The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weapon trait stones from Clothier Hireling

Soulshine
Soulshine
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to see if others are having this issue. I am a level 50 enchanter and clotheir. My clothing hireling continues to send - consistently - weapon trait stones in the the mail along with the cloth, lol. WTH??? I make clothes not weapons. I have yet to get an armor trait stone from this poor chap. Are others seeing this as well?
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked about this during PTS before the game went live and was told that it was working as intended. Personally, I don't think it makes much sense.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it doesn't. I can get plenty of stones from deconing clothing, so it isn't an issue of not having any. But it is completely idiotic to me the a clothing hireling would send weapon trait stones. I do wonder if the reverse happens with weaponsmiths getting armor trait stones...
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    No it doesn't. I can get plenty of stones from deconing clothing, so it isn't an issue of not having any. But it is completely idiotic to me the a clothing hireling would send weapon trait stones. I do wonder if the reverse happens with weaponsmiths getting armor trait stones...

I think it would only be an issue for the clothing hireling. The blacksmith and woodworking trees both have armor and weapons so it wouldn't matter. Clothing is the only one of the three that doesn't craft weapons.
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    That is weird! I totally never noticed before. I just assumed the same stones were used for everything like a Sapphire did divines for clothes, but did something else for weapons.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is weird! I totally never noticed before. I just assumed the same stones were used for everything like a Sapphire did divines for clothes, but did something else for weapons.

Look at one closely. It specifically says weapon or armor in the description. Even the traits that apply to both weapons and armor have different stones, with one for weapons and a different one for armor, like Training.
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't notice weapon traits on clothing but with 3/3 hireling I didn't receive a single raw material from this skill from several days already. The other crafting hirelings work fine (the raw material is the highest the character can craft).
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, they need a weapon to add to the system made of cloth. Hmmmm Whips :). Slings :D. Garottes ;).
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Tekalynn
    Tekalynn
    ✭✭
    Poor Miss Firi has...issues. Can't say I'm surprised.