The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which Add-Ons do you think need to be in-game features

binn05_ESO
binn05_ESO
Soul Shriven
I searched for some look alike topic but couldn't find it.

So, list the Add-Ons functionality that you think should be an in-game feature.
When possible explain your reasons, and link the Add-On.
Also, all of those features should be activated/inactivated as players like/dislike them.

My list of needs: No one wants to travel to a crafting station just to see how much time is needed to finish a research.
If a was an in-game researcher I would have labeled hourglass to now when my "backed cookies" were ready.
As some people need to see their dps, I need to see my stats. And I don't think knowing more about my character breaks immersion.
As many other crafting add-ons, my character can know many things from memory, but I can't. Let us see which
I have 160 inventory slots, I harverts nodes as crazy. Help me organize my bags. Also, give me some bags, backpacks and other storage devices to use around my armor (graphic update).
/sarcasm on
As much as I like my carpal tunnel syndrome as the next guys, I really like to avoid it.
/sarcasm off
Having to press R n times is not the hand's best friend.
I don't need to explain that a feature that was in-game and need to be remove, must come back to the game.
There is no reason to why I can't see how my morphs compare to the other option.
That is how I should see my quest progress. A real journal.
For a team that claims that UI minimalism is the way to go, that gray bar above my head is annoying.
No more press I to see how many inventory slots I have left. Yay!!!!
As with some options above, my character can remember some of those informations, my mind can't. It's already filled with real life things that I should not forgot, but always forget...
Because I have to keep an out-of-game spreedsheet to remember what I have already researched and what I haven't. Let's talk about breaking immersion here...
I can't even remember how I played the game before using these add-on.
Some of us want to have a good split between combat skills and craft skills. Before these add-on I had to count how many points I had spent on which. No more.
Edited by binn05_ESO on July 28, 2014 6:00PM
For the Hist and for the March!
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    binn05_ESO wrote: »
    I searched for some look alike topic but couldn't find it.

So, list the Add-Ons functionality that you think should be an in-game feature.
    When possible explain your reasons, and link the Add-On.
    Also, all of those features should be activated/inactivated as players like/dislike them.
    All of them.

The purpose of Addons is one of two:
    - Solve a problem till the Developers get around to bring out a properly tested and developed solution.
    - Solve a problem in a way only a small portion of the player base want it solved (not important enough to made a wide solution).

BatmanStoreFilter reached this final part of it's lifecycle (functionality being included in the game) already.
    As did the Spam Filter/ignore list/Fast report addons.
    All other addons are just hoping to be "next".
    Edited by zgrssd on July 29, 2014 9:48AM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the things on your list, if I had to pick the one I think the devs need to actually implement into the game first, it is Advanced Filters. Holy crap, I don't know how people can play without that one.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    none. all of these are optional and not necessary or vital tho convenient. before the pitchforks begin, I use 3 addons, but honestly, all could be done with some notes on paper with a pen, like I do in all my other games.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggielee wrote: »
    none. all of these are optional and not necessary or vital tho convenient.
    Technically, it's not "necessary" to have any visible UI at all while playing. That doesn't mean that the game wouldn't be overall improved by the addition of some of the more popular addons to the vanilla game. Maybe not all of the ones the OP listed, but there's absolutely no reason why simple things like "Advanced Filters" and "Harven's Stack Split Slider" shouldn't be in the game. Find me one person that would oppose either of those two if the devs added them. :)
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    reggielee wrote: »
    none. all of these are optional and not necessary or vital tho convenient.
    Technically, it's not "necessary" to have any visible UI at all while playing. That doesn't mean that the game wouldn't be overall improved by the addition of some of the more popular addons to the vanilla game. Maybe not all of the ones the OP listed, but there's absolutely no reason why simple things like "Advanced Filters" and "Harven's Stack Split Slider" shouldn't be in the game. Find me one person that would oppose either of those two if the devs added them. :)

Exactly. The ones that should be on the devs radar are the ones that no one could possibly say "I don't want that".

For me that would include Research Assistant, AI Research Grid, Crafting Material Level Display and some version of research timers ( I use the one that comes with Wykkyds Framework Bazgrims Toolbar)

None of these have any impact on the HUD (except Bazgrims) so it would be really hard to say "No thanks!" to.

Man after looking at my choices it really makes me realize how half-baked crafting is, lol.
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    I got one that would be nice -- One that auto logs in your alts to get the hireling mails. Such a pain having to log in just to get those lol
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    AI Research Grid
    Mini-Map
    Sous Chef
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got one that would be nice -- One that auto logs in your alts to get the hireling mails. Such a pain having to log in just to get those lol
    That is beyond the ability of Addons.

And before they would code that they would propably rather change how the Hireling system works.
    I don't mind it being limited to "only when you log-in".
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, I like being able to design my UI to my needs, and that we dont have things forced on us.

Like say the mini map, I love it in Age of Conan, I tried it here on ESO, and truly hate it.
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    X4D Chat

- chat window enlarger (up to full screen size)
    - time stamps in chat

I don't know if there are addons for this, but I'd also much appreciate:

- the option to download/save only one chat channel (for RP)
    - being able to directly reply to a private message and save it in an outbox

Edited by Sengra on August 13, 2014 3:48PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • DHBM
    DHBM
    im amazed at how many people dont know you can manually type in the stack # you want to split to.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a good list going.

I would add bank manager , probably one of my MVP addons.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on August 14, 2014 5:05AM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Apothecy
    Apothecy
    ✭✭✭
    Pansy Labs' Combat Indicator is a really nice add-on that would fit nicely in the game. It turns your compass outline red when you are in combat. And you can change it to whatever color you want.
    Main: Imperial -- Nightblade -- LVL 50
    Faction: Daggerfall Covenant
    Platform: PC
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Multicraft

Research Assistant

Radar (This isn't actually an addon, as an addon can't do it, but I still feel the game is half broken w/o it) with a 30m (or whatever the max range is for keen eye skills) Would obviously show nodes exposed by keen eye. (I'd like to actually turn grass back on without severely handicapping myself), and, when in first person mode, would also indicate the position of group members, Visible enemies that have aggroed on you, and perhaps most importantly, show the "red danger zones".
    Achievements Suck
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    I did not find an addon for this, but being able to buy in bulk would be great. I hate clicking E 100 times or whatever at the grocer.
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    I did not find an addon for this, but being able to buy in bulk would be great. I hate clicking E 100 times or whatever at the grocer.
    When you right click on the item in store window, there is an option to buy multiple items.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the one feature from that list we really need is the split stack sliders. So useful!