The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Butcher

Deltia
Deltia
✭✭✭✭✭
The Butcher

Builds Objective
Charge, Carve, Standard, laugh. The Butcher is built as a Standard dropping machine that can utterly dominate a close quarters fight. Having a small party with one character (me) focused on using the best ultimate in the game creates havoc for the other team.

The basic rotation is applying some buffs, leaping into combat via Invasion, use Talons, swap to bar 2 and Carve over and over to generate ultimate quickly. Once you hit the cap, swap back to bar 1, drop, block, pull anyone into the Standard. Once it’s up, do the same thing over and over.

Keep in mind, this build isn’t designed to solo or be the main tank, it’s made to jump into combat, get attention (while someone is healing you) and Carve as many enemies as possible. The more enemies, the more ultimate. You’ll sacrifice a lot to make this happen, but with gear and skill, you’ll be dropping more Standards than ever and really changing the dynamics of the fight.
Skills

Bar 1
  • Extended Chain – This is a must have after you drop the Standard to pull and slow enemies. Be ready to have a magicka pot handy if you continually pull.
  • Invasion – A great gap closer and stun though has a high stamina cost. I’ll “Rambo” in with this, talons them, and drop a Standard while laughing. If they get away, no worries, I’ll leap again.
  • Burning Talons – Lock them down, burn them, and keep making them break CC. Swap to second bar and drop a Cinder Storm to slow them down after they break the root.
  • Igneous Weapons (Molten Weapons) – This combined with Rally can add major damage for Carve spamming. Plus, it lasts long and builds ultimate out of combat! Spam it while traveling if you don’t have a Standard up.
  • Green Dragon Blood – Just save up magicka and scream “you can’t kill me” while spamming this and magic pots. No really, watch some of my videos, it’s funny.
  • Standard of Might (Ultimate) – To maximize the effectiveness of Standard in PvP, combine it with some stuns, roots, and slows. Additionally, pull people in the radius with Extended Chains. It’s an “I win button.”

Bar 2
  • Engulfing Flames – This generates a massive amount of ultimate so I prime my targets first. It adds more fire damage so goes well with Igneous Weapons.
  • Unstoppable – A must have in PvP to avoid stun lock. It’s also a great armor buff too, so try to keep up your stamina in order to have this available. Very important to keep up considering this build uses a lot of medium armor.
  • Rally (Momentum morph) – This buff increases weapon damage and continues to increase it over time, plus heals you when done. Pop early to get maximum burst when the Standard is up, then I usually pot prior to Butchering opponents with Carve.
  • Carve (Cleave morph) – A weapon based damage ability that generates an enormous about of ultimate. With all your buffs, you’ll be hitting each enemy for 400+ damage including gaining 3 ultimate per hit!
  • Flames of Oblivion – Since our second bar doesn’t rely on magicka, I turn this on for the added DoT and critical. It also generates tons of ultimate so prepare to swap back to bar 1 for Standard of fun!
  • Flawless Dawnbreaker (Ultimate) – The passive weapon damage is a must with the Two-hander. Just make sure to swap back prior to dropping your ultimate or this one won’t have hardly the same effect.

Gear
The premise behind this gear set is to have one set that reduces the ultimate cost on bar one. While my secondary bar has an entirely different set since I won’t be using Standard on that one. I want to max out weapon damage, have tons of stamina, but all some critical resistance via the Impenetrable trait. There’s some even better set bonuses out there, but I need the AP prior to acquiring.

Health 2500 > Spell Crit > Spell Power > Magicka 2000 > (stamina for PVP)

Butcher Gear

Armor Weight – I go with five medium and two heavy after play testing. The heavy really helps my defensiveness while medium generates tons of damage. Light just wasn’t that effective since my major damage comes from Carve and Standard.

Jewelry – All weapon power and I’m well over the soft cap. Critical charge if on my bar can hit for 800.

Traits – The best trait for PvP is impenetrable, hands down. Doing some math, if you have all Legendary gear, the impenetrable stat gives you 100 per piece, or 10% immunity. I still stick with infused for three pieces,while using impenetrable for four or a 40% reduction in critical chance. Trust me, it’s noticeable.

Set bonuses – I use the PvP set Blessing of Potentates for reduced ultimate cost. It’s the center piece of the whole build and why having a shield to make 9 total gear slots becomes very important. I also use the Night Mother’s Gaze set to reduce armor combined with my weapon glyph which will really tear down their armor. Finally, I have the hard to craft Arena set because being CC or breaking one, can make or break your PvP experience.

Glyphs – As long as you’re reaching your caps, put whatever in. You’ll really need 2000 stamina and roughly 2500 health first priority. For my weapons, defending is important since I’m only using two pieces of heavy and Rage on my 2-Hander to really pump up my damage. Jewelery is a must to have weapon damage.

Attributes – Same as always, 0/49/0 all into health.

Mundus Stone – the Shadow for extra damage on critical hit damage for the Carve not only generates good amounts of ultimate, but hits like a truck. I once hit 14 targets for 325….that’s 4500+ damage with one swing.

Food – VR5 Consummate Pudding (increase health, magicka, and stamina by 271 for 2 hours)

This is a really unique build and it’s not meant for solo play. But if you’re running a small, well coordinated group, you can do massive damage and be the focal point of the entire battle. Try it out and tweak it to fit your play-style.
In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
"It's a good day to be alive"