The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

jaybomb

Jaybomb
Jaybomb
✭✭
Dont you think that it is so hard to refine tempering materials like rosin,draugh wax and tempering alloy that to buy these materials is crazy high in price?for players who do not have a platinum credit card it is so hard to get enough gold to afford to buy of players and worse there is mmowin do you support them?it looks like you encourage this as money is being made so they must have your permission to sell these things.definetly not a fair playing field as usual the rich get everything and the rest get the usual slap on the head c'mon guys be fair please

Best Answers

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I refined a stack of 200 Shadowhide Scraps last night and received 5 Dreugh Waxes, as well as other lower level tempers.
    I was most pleased.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Answer ✓
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yellow gear should be rare and hard to make so no. It's damn hard to craft them and damn expensive. Good

What would be the point if everybody at lv30 would be running around with yellow gear?
    Edited by Welka on July 31, 2014 5:20PM
    Answer ✓
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying gold is against the TOS. If you know someone buying or selling gold, report them both. Hopefully the sellers will leave and the buyers will get their wee-wee's slapped and learn a lesson.

Rare items are expensive because they're rare.

Duh.

I kinda learned that whole economics / supply-and-demand thing in 7th grade Econ class. But I suppose that was waaaay back in the day when they taught superfluous things like grammar, mathematics and -actual- history.

... By the Eight, I'm old.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
    Answer ✓
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'll ignore the super-informative title and try to deal with the meat of your post (although that's hard to see):

It seems like you're complaining primarily about the rarity of legendary tempers. Which are supposed to be rare. Very rare. "Legendary" gear should be somewhat legendary in rarity, not something everyone can immediately get. It also gives crafters a lot of utility, since legendary gear does not drop in the game; it can only be received through upgrading existing items.

As to your second question: are they encouraging gold-buying? Of course not. No one is. They're encouraging people who want to put in the time and effort required to get those tempers to actually put in time and effort. You don't need legendary gear to be successful in the game. And if you only buy tempers instead of stockpiling them from your hirelings and refining raw materials, no wonder you're having issues.
    ----
    Murray?
    Answer ✓
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a simple way to get materials. Go to low level lands and just walk up and down the shore and kill mudcrabs. Collect rawhide scraps and refine them. It's not the most fun thing in the world, but you'll get them with relatively no effort and can just harvest 'em. You can generally get1-2 golds per stack depending on if the odds are in your favor, and in an hour you can wrack up a ton of scraps.

TL;DR AOE mudcrabs for leather.

Alternatively, just walk around and collect any and all ore/clothing material. If you want to get it ultra-easy go to a VR starter island (if you're VR). They're empty and resources spawn there like crazy. I usually make big circles there at night, and can get tons of materials (not to mention tons of Rekuta and Kuta from the endless Aspect Nodes just sitting there unloved).
    Answer ✓
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'll ignore the super-informative title and try to deal with the meat of your post (although that's hard to see):

It seems like you're complaining primarily about the rarity of legendary tempers. Which are supposed to be rare. Very rare. "Legendary" gear should be somewhat legendary in rarity, not something everyone can immediately get. It also gives crafters a lot of utility, since legendary gear does not drop in the game; it can only be received through upgrading existing items.

No, he's saying that:

because people don't buy minerals for crafting but also and foremost to farm yellow reagents, then the "legit crafters" who would need to buy those minerals to make armors and weapons get the shaft.

Apparently he does not get the market: once enough will farm yellows, the yellows will tank in value due to oversupply and then the desperate raw mats buyouts will slow down, letting minerals settle back down where the market will decide they should be.
    Edited by Vahrokh on July 31, 2014 5:25PM
    Answer ✓
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invest in hireling passives for your craft, and they'll mail you tempers fairly often
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Answer ✓
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

Alternatively, just walk around and collect any and all ore/clothing material. If you want to get it ultra-easy go to a VR starter island (if you're VR). They're empty and resources spawn there like crazy. I usually make big circles there at night, and can get tons of materials (not to mention tons of Rekuta and Kuta from the endless Aspect Nodes just sitting there unloved).

I love you. No, really. We're talking deep and abiding affection, here. I'm gonna make sweet, sweet love to Kenarthi's Roost... down by the fire.

Can't wait to hit VR1 ( which will be very soon! )
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
    Answer ✓
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »
    I love you. No, really. We're talking deep and abiding affection, here. I'm gonna make sweet, sweet love to Kenarthi's Roost... down by the fire.

Heh. But seriously, the VR starter islands have a few perks which make them invaluable for harvesting:
    1) They're small, meaning you can circle around and collect items with relative easy, then loop back around by the time they respawn. If you see an aspect node off in the distance it's a short jaunt over to grab it, and they glow as wide as can be)
    2) They're easy. Even if they're the VR, they're still the starter islands and enemies spawn the same way (not in large groups, usually solo). This makes harvesting even easier because there's not a lot of resistance.
    3) They're empty. Short of another VR player there to scoop up resources, the VR starter islands usually have (at most) half a dozen players. It makes grabbing what you need to quite easy.

Also forgot to mention chests. I find chests all over the starter islands (I'm about 700 out of the 1,000 chest achievement because of it).
    Answer ✓
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    Jaybomb wrote: »
    there should be a little higher percentage of temper returns

Read your passives.
    /kill
    Answer ✓
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i understand it should'nt be readily available but when your smithing is at 48 and you refine 356 voidstone ore and yes skill points have been invested i got not a one this is what frustrates me not that its rare but when you do achieve certain levels there should be a little higher percentage of temper returns

There is a higher percentage. It's still not a high percentage, but it's higher than without the skill passives.

Frustrated? Ok. But that's RNG for you.
    ----
    Murray?
    Answer ✓
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears as if the OP has invested the skill points in the correct passive, although it's not 100% clear from the writing. If so, it is a bit unusual but not unheard of to receive no yellow upgrade materials at all from 300+ ore refinements.

Random outcome is random. Some get lucky, some do not, and if the desired outcome is rare, it will take a very long time for things to even out. Just keep at it. You will eventually be rewarded for your persistence.
    Edited by stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO on July 31, 2014 5:58PM
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hear o players selling stacks/100 of rare tempers and asking prices off 500000g for special deals who else but people

Not in VR levels myself, but I have only seen people selling stacks of 35 of the rarer tempers, and for not that much money, like 35000 OBO. This is in Zone Chat.

You have to remember, in the early days of the game, it was infested with Bots going around and farming mats and gold. ZOS has done some things that have effectively eliminated the bots from the game. And, I see no more spam from them in either mail or zone chat.

Also, I try to have 50 inventory slots free when farming a dungeon, and deoncstructing one haul will generally net me 4 to 6 tempers per craft line (Clothing/Wood/Armor). This is with 2 or 3 in the Extraction Passive. Obviously, a Green item is not going to extract a Blue Temper. There is an addon that can filter your looting so that all you pick up is Green or Better (I imagine it can even be set to Blue or higher if you wanted)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hiya,

As @Azzuria stated, it's against our Terms of Service to buy and sell gold.
    We wanted to remind this point to you guys.

However, be sure that we're reading the forums everyday, not only to apply our Code of Conduct, but also to gather your feedback on The Elder Scrolls Online.
    We appreciate and value your feedback.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
    Do something about this heavy grinding to get a little of what you need
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont you think that it is so hard to refine tempering materials like rosin,draugh wax and tempering alloy that to buy these materials is crazy high in price?

Materials Minions and Extraction Skills help a ton with getting high level tempers. I have enough now to make a complete set of Epic Armor, I just have no reason to until I am VR Rank.

Also, get the Expertise skills so you use a ton less tempers.

Finally, if you have traited something, then get the Success to 100% or your upgrade will fail. I have yet to have a 90% success upgrade go through on a traited item. Sucks to lose an item because I was being chintzy with my tempers.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
    Yes i understand it should'nt be readily available but when your smithing is at 48 and you refine 356 voidstone ore and yes skill points have been invested i got not a one this is what frustrates me not that its rare but when you do achieve certain levels there should be a little higher percentage of temper returns
  • Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
    Vakroth hope i got your handle right you hit the nail firmly on the head you understand that people with real money buy up all these products then sell them at extreme prices there is only so much to go around rare is the word we understand i hear o players selling stacks/100 of rare tempers and asking prices off 500000g for special deals who else but people buying with real money can do this no way you can farm 500 tempering alloy even if you played from the start and kept all of it.tell me how does mmowin get away with selling these things if they dont have permission seriouly i may and probably are very dum but explain this to me?
  • Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
    Thanks to all who commented and dont mistake frustration for not enjoying how some can buy these things with a cry in their mothers ear.and yes you may find the grammar a little out at times but give me chance i am from SKYRIM(scotland) after all thanx all really (:))
  • Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »

I cant wait either maybe we can visit the roost togethervi do have pledge of mara what you say wanna make a warrior out of me
  • Jaybomb
    Jaybomb
    ✭✭
    Then why does mmowin get away with it it must be illegal?