The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone know what the secret of this island is?

nerevarine1138
nerevarine1138
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was running through Alik'r on my alt, and I came across this island to the north of Aswala Stables. It's unmarked on the map. It appears to be a nice manor with doors on each side, but neither door opens. No lorebooks, resources, or anything that I can see as an incentive to go there. Anyone know if I'm just forgetting about a random quest chain?

dFm6rnD.jpg
hDD4S9N.jpg
----
Murray?
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a couple of those throughout the world; I recall one in Grahtwood as well; no clue what they're for I assume future quests or something.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can jump in that manor's garden from the behind, using some rocks. You can run around and see that you cannot even interact with barrels and containers which is weird. It doesn't even show in green as empty. You just cannot interact. And same goes for the doors and the trapdoor behind the house.

It might have some future purpose or the GMs use it as some party manor.

Would be awesome if we totally randomly found a key or a note that would lead us to a key somewhere in the map, either from mob drop or hidden in a small cave that has its entrance covered in bush or some fake walls that you can run through (they would have some different colours so it would be a tiny bit suspicious but not much to be obvious) etc.
    And with that key we could enter and find some fun/creepy stuff inside. I, for one, would love a haunted mansion or something like that that would have a creepy atmosphere.
    Edited by Csub on July 31, 2014 3:58PM
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of places in the world that are just there to be pretty or have a random chance for chest/materials/lorebooks. Personally i found a lore book on that island at v1-3?

idr what level i was but it was during vet content
    Edited by Trouvo on July 31, 2014 4:00PM
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trouvo wrote: »
    There are a lot of places in the world that are just there to be pretty or have a random chance for chest/materials/lorebooks. Personally i found a lore book on that island at v1.

Are you sure about that? Last I checked, lorebook placement was not random.
    Csub wrote: »
    You can jump in that manor's garden from the behind, using some rocks. You can run around and see that you cannot even interact with barrels and containers which is weird. It doesn't even show in green as empty. You just cannot interact. And same goes for the doors and the trapdoor behind the house.

It might have some future purpose or the GMs use it as some party manor.

Would be awesome if we totally randomly found a key or a note that would lead us to a key somewhere in the map, either from mob drop or hidden in a small cave that has its entrance covered in bush or some fake walls that you can run through (they would have some different colours so it would be a tiny bit suspicious but not much to be obvious) etc.
    And with that key we could enter and find some fun/creepy stuff inside. I, for one, would love a haunted mansion or something like that that would have a creepy atmosphere.

I really hope it's a GM party manor.
    ----
    Murray?
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably a side quest hub that was dropped/never finished. Happens a lot in open world MMO's.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    It def seems random because my friend and i did all of 1-vr6 together and did nothing without one another and sometimes a lore book would be there for both of us and sometimes only one of us

edit: yes that is lvl 1 to veteran rank 6
    Edited by Trouvo on July 31, 2014 4:03PM
  • Kaloran
    Kaloran
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there's a quest line that leads there. Something about a ghost and a sword.

Edit: Wrong island. My bad.
    Edited by Kaloran on July 31, 2014 4:08PM
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen several abandoned areas. There is also some sort of fortress in Stormhaven, with hammer banners.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It def seems random because my friend and i did all of 1-vr6 together and did nothing without one another and sometimes a lore book would be there for both of us and sometimes only one of us

I'm still kind of skeptical, because there are lorebook maps online that mark the locations. And leveling an alt through the same faction as my main had me finding the same lorebooks in the exact same locations as before...

Also, this thread was a veiled attempt to get some compliments on my pretty dress, so I am very disappointed.
    ----
    Murray?
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a moonsugar processing compound to me.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That fortress in Stormhaven with hammer banners is most definitely a GM party zone. Hammer banners. Banhammers. Right? ;)

• Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not random, but the same lorebook can appear in multiple locations. If you pick it up in one place then it is no longer available in the other areas. I believe that each book has 4 possible locations.

Harvest nodes and chest locations aren't random, either.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »

It is not random, but the same lorebook can appear in multiple locations. If you pick it up in one place then it is no longer available in the other areas. I believe that each book has 4 possible locations.

^ forgive me at work and almost going home(graveyard shift) that is what i meant by "random" locations since it is basically rng to be in position 1 2 3 or 4

edit: i meant that im tired lol...derp....and is the lorebook in each of the 4 locations until one is aquired? or chance for it? perhaps some lorebooks share chance locations? not sure why my friend and i didnt always find the book at the same time

edit2: i kinda hijacked the thread on a tangent didnt I? oops...and that is a very pretty dress? lol
    Edited by Trouvo on July 31, 2014 4:25PM
  • Erlindur
    Erlindur
    ✭✭✭
    I found that island as well. I couldn't use the front door, so I sneaked to the back wall and used some rocks to jump over it and get inside. I felt like a new member of the Thief's Guild, doing some task for them. Or was I supposed to kill someone? Not sure.

Edit: I've seen the one in Grahtwood as well. I'm absolutely sure that it wasn't there when my main quested the area, a few months ago.
    Edited by Erlindur on July 31, 2014 4:45PM
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erlindur wrote: »
    I found that island as well. I couldn't use the front door, so I sneaked to the back wall and used some rocks to jump over it and get inside. I felt like a new member of the Thief's Guild, doing some task for them. Or was I supposed to kill someone? Not sure.

Some people have theorized that those places will be used for the new Guilds.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nerevarine1138
    The spawn locations for lore books are fixed, but not every location always has a book, there are more possible spawn locations than there are books.

The book distribution across the possible spawn locations *is* random ...
    ;-)
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »

^ forgive me at work and almost going home(graveyard shift) that is what i meant by "random" locations since it is basically rng to be in position 1 2 3 or 4

edit: i meant that im tired lol...derp....and is the lorebook in each of the 4 locations until one is aquired? or chance for it? perhaps some lorebooks share chance locations? not sure why my friend and i didnt always find the book at the same time

edit2: i kinda hijacked the thread on a tangent didnt I? oops...and that is a very pretty dress? lol

Lore books have multiple locations, all of which will be there until you read any 1 of them. Once you read one, they all disappear. They don't randomly spawn in any one location. If you use the Lorebooks addon, you'll see how it works since they all show up on the map until read.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    @nerevarine1138
    The spawn locations for lore books are fixed, but not every location always has a book, there are more possible spawn locations than there are books.

The book distribution across the possible spawn locations *is* random ...
    ;-)

Incorrect. All instances of the books will be there until any one of them is read. It's not random at all. If you have an addon like Lorebooks, and you see one on the map, but it's not there when you're standing on the location, it's because the book is under ground and you need to find an underground entrance to find it.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still kind of skeptical, because there are lorebook maps online that mark the locations. And leveling an alt through the same faction as my main had me finding the same lorebooks in the exact same locations as before...

Also, this thread was a veiled attempt to get some compliments on my pretty dress, so I am very disappointed.

Nice dress!
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn