The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What class did you make your "warrior" with?

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For those players that, despite it's ineffectiveness, went with a pure or almost-pure stamina/weapon focused build with minimal (or no) class skills, which class did you pick, and why?

I've given a go of making a warrior-styled character on the pact, using 2h mauls and dual maces as the secondary. I went with dragon knight, but only because I'd like to mix the flame whip in with the build, probably wont use any other class abilities besides that, and that's only for a little flare.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade or Templar.
    Dragon Knights are tanks or sorcerer's
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
  • MonkeyD00
    MonkeyD00
    ✭✭
    I have an alt I just started doing the exact same thing with. Sword and shield only so far, with heavy armor. Not very well balanced for this sort of game, but I'm giving it a shot. I also chose Dragon Knight, only class skill i'm using so far is Stone Fist, just because that's close enough to looking like a punch from my guy :)

I have a feeling I won't be able to stick with him at higher levels, but it's fun for the early ones at least.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK's are actually not a bad choice, since the battle roar passive, works on any ultimate, so u dont have to have any class skills slotted
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to make one which is sad since it's my main and preferred playstyle for all MMO's and TES games. I just can't make it work. It will be interesting to see the suggestions in this topic though. I just wish ZoS would make the appropriate tweaks to make this playstyle viable.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've done it with a Templar and a Dragonknight. Not quite like you said, because I use plenty of class skills.

Actually, my templar is currently set up for light armor w/ sword and shield for PVP, although I am primarily a healer. It's a nice mix of caster and melee, with the CC effects 1h/s offers.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just made a templar, 2h, heavy armor and loving it.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Orsimer NB is a 2h Heavy armor - tons of fun too.
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think both Templars and Dragonknight s have great merits for warrior type builds. Really does depend on how many class skills you are willing to use on which would be the better choice.Even NB has some merit for a warrior build.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a heavy armor, 2-hander Nord DK and am loving her soooo much.

With the burn self heal she's pretty self-sustaining. In Shadowfen doing quests 2-3 levels beyond her and rocking 'em.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    My first warrior is my Sorcerer Imperial, but my more effective one is my Dragon Knight Nord that's a two hander. They are both stamina builds w/werewolf skill line and are blast to play.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenS1337 wrote: »
    Nightblade or Templar.
    Dragon Knights are tanks or sorcerer's

there are no tanks in this game .
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a while I experimented with a pure stamina, no class abilities build (before eventually deleting him). I give you Old Fatso:
    OldFatso_zpsc954b432.jpg
    Old Fatso was a Nord, um, something. His class literally didn't matter in the slightest, because I never put a single skill point into any class abilities. He used a two-handed weapon because he was a BAMF. He wore only light armor (and went shirtless) because he was old and fat. Anything heavier made him sweat too much.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    which class did you pick, and why?
    "Thorwald Titanborn" - Naked Nord Dragon Knight with dual wielding axes ...
    :D
  • moxiesauce
    moxiesauce
    ✭✭✭
    DK Full medium armor, execute, cleave, molten whip, flames of oblivion, momentum/evilhunter. Off has resto staff with igneous weapons. I can reach HARD cap weapon dmg of 246 and still 2 handers blows at dps. Pulled 960 on Mage about as good as it gets, poo compaired to my 1600 on mage wearing a dress.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    For a while I experimented with a pure stamina, no class abilities build (before eventually deleting him). I give you Old Fatso:
    OldFatso_zpsc954b432.jpg
    Old Fatso was a Nord, um, something. His class literally didn't matter in the slightest, because I never put a single skill point into any class abilities. He used a two-handed weapon because he was a BAMF. He wore only light armor (and went shirtless) because he was old and fat. Anything heavier made him sweat too much.

You've got nothing on Haegar the Horrible

1rff44.jpg
  • jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO
    I made a 5 heavy 2 med, greatsword wielding Templar.

Yeah...did not go so well for me...hehe

He is now a 5 med 2 heavy greatsword wielding Templar, he is better but not great. When they balance weapon abilities and stamina in general I'm sure he'll be great though.
    I can has typing!
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade, just because it had the word Blade in it. It's nice becuase there's a lot of class skills that help you get into position(or out of) to use your weapon skills.
    [DC/NA]
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Bosmer Templar runs around with a battleaxe and bow.

My biggest problem is taking on multiple mobs. There's not a lot of stamina-based AOE melee skills. Good thing 2H can do splash damage.
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    DK, only I wish I made him into a fire staff DK after I realized how terrible stamina builds are.
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight, Nightblade and Templar. I don't do ranged classes all too well. I love melee.....which kinda sucks to be me at this stage.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would argue that Nightblade is by far the best class to make a pure warrior character with.

1) A lot of the class abilities are melee oriented and also have simple red blade flashes for animations.
    2) Fear ability for the iconic warrior "shout" type skill.
    3) Siphoning Strikes allows the NB to be efficient with ability use even while wearing Medium/Heavy armor.

There are other reasons, but those are the main ones.

I really don't see DK or Templar as pure warriors, all their class spells look magical in some way, although I could see a really cool "Thor" type warrior made out of a Sorcerer with all the lightning.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I would argue that Nightblade is by far the best class to make a pure warrior character with.

1) A lot of the class abilities are melee oriented and also have simple red blade flashes for animations.
    2) Fear ability for the iconic warrior "shout" type skill.
    3) Siphoning Strikes allows the NB to be efficient with ability use even while wearing Medium/Heavy armor.

There are other reasons, but those are the main ones.

I really don't see DK or Templar as pure warriors, all their class spells look magical in some way, although I could see a really cool "Thor" type warrior made out of a Sorcerer with all the lightning.

I agree the NB can be an awesome Berserker/Barbarian type character that can work fairly well In normal and current solo vet.Put on a medium/heavy barbaric/primal/Bosmer motif armor and large sword and you are set.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)