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on July 31, 2014 6:10PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would totally get this if A. It didn't cost half of my rent & B. If this game wasn't the laughing stock of the MMO world right down there with SWTOR.
    Edited by Nivzruo_ESO on July 31, 2014 7:34PM
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • Jinazai
    Jinazai
    ✭✭✭
    For US and Canada customer only. Bah!
    :'(
    If i can endure the inane prattle in chat, I can survive your assuredly erudite eluciations. Proceed.
  • Jinazai
    Jinazai
    ✭✭✭
    If this game wasn't the laughing stock of the MMO world right down there with SWTOR.

Weirdest reason ever not to buy something if you like it. But hey
    If i can endure the inane prattle in chat, I can survive your assuredly erudite eluciations. Proceed.
  • Elder_Jelly
    Elder_Jelly
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe you all should worry about pushing new content into the game to justify the 15 dollar monthly fee instead of selling pointless stuff that nobody wants.
  • Maximilian
    Maximilian
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Limited Molag Bal Metal Print."

Will you be adding this portrait of the Daedric Prince to your collection?

Uh no, never...
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... Any chance we could get some cool novelty items of some Daedric Princes who aren't the "King of ***"?

I mean, I didn't get the big statue because I didn't really want that on my desk; but there's other Princes I'm more interested in. Like maybe a Meridia nightlight?
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you all should worry about pushing new content into the game to justify the 15 dollar monthly fee instead of selling pointless stuff that nobody wants.

Yeah, tell your Dev team to quit painting pictures, 'cause I know you've only got like six people working there. :P
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Obligatory developers wasting time in their basements hand crafting stuff to sell instead of designing a new range of hats for my Orsimer!*

EDIT: Why is it on metal btw? is that good? In my mind i can just image it easily scratches.
    Edited by Dekkameron on July 31, 2014 10:12PM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    *Obligatory developers wasting time in their basements hand crafting stuff to sell instead of designing a new range of hats for my Orsimer!*

EDIT: Why is it on metal btw? is that good? In my mind i can just image it easily scratches.

They melted down all the unsold Molag Bal statues and had to do -something- with the resulting slag.
  • Gaëloup
    Gaëloup
    ✭✭✭
    This is a joke right ?
    $275

Do you have difficulties to pay your devs ?

For $500 I could have a limited replica starwars light saber and a chance to play in episode VII.
    Can I have a NPC with my nickname if I buy this "thing" ? :)
    http://www.omaze.com/fr/experiences/starwars-episode-vii
    Edited by Gaëloup on August 1, 2014 8:35AM
  • Jinazai
    Jinazai
    ✭✭✭

The game has only been out a few months and already had alot of content added and another big patch coming soon. Tidy bit greedy perhaps?
  • Raiigen
    Raiigen
    Soul Shriven
    I was expecting the rage and tbh, I find it fairly amusing. If you don't want the print, don't buy it, nobody's forcing you.
    Gaëloup wrote: »
    $275 for that ?
    Do you have difficulties to pay your devs ?

For $500 I could have a limited replica starwars light saber and a chance to play in episode VII.

It's a metal print, so I figure the material costs a lot and devs need to eat and pay their bills just like everyone else, so yes, I figure it would be justifiable, but hey if you prefer to fire 500 bucks for a lightsaber, nobody's stopping you, it's your money, do with it whatever you want.

This is like saying the cleaning lady is responsible for the shipment in a company. Certainly they have a dev team for these sorts of things, leaving the developers to dwell in their basement, fixing problems and work on contents.

They melted down all the unsold Molag Bal statues and had to do -something- with the resulting slag.

The statues are made of plastic. Just sayin'.
    So.... Any chance we could get some cool novelty items of some Daedric Princes who aren't the "King of ****"?

I mean, I didn't get the big statue because I didn't really want that on my desk; but there's other Princes I'm more interested in. Like maybe a Meridia nightlight?

Agreed, I would like to see some of the other deities, both Daedra and Aedra. Meridia and Azura would be my first choice :D I'd also suggest a different pose for the God of Schemes once in a while, I mean he's always in that "I'm gonna crush you until your inner organs spill on the ground, you maggot!!!" pose, a different one might be more appealing sometimes? I don't know, just suggesting.

P.S.: Don't agree that it's only available for U.S. and Canada, it's already brutal for 'outsiders' to get a hold of certain items due to shipment costs...
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not big into art or anything so maybe I just don't understand the price, but isn't 275$ outrageous for something I could just print off my computer then slap on an aluminum board? I would never pay over $50 for something like this. I do want some nice elderscrolls items to put on display, but every single time its something super pricey! Molag bal statue which is arguably vastly superior to a glorified photograph costed less then 1/3 the price, why can't we get more stuff like that?

I took a visit over to the competitions store (blizzard) and found many things that are rather nice looking, but still less then $50. I have yet to buy anything from bethesdas store because I just can't justify the prices I see, I came really close with the talos statue because its actually really nice for its price, but most customers just don't have the kind of money to use your store. Hopefully in the future you will put out some products for the rest of us.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raiigen wrote: »

Really?
    Now I'm -really- glad I didn't buy one.
  • c1r3gamerb16_ESO
    I don't have a choice even if I was prepared to pay such an excessive price tag just on a piece of game memorabilia because I live in the U.K. Our money is good enough to play the game so why the discrimination against players outside the USA and Canada?
  • Raiigen
    Raiigen
    Soul Shriven
    Raiigen wrote: »

Really?
    Now I'm -really- glad I didn't buy one.

Yeah, a friend decided to get the statue. It looks nice and all, but I would likely use it as a paper step and mail-opener rather than endulging in its decorative function. Plus it says Made in China (big surprise there, don't you think?).

BUT if they bring out something prettier like, oh I don't know, Azura or Mara or Stendarr, I might reconsider, even it it's made of plastic :D
    Edited by Raiigen on August 5, 2014 12:50PM
  • fmcooper
    fmcooper
    Soul Shriven
    I am actually looking to get this metal print.

I can't find it on ebay but does anyone know somewhere else I can get it?